lil-SLIM is offline Member

how liver toxic is dbol

ok I'd like to put this in terms I can understand, so how liver toxic is say 40 mg of dbol a day for 5 days a week

1) 12 pack of bear a day?

2) pint of whiskey a day?

2) liter of vodka a day?

which do you think, or if you can come up with some other alchohol related comparison please do!

this is not a thread asking if its ok to drink while on gear

getbig32 is offline Associate Member
    ah... kinda tough to compare those things to something like d-bol and you arent gonna use d-bol just 5 days a week are you.....?

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil-SLIM
    ok I'd like to put this in terms I can understand, so how liver toxic is say 40 mg of dbol a day for 5 days a week

1) 12 pack of bear a day?

2) pint of whiskey a day?

2) liter of vodka a day?

which do you think, or if you can come up with some other alchohol related comparison please do!

this is not a thread asking if its ok to drink while on gear
    my advice is to run it ed so 7 days a week not 5, and liver toxicity i think is exaggerated, if you keep dosage and duration of dbol to a min you will be fine bro

i suggest
    dbol 40mg/ed weeks 1-4

briancb1 is offline Member
    I think a lot depends on genetics. If you have good genes and therefor have a good liver then you can get away with more. Same from any other organ.

Ex: My grandpa smoked for 15 or so years back in the 60's and 70's. My grandma died from lung cancer and my grandpa's lungs are fine. He also drinks gin like he's getting paid to do it and he's fine.... so yea

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    IMHO the alcohol is way more toxic than the dbol , especially the hard liquor. People really get in trouble when they mix orals with alcohol, the dboll magnifies the alcohol's toxicity on the liver.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with these posts. the liver toxicity comments are over rated and over preached.....orals are toxic yes but no worse than binge drinking. i know two guys that compete that get blood tests done regularly and their liver levels arent anything excessive, still in normal range, high normal but still normal and they run up to 4 orals at a time.....genetics..? maybe i dunno but its no worse on them than someone that goes out and binge drinks on the weekends..thats the exact words a doctor used to tell me how underestimated the livers ability to process these drugs is....

poloblue is offline Banned
    i agree with haro, way over preached and over rated.. im on 75mg aday and drink one maybe two weekends a month rumble mintz and yager shots .. this is my thrid cycle and sill alive..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    drinking and dbol arent IMO comparable... i dont think the damage they cause is similar... but as others say I think the liver toxicity is overplayed here.. just dont do orals too long and dont srink while on... and even if u do it wont kill u... but to start comparing a bottle of whiskey to a dbol.. it makes no sense.. these things arent so absolute anyway..

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I think it would be more like having a couple of large whiskies a day rather than a whole bottle. Thats not based on fact JMO!

theboss is offline Associate Member
    mmm....whiskey !

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    They can't really be compared in that sense considering the hepatotoxic effects of each are caused through completely different mechanisms (Correct me if I am wrong). I am looking some studies over though, and quite often the conclusion of the study was "No significant differnce" in terms of liver values post treatment regarding oxandrolone, androstenedione and even dianabol . I'll try to look more into it.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    This is a good one:

The anabolic androgenic steroid oxandrolone in the treatment of wasting and catabolic disorders: review of efficacy and safety.Orr R, Fiatarone Singh M.
    School of Exercise and Sport Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia. [email protected]

There has been increasing interest in the development of effective agents that can be safely used to promote anabolism in the clinical setting for patients with chronic wasting conditions as well as in the prevention and treatment of frailty associated with loss of muscle tissue in aging (sarcopenia).One such agent is the anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) oxandrolone, which has been used in such clinical situations as HIV-related muscle wasting, severe burn injury, trauma following major surgery, neuromuscular disorders and alcoholic hepatitis for over 30 years. In the US, oxandrolone is the only AAS that is US FDA-approved for restitution of weight loss after severe trauma, major surgery or infections, malnutrition due to alcoholic cirrhosis, and Duchenne's or Becker's muscular dystrophy.Our review of the use of oxandrolone in the treatment of catabolic disorders, HIV and AIDS-related wasting, neuromuscular and other disorders provides strong evidence of its clinical efficacy. Improvements in body composition, muscle strength and function, status of underlying disease or recovery from acute catabolic injury and nutritional status are significant in the vast majority of well designed trials. However, oxandrolone has not yet been studied in sarcopenia.Unlike other orally administered C17alpha-alkylated AASs, the novel chemical configuration of oxandrolone confers a resistance to liver metabolism as well as marked anabolic activity. In addition, oxandrolone appears not to exhibit the serious hepatotoxic effects (jaundice, cholestatic hepatitis, peliosis hepatis, hyperplasias and neoplasms) attributed to the C17alpha-alkylated AASs. Oxandrolone is reported to be generally well tolerated and the most commonly documented adverse effects are transient elevations in transaminase levels and reductions in high density lipoprotein cholesterol level.However, optimal risk:benefit ratios for oxandrolone and other agents in its class will need to be refined before widespread clinical acceptance of AASs as a therapeutic option in sarcopenia and other chronic wasting conditions.

PMID: 15025546 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Thread Information