30SUMTHN is offline New Member

Legal Question..

I was told buy a buddy of mine that it is now legal to bring a certain amount of certain steroids back from Mexico, does anyone KNOW whether or not there is any validity to this?

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    As far as I still know AS is still a schedule drug therefore illegal and you cant bring anything back over

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Legal Question..

Originally posted by 30SUMTHN
    I was told buy a buddy of mine that it is now legal to bring a certain amount of certain steroids back from Mexico, does anyone KNOW whether or not there is any validity to this?
    Yes. Next question?

Oh, the yes was to the question, "Does anyone KNOW whether or not there is any validity to this?" And to that, the answer is no - there is no validity to it.

Most steroids (at least the kind we play with) are listed by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration as Class 3 Anabolics, and require a prescription. With that said, you can bring "certain steroids" across the border into the U.S. if you have a prescription for them, just as you can bring any other prescription drug across the broder into the U.S. There has been much publicity, for example, about senior citizens getting their drugs from Canada because they are so much cheaper up there.

Therefore, there is a risk in bringing any drug back into the U.S., whether it is an AS or something as simple as a blood pressure or heart medication. If you have a prescription to cover it, it's legal; if you don't have a prescription, it's not legal. And prescription means just that - U.S. Customs will not accept a physician's letter in lieu of a prescription, it must be an actual prescription, written on a prescription form.

That will be five cents, please . . .

- TNT
    (Who regularly brings test enanthate
    and syringes/needles back into the U.S.
    from Canada - and declares every bit of it to
    U.S. Customs with no problems whatsoever.)

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i make the trip down south from time to time and tnt is 100% right. if you try to bring the type of gear that we tend to like across, customs will, at best, seize it. peace

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

the homies at the pharmacia told me

that is was ok to bring back clomid, proscar, and clenbuterol , I didn't take there word on it, and hid the shit..

_SOLID

some will let clen across, some wont. if you are willing to risk it, you can try. if youlook like you juice they will definately seize it. i always get searched.

juiceon is offline Associate Member
    Assuming you do not have a perscription from a US doctor, the only exception I know of was put into effect in the case that you get a perscription from a foreign doctor if you get "sick" while traveling: The law allows one to bring in a three month supply of medication perscribed abroad. The law was intended to allow those traveling abroad, who for example get sick while abroad, to continue their medication/therapy upon return to the US. There are obvious risks if one is forced to suddenly abandon treatment for an illness. However, as I understand it, this law has a loophole . . . that is, it was written (unintentionally) to also allow one, having a valid US perscription, to obtain their medication from a foreign country. Obviously such practice was not intended when the law was written, deeming it a loophole, as it allows a US resident to obtain their medication from a foreign country. Since then, the loophole has often been expressed in a simplified manner, leading one to believe that they can legally import a personal supply of perscription medication. This is not true.

well written bro.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: the homies at the pharmacia told me

Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    [the homies at the pharmacia told me] that is was ok to bring back clomid, proscar, and clenbuterol . . .
    I don't know the status of these drugs in Mexico but here is a general principle on bringing in drugs: If it requires a prescription here in the U.S., it can be seized by U.S. Customs if you try to bring it in.

Simple example: Have you seen the Joan Lunden commercials for Claritin (the non-tranquilizing antihistime for seasonal allergies)? Here in the U.S., Claritin requires a prescription. In Canada, Claritin is available over the counter (without a script). But if you try to bring it back into the U.S. without a script, it will be seized. Ditto syringes and needles - over the counter in Canada, although they require a script here in the U.S.

Here's the way it should be done: If you get a prescription from your U.S. doctor, you should see a Canadian physician, who will essentially re-write the prescription. I say should because there are some pharmacies in Quebec that, although they shouldn't, will fill a prescription based on what your U.S. doctor has written. (But that's an issue for Canadian authorities; U.S. Customs will not be concerned as long as you have a U.S. prescription.)

What I do to cover my ass is simple: I have a U.S. physician write a script, then I see a Canadian physician and have him write the same script. Even if the drug is available over the counter in Canada, if it requires a prescription here I request one from the Canadian doctor, expaining that I'm just covering myself for the border crossing. Then I go buy the Claritin, syringes and needles, etc., without a prescription, but I can still presen the prescription to U.S. Customs when I cross back. Since a physician visit only costs me $30 Can. ($20 USD, which is cheaper than it costs to see any doctor in the U.S.), I factor that into the overall cost, and the Canadian drugs are still a hell of a lot cheaper than they would be here in the States. And juiceon is correct: You can bring back up to a 90-day supply of anydrug into the U.S. at a time.

Bottom line: If you take a drug like Delatestryl (Test Enanthate ), it costs about $70 for a 5 ml vial of 200 mg/ml here in the U.S. In Canada, it costs only $19-22 USD per 5 ml vial, depending on how many you buy at once. (Canadian pharmacies have a base price, then they add about $6 CAN to the base price per prescription filled, regardless of quantity. Therefore, the more you get one one fill, the cheaper the overall cost. I have the enanthate prescription written for 200 mg. every 1-2 weeks (the most any physician would write for legitimately and pick up three vials at a time (enough for a total of 15 doses - 90 days worth plus a little extra in the vial). Bottom line: Instead of paying $70 for 5 ml here, I pay $57 for three vials. When I combine that with a few more, um, items I pick up, the cost of the trip across the border is definitely worth it.

When I cross the border back to the U.S. and Customs asks what I am bringing back, the second I say the word prescriptions I'm laying the copies of the prescriptions, both U.S. and Canadian, into the custom agent's hands. And it's never been a problem.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Jerk. J/K...

that is a good game plan, wish I could get a physician to give me a script.

_SOLID

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    strange right after 9/11 if it was legal it all changed then.
    Quote Originally Posted by 30SUMTHN View Post

Thread Information