McBain is offline Member

First cycle - timing doses

Ok this is my first cycle, it's basically test prop 100mg eod and 30mg anavar ed. My question is what time of day to take these? I know there have been a thousand posts before but I have never really seen a definitive answer except for taking the whole dose in the morning so natural test levels can recover during the night (although this in itself seems a bit questionable imo). I am taking test prop however so this theory would be senseless as the test prop will shut me down anyways. I

I'm thinking of taking the test prop as early in the day as possible (to try avoid insomnia as much as possible) and splitting up the 30mg in 10mg dosages. 1 in morning, 1 before workout, 1 post workout. What do you guys think? (Please back it up with any info you might have, although personal experience is welcome as well).

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    I would take the entire dose a couple hours before my workout. Taking it in the morning to allow test levels to recover at night only applies to bridging, and required small doses of an AS like dbol . I don't remember the exact half life of prop, but I'm guessing it's around 4-6 hours, in which case i'd take 50mg ed instead of 100 eod.

McBain is offline Member
    I've already decided upon 100mg eod (the half life isn't as short as you think, not sure on exact numbers but I know eod will be fine), anyways I was looking more for what time of day to take the injection and whether or not to split up the anavar dosages and when to take the anavar. Thanks

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    If im not mistake the half life of anavar is 8 hours. If you work out in the morning, take one about an hour before your workout and one again at night. This assumes of course the half life is 8 hours.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I think what you first stated looks solid. Split the anavar up over the day and the prop is less important but I like morning shots.

McBain is offline Member
    Thanks guys. Also this is a bit offtopic on my original subject but I didn't see the need to start a new thread. Think I can get away with using insulin needles rather than 25g 1" for my test prop shots?

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I doubt it. It's hard enough getting the oil to go though a 25g. Try it htough I guess. Could take an hour to inject.

Thread Information