ashraine is offline Female Member

Question Newbie Question from a GIRL

Hey all, I am a fairly athletic 22 yo gal who would like to shed some extra fat. I maintain a good diet, though I don't follow one religiously. I'm guessing it most closely resembles the Zone in composition. I get about 1500 kcals/day and in the last couple months have been going to the gym and running just about every day, riding my bike to work, and through all that have lost about 25 pounds. My bf went from 34 to 28%, and I am getting pretty pleased with myself.

I am at the point right now where it is getting harder to lose weight even though I am doing more and more, and have been thinking I am wanting to turn to the less-than-natural methods to accomplish my goals. I don't want to look really manly, however, and my quads and calves are already about as big as I want them, from running and ballet. I could use some more upper body muscle to balance out, but mainly just want to get nice and toned, lose more fat and harden up a bit.

My question is this: I have heard that Winstrol is a great cutter for women to use, but my guy friend is having trouble getting it. He does have Deca available, but I was wondering if that is really the right thing for me. I have never done any steroids , and as I work in the adult entertainment industry I am very afraid of any masculinization effects. What woud be the optimal thing for me to start if that is not Deca. If I do decide to use Deca (because I'm impatient and it's available now) what are some things I should be aware of/watch out for? It doesn't seem like exactly the right thing, but I have also heard it is very versatile. Any advice/help would be appreciated!

Raine Ashlan

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    If you don't want excess muscle and masculinization then deca is not for you. Look into primobolan or anavar . We also have a number of female members who may be better able to make suggestions on dosages.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    girl before u go that route try clen ,i think u will see good resaults and will be able achieve yoiur goals ,witha clean diet and all.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I would try clen first. Do a search on it if you are not familiar and we can easily answer any question on it. It will greatly help in ridding you of unwanted bodyfat and maintain your muscle. I would go with 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off then repeat. Start at about 40mcg on day one then slowly up your dose by 20mcg everyday until either you get to 140mcg daily or to your tolerance level.

Sooooooo, the adult entertainment industry huh? What's that like?

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Pete235 on this.

I've been trying to familiarize myself on the basic knowledge of females and cycles and i've come to the conclusion that MOST female beginners need to start SLOW!

Try maybe a low dose of anavar , like 5mg a day and up it gradually 1/2 tab as you feel you can handle it. I've seen many women posting that winni, although very effective in women, should be saved for a more experienced user that KNOWS what kind of sides she may get from certain AS use. Do not stack either, do one roid at a time so you can learn how your body reacts to each different roid you are using. --JMO

I'm sure there are many female's that can certainly give you solid, personal experience advise, so stick around and don't go rushing things cause you may end up with sides that really weren't worth the trouble.

Good luck

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    With 28%bf she's not going to see improvements. Probally need to get on a eca stack and get down to about 16 or 17%. But you also have to eat healthy and stay away from high sugar amounts. Shit, maybe im wrong!!

Jamisun is offline Associate Member
    various types of diets and cardio routines are the best bet.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Please, Please ,Please dont use Deca !! Be patient! U have plenty of time whats the rush? Diet and cardio are very important!! Keep up the good (natural) work and u will be happier in the long run. Seriously, if u work in the adult entertainment industry as u say, then im sure u would hate some of the side's that will go along with Deca? Personally, id only recommend clen or some sort of ECA for a woman. But thats just me.

OG

ANABOLIX is offline New Member
    id have to agree w/ everyone here..use anavar , winstrol , definitely clen .. but CYTOMEL is probably THE BEST for burning, fat...but you have to be careful how to use it..to tell you how i need to know what you will be taking, also my girlfriend has used DECA w/ great results..but keep the dosage low (like 50mg/week)..of course GH is also great for fat burning,but more expensive. remember theres no substitute for hard work...GOOD LUCK!!

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    ashraine.

How much do you weigh?

It seems by the numbers you posted (34% to 28%BF after 25lbs loss) that you may have lost some muscle. Do you weight train?

