J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Running on a Cutting Cycle

I've always understood that you need to run/do cardo 45 mins to really get the effects of fat burning for it.

I run every other day on my current cycle, fina/winny/clen /T3.

I keep reading about people saying they do cardo for 45 mins a day, 5 days a week. I just cannot buy it though.

I've always been a decent runner, and I'm doing 3-4 miles every morning I run. It takes me about 25-30 mins to finish my run, depending on what path I take.

If I wanted to run for 45 mins, I'd have to do about 6 miles every time.

Honestly how far/long (time) are you guys running when cutting?

I just can't belive that everyone is running 6 miles 5 days a week.

Sure, I might be pushing my self to 70%-80% of my cardiatic (sp?) rate, but anyone can WALK a mile in 10 mins, you better be able to jog one in 8.

Who's REALLY running for 45 mins?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    If you are running, you are working more for your cardio than for fat burning. If you want to lose BF, your cardio should be done at a brisk pace. You should still be able to hold a conversation with the person next to you but you should be graething heavy. You start to burn your fat supplies up at about the 30 minute mark which ios why people do cardio for 45min. to an hour..

It has to start burning fat faster when running then......

I mean you only have so many carbs you can burn before it starts burning fat.

And AM (pre Breakfast) runs, wouldn't they start burning fat almost immidiatly? cause you have nothing else to burn in your body when you wake up but fat.

I understand that if your doing cardo at 60% it will take 30 mins for fat to start burning.

But wouln't it start to burn much faster if your at 85%?

And whats in your body, if anything seems like it would drastically effect the amount of time also.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by J-Dogg
    It has to start burning fat faster when running then......

I mean you only have so many carbs you can burn before it starts burning fat.

And AM (pre Breakfast) runs, wouldn't they start burning fat almost immidiatly? cause you have nothing else to burn in your body when you wake up but fat.

I understand that if your doing cardo at 60% it will take 30 mins for fat to start burning.

But wouln't it start to burn much faster if your at 85%?

And whats in your body, if anything seems like it would drastically effect the amount of time also.
    At 85% you would be burning your glycogen stores...Cardio first thing in the morning or right before bed are the best times...

hrm isn't that what I'm trying to do though? burn up glycogen till its gone, then start burning the fat?

btw, thanks for such quick replys good info

So whats everyone else doing while cutting?

Thread Information