4 7.14%
  • For a sport

2 3.57%
  • For my own personal enjoyment

50 89.29%

Why do you train?

Why do you train?

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    i train for me ,i started out just as a plac to channel stress through and just let loose then i saw the gains nothin crazy but they came then i educated my self on the sport diet and the gains started to pile in.i like it it made me feel good physicaly and mentally,then the girls just started to stare and i really like it more in clubs and what not.so it grew on me and couldnt immagine mu=y life without it now.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    It's hard to pigeon hole this into one answer. First and formost I train to improve my self image, I've always liked the looks of big muscle. I train to improve my mind and to stay healthy...I train because I plan on competing next April and I train because it's social (at least somewhat). I love the gym mentality, the commraderie and the feeling that "I'm a weightlifter" and people notice. I like being part of a misunderstood subculture.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I train for myself. I do it to stay healthy and feel good about myself. And bodybuilding is one thing you have total control in. I like to look good for my wife also.

Extreme is offline Associate Member
    I train for myself as well. I like to feel fit and looking good. The gym also helps clear my mind and expend stress and energy! I like to read, study diet, lifting, and other techniques to help furthur develop my muscles.

But one main reason is for the most part I am single and I do it for the girls! girls! girls!

Kingnut is offline Junior Member
    College football, goin D-1 Pac-10 hopefully after next season. After that??? Nut

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    respect

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Respect..walk.. are you talking to me?

Yeah, def do it for my selfimage like Pete said and def for respect.

Ironweb is offline Member
    I train because I truly enjoy the challenge of it. Bodybuilding has been one of the most humbling experiences of my life. I can always grow, become stronger or look better. Great stress relieve and it makes me feel good.

The sure will of the sport alone is what separates a bodybuilder from others. I have read stories of people who pick up lifting and see changes not just in their body but their life. It is that will that you gain from lifting that spills over into other parts of your life and allows you to be better in ever aspect of what you do. Few people have the genetics to be ripped. You have to push yourself beyond yourself and that takes much. My respect for a bodybuilder is not simply for the body they achieve, but the will it took to achieve it. Simply said bodybuilding makes me a better person in all aspects of my life.

Grrific is offline New Member
    Personaly, I've started weightlifting for the fact that I just been laid off and have alot of times on my hand ...But, after reading everyones reply makes me glad that I have started. And you guys are definately right, it is somewhat mentally challenging... there are days when I really have to force myself to go to the gym, LOL...

solid90062 is offline Member
    Chicks

roch is offline Member
    grrific, funny that you say that. I was laid off too and have nothing better to do until I find a job. but I do it so I can feel better about how I look. I hate being fat.

Roch

demetri is offline Member
    I started because I wanted to have a muscular physique instead of the Beer, couch, and University student body.

I found that I love the intense workouts and I seem to be able to burn away work stress.

ALLEN is offline New Member
    tired of being skinny and self conscious to take my shirt off at the beach or the clubs. just want a freaking nice body, and I will do it, i am just starting out haven't even't gotten my gear yet. But I will do it if it's the last thing I do before I die. I will have a fucking nice body and people will look at me and envy me. that's why I train.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I am addicted to the pump I get from training. And I also like to be in that whole other state of mind, the one where you feel like no one else is in the gym; just you and the iron.

diesel21 is offline Member
    for everthing... health, love of it, competetion. and to be better than the other guy.

bump

Durabolin is offline New Member
    I look great in clothes - can buy anything off the shelf and it'll fit, and to be better than the other guys. I'm no giant at 6' and 190 pounds but at 6-8% BF that is ideal for me. Haven't enjoyed my life so much

firedup is offline Junior Member
    cuz being strong is fuckin awsome!

Training for the Upcoming Career.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I started training simply to boost my self esteem, after my girlfriend left me about a year ago. Back then I just wanted to look better. Now I actually like going into the gym, and being able to lift more every time. Of course, I still like to look good.....

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I do it all for the ladies, just about anything I do is for the ladies.

I dress nice for them, lift hard for them, bush my teeth and even shower for them!

BigLou is offline New Member
    As a kid I was into He-Man and other super hero cartoons. They were muscular and helped saved the day. I didn't know people could look like this in real life until I saw Arnold in Conan. I wanted to achieve that look. In my eyes bodybuilding is pure art. To be able to shape your flesh into a masterpiece is a site to behold. Training is also a major stress reliever, keeping me sane when times are rough. I wouldn't say I do it to pick up chicks because the more bigger I get the less I get approach. Must be an intimidation thing.

gettingbigger816 is offline Junior Member
    bump

I train for several reasons. One: My career put alot of stress on me. I need to be physically fit in order for me to do my job. Two: I like to healthy. Three: BABES!!!!!!!

gettingbigger816 is offline Junior Member
    bump

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Some people play baseball, some people fix up cars, some people go around robbing convenience stores...I lift weights

Thread Information