BIG LARR is offline New Member

Question carbs, nessary to grow?

IM STARTING A CYCLE NEXT WEEK, I HAVE BEEN ON THE ATKINS DIET TO DROP THE FAT, AND GET DOWN TO 185...IM GOING TO TAKE DECA AND SUS STACKED. HOPING TO BE A SOLD 200 OR BETTER...COULD I GET THERE IF THE ONLY CARBS I EAT (BASICALLY) ARE MY MILK IN MY SHAKES...I MEAN I DO PLAN ON EATING 400 GRAMS OF PROTIEN A DAY. CAN I STILL GET THERE WITH OUT FLOODING MYSELF WITH THE CARBS...I WANT THE MUSLE NOT THE FAT.?/.// ANY HELP PLEASE

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat complex carbs, yams, brown rice and oat meal.

And quit eating so much damm protien, thats way too much for someone your wieght.

Its probably harder on your body than all the shit your taking.

BIG LARR is offline New Member
    HOW MANY GRAMS OF PROTIEN A DAY SHOULD I BE TAKING IN COMPARED TO CARBS..

bigblanco is offline New Member
    I dont know how many carbs you need (if there is a formula as there is with protein) but you'd never even be able to function on the carbs from milk alone for 10-12weeks. Complex carbs are what fuel the brain as well as the body. You'd never gain 15lbs without eating carbs. I'd be interested to know though if there is a recomended amount.

bigblanco is offline New Member
    Originally posted by BIG LARR
    HOW MANY GRAMS OF PROTIEN A DAY SHOULD I BE TAKING IN COMPARED TO CARBS..
    some people say 1.5gms per lb of lean body weight (your body weight minus your body fat) others say 2x. I shoot for in between since you can never be that exact anyway.

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member
    yeah, 1.5 to 2, u have to realize that your body can only use so much protein a meal, i've heard as low as 20 gms per hour but i think its more like 30

you need carbs, flat out
    i was on a no carb diet for 6 weeks, i lost lots of fat but goddamn i felt like dirt

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It will be nearly impossible to gain 15lbs without some carbs in your diet. There is no reason that you will have to put on any significant fat during your cycle just because you are eating carbs as long as you eat the right kinds at the right times. However, I think you should make a decision on whether you want to continue to cut or to try and make mass gains on your cycle.

Lars is offline New Member
    Also carbs after a training session are really important, and actually induce growth, so overall it's not that good an idea. If your really worried eat most of your carbs in the morning so that what you don't use is burned as fuel later. Carbs=glycogen.

maxmus is offline Junior Member
    I did a low carb diet to try and build up muscle, it didnt work once I added in carbs I put on 20lbs with out gear too

Thread Information