It seems to me that you are losing muscle and your metabolism is slowing down. I think you should begin doing weight training along with your cardio. That should help give shape to your body and raise your metabolism. I really don't think you are ready for AS yet.

shorty2big is offline Member
    Here is a pic of my woman. When I have her juicing, it's either 100mg/week of EQ or 10mg/day of Winny. I never keep her on longer than 8 weeks to ensure she doesn't get any un-desirable side effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie Question from a GIRL-ruthtbar0021.jpg  
    Last edited by shorty2big; 07-18-2002 at 11:02 PM.

ashraine is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by swampthing
    ashraine.

How much do you weigh?

It seems by the numbers you posted (34% to 28%BF after 25lbs loss) that you may have lost some muscle. Do you weight train?

It seems to me that you are losing muscle and your metabolism is slowing down. I think you should begin doing weight training along with your cardio. That should help give shape to your body and raise your metabolism. I really don't think you are ready for AS yet.
    I weigh 145 right now, and I do weight train. I run four to five times per week, one run around 10k and the others around 5k. I weight train five times per week for an average of two hours each time, and do ballet once a week for a couple hours. I KNOW I haven't been losing muscle mass....My legs have gotten way bigger and my arms are starting to get nice and toned, and I feel a lot stronger overall. I am just increasingly frustrated because I have cut caloric intake way down, am using a thermogenic with chromium picolinate and ephedra, and have been working out a TON and have just suddenly hit this plateau that I can't seem to get over. I want to get down to about 15% bf, as the girls at my club who are leaner make about 20% more than those of us more amply endowed. I know that whatever I take will also have to be accompanied by a lot of hard work, and there is no such thing a a wonder drug. I'm prepared for that.

I have a couple people who are longtime juicers saying to go ahead and start a cycle of Deca , and one of these guys has his gf on it too. She looks good, but I am still not sure. I mean, if I am going to be doing something like this anyway, I want to make sure it is the most effective thing for fat loss rather than gaining muscle mass, with the least amount of side effects. I already have the biggest quads out of all the girls, and am terrified of taking anything that will make my lower half MORE muscled. I would like to cut out and tone the upper half, but I don't want to bulk up. Long, lean dancer's muscles are the goal, not short bulky bodybuilder muscles. I have always tended to bulk up quickly on my legs, so I'm a little paranoid in that department.

OTOH, I am pretty sensitive to ephedra. Too many diet pills and I am bouncing off the walls until the wee hours of dawn. I am taking AM-300 right now. You can check out the ingredients list at www.amsonline.com. I have tried Xenadrine but it was making me too "speedy." In light of this, my friend said I probably shouldn't use Clen because I won't like the way it will make me feel. He is also saying that because it is a thyroid hormone, it will make me very moody and that as soon as I stop taking it I will gain all the weight back plus more. Help! The more I research and talk to people, the more confused I get. I realize that to some extent, it is highly individualized and talking to two old pros I may get two completely different opinions. I am just looking for some pointers in the right direction, as a jumping off point to research and eventually decide what I am confortable with.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. One additional request would be, though, when giving advice on what to use also please let me know how much and often, and for how long. Thanks in advance!

Raine Ashlan

I don't mean to a pain in the ass about this but if the numbers you gave me are correct (BF % and weight) you have lost muscle. Which may be why your metabolism is slowing down. If you are running 3-5 miles 4-5x per week and weights for two hours a day 4-5x per week you are overtraining. For what your goals are you should not weight train for more than 4 times per week and it should take no longer than 45 minutes. Your arms are getting "toned" because you are losing BF. Your program is definatley heading in the right direction but your body may be adapting to the program, so it is time for a change.

As far as AS, keep in mind that no steroid is going to burn fat. What they can do is help you maintain or increase muscle mass while on a low cal diet. If it is strictly fat burning you need to stick with clen or t3.

Also I would not recommend a female to use Deca . Deca stays active in your system for three weeks. So if you do noticed unwanted sides and stop taking Deca, it will still be in your system for a few weeks. A better choice would be nandrolone phenylpropionate. It has the same charecteristics as Deca except it is fast acting. So it is out of your system in a matter of days.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    shorty, my compliments, your woman is gorgeous...nice job.

Originally posted by djdjdjddjon
    shorty, my compliments, your woman is gorgeous...nice job.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the compliment and so does she.

