dmania is offline Junior Member

Question College Drug Tests?

A "friend" of mine is considering playing a sport at his junior college. does anyone know if they test for drugs before letting you participate? If so , what kind of drugs do they check for becuz i heard steroid tests are fairly expensive. if anybody has some info let me kno . Thanks guys.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    At NCAA schools they usually test ya, but as for NJCAA, they hardly test at all - mostly for recreational drugs.

canseco is offline New Member
    they don't test at any colleges before you even letting you play but yes in the NCAA you are subject to random drug testing (which means only a few athletes from each team will be tested at a random point in the year) the juco's usually don't test and if they do it is usually for harmful drugs used for recreation. STeroid tests are very expensive by the way so a lot of colleges try to test the minimum to avoid spending so much cash on it

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    While I was playing in college no one was ever tested for A/S, if they ever did there wouldn't have been too many athletes left playing (at my college) which is sad to say.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Juco doesnt test because they cant afford it.

big swoll is offline Member
    i was concerned about that too, so i wrote an email to the njcaa....they do not test at all for any drugs. they told me that the only drug testing policy they have is that you have to pass your schools drug test, if your school gives drug tests. more than likely your school only tests for street drugs like weed, crack, and coke. thats what ours did...i would try to get in tight with the athletic trainer and ask him...mine straight up told me that we didn't get tested for steroids

Thread Information