Seems maybe your body is getting to use to your diet. You may wnat to change it around or maybe add some more cheat meals.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by ashraine

" In light of this, my friend said I probably shouldn't use Clen because I won't like the way it will make me feel. He is also saying that because it is a thyroid hormone, it will make me very moody and that as soon as I stop taking it I will gain all the weight back plus more.
    Raine Ashlan
    Clen is NOT a thyroid hormone...your friend is an idiot...Do not do the Deca just because it's available to you...BTW, I'm on Clen now and I feel fantastic aside from the shakes...so what "movies" have you been in???

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    clen is not a thyroid hormone as has been said, im sure the girls can give you best advice but primo and clen, or var and clen might be a great idea in the correct dosages. I would forget deca if I was you. Sounds like you have made some good progress keep learning you are on the right path and I am sure you will achieve your results, good luck

peace

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    Shorty gave you some good advice. My woman has run several light eq cycles with outstanding results. But, she is a bb'er. No maculinization, no voice changes.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Likw Swampthing said, I think you're over training too. Do you get good amounts of rest? Maybe you should take a day off or two so your body can catch up and you might start getting more results again.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by ashraine
    [B In light of this, my friend said I probably shouldn't use Clen because I won't like the way it will make me feel. He is also saying that because it is a thyroid hormone, it will make me very moody and that as soon as I stop taking it I will gain all the weight back plus more. [/B]
    You're friend is thinking of cytomel (T3). My advice Ash would be to send a PM to "Little Girl". Nobody here knows what works better for women than a woman. We can help, but I find a lot of men are against women using and that taints their advice. Just a suggestion, good luck.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I would advise PMing Little Girl, Primodonna or Dr Derrick (who works with a lot of women)- you want to make sure you are not getting the sides more than you want - while we can tell you a lot - I would want to ask one of our fem mods, just to be sure.

Originally posted by Pete235

You're friend is thinking of cytomel (T3). My advice Ash would be to send a PM to "Little Girl". Nobody here knows what works better for women than a woman. We can help, but I find a lot of men are against women using and that taints their advice. Just a suggestion, good luck.
    I have to agree with Pete. You should definatley talk to a experienced female, such as Little Girl or Primodonna. However we do not want to discourage you from posting here. We will try to help as best we can. Many men really have no idea of how a female should use AS or the effects it may have on her. I saw a thread on a different board about female AS use. Some of the guys who were posting thought that all girls will get unwanted sides from AS. So most don't agree with females using AS. But that is do to there stereotypes more than anything. For a community that is supposed to be educated about AS use they really didn't know how AS applies to females. So make sure the people you are getting advice from know what they are talking about. The two ladies mentioned earlier are both very knowledgeable.

My girlfriend asked me for advice on what to take and I realized I didn't know much about AS on females. She is now an active member of a few boards and educates me on females and AS. One thing that sucks though, we fight over who gets to use the computer (and she can whoop my ass ).

And I don't think you should listen to your friend who thinks clen is a thyroid hormone.

Tori is offline Female Member

Question EQ or winny

Shorty2big...does your girl see better results with EQ or winny?

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Guys who tell you what their gf's are on is one thing...talking to a woman who is using or who has used is quite another...

I wouldn't touch Deca with a ten foot pole...that is my first suggestion

My second is whoever said you are overtraining is correct...quality over quantity...

1500 calories a day with all the training you are doing is a recipe for disaster...if you are at a plateau and mentally you feel like you have to keep doing all the training, trying eating more..a LOT more...

Regardless, something has to change like everyone has already said...back off the cardio, cut down the amount of time you train (per day not the amount of days), get some rest, have a few cheat meals here and there and your metabolism will speed up

My last comment: you said you wanted to take something that is "the most effective thing for fat loss"...that would not be ANY type of AS

demetri is offline Member
    Try a ketogenic diet. If you've hit a plateu with your diet then maybe a keto diet will shake things up a bit for you.

I think you're training too much .... Well I don't see how you can maintain muscle and train that much if you're not taking any AS.

T3 (cytomel ) may be the way to go. If you're concerned about being too muscular than you may be able to eat some of it away with the T3. It will boost your metabolism so you should be able to burn off some more fat.

How tall are you? I'm trying to picture the 145 pounds at the body fat you mentioned and I can't picture someone that works out as much as you with such a high body fat percentage, but then like most guys around here I now SFA about women and how they should train.

Good luck!

Thread Information