Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

Question about mood stuff

uestion about mood stuff
    (post #1)

Aiight here's the situation and I warn you, if you think of me as normal please don't read on cause I'd like to keep it that way. I have nothing to hide here so I'll be frank though those of you who know me know most of this already. I saw the doc again yesterday and need to be medicated which I already knew. I knew I had bi-polar disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder, but it ends up I've also been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder (social phobia or some shit) and generalized anxiety disorder as well by more than one doc. In short, I'm fucked somethin' fierce in the head. So the docs recommend I start valproate to get shit going and I need to see another doc for this. I am worried she will want basic blood tests looking also for my CBC and TSH levels to rule out drug related problems. I need to know will any of the following fuck up my levels:

fina
    eq
    T3 @ 16mcg daily

That is what I am on. I may wait until I stop this cycle but I was gonna bridge with primo so will that fuck anything up? Should I just tell her I juice or will she say she won't help until I'm clean? Trust me, juice is NOT my problem. Has anyone here ever been through meds with a doc who knows they are on? Thanks and any and all help appreciated. Not sure how many know this blood analysis stuff but hoping for some insight. Maybe TNT can help if he's around.

Whoa. Slow down with all the responses guys. That's a little bit more feedback and support than I can handle.

zwarrior99 is offline Junior Member
    are you sure the juice aint your problem? Dont take it in a wrong way. But it could be. In regard to your questions i dunno. Srry.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Nathan, all i want to say is that the doc. is going to tell you that your poblems are a result of your steriod use. Which i am sure you have allready thought of that. But i don't think that the steroids are the reason for your problems, and i don't think that You beleive that the steroid are the poblem either, otherwise you pobably would not even be asking this question. If you tell the Dr. that you are useing AS, and she says what i think she is going to say, It is only going to piss you off more than you all ready are. I get a feel of your personality from reading your posts, i have a friend whom i beleive is very similar to you...(he is all fucked up in the head)LOL! Bro i wish i could help. As far as the anxiety, i was diagnosed with some type of anxiety a few months back. I have been taking Paxil ever since. But i have just recently got off the Paxil cause i think it may be the reason why i sweat so much. I'm not sure if the Paxil worked or not. But something worked, now i feel great. I think it was because i started talking with someone(head Dr.) I would try that. What you really want to do is fix what ever is fucked up i'm sure. Just talking to some 3rd party really made me feel better. Helps get rid of anger, or atleast helps find out why you are angry.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Nathan,

I have a friend who was on steroids and slowly he started to have all sorts of problems related to depression. He had no idea what was going on. His doctors were convinced that he was bi-polar and wanted to prescribe medicines. He did not want to take the medicines because he felt that the doctors were wrong (all 4 of them). He stopped taking steroids, and after a year (completely away from any kind of steroids) he figured out that the steroids were causing him trouble.

He was an emotional wreck when he was in between cycles and he was an emotional wreck on cycles. He seemed to be functioning well on the outside, to most people, but he was careening down hill inside. He constantly called me and talked to me about things--endlessly. All the problems he was having seemed understandable when he talked about them. It wasn't like he was blowing things out of proportion. But he was constanly depressed then happy then depressed.

Like I said, he stayed off the AS for a year (no drugs, no alcohol) and he got better.

I have to agree with him--he said that doctors try to push drugs on people these days. It's like they throw drugs at a problem too quickly.

I don't know if your mood swings started before or after your AS use. If it started after AS then you might consider that AS has caused a chemical imbalance in you which manifests as a bi-polar-like disorder.

Thanks guys. This all started WAY before AS though. Since childhood in fact. I was diagnosed with it about 4-5 years befreo I ever started AS. Since starting AS it has been the same story with little to no change. That isn't the problem unfortunately. Thanks though I appreciate it. I have tried meds before that didn't work and so quit that and fixed some of the problems with behavioral modification which really helped. The rest though I think will require meds. I was just looking for some feedback on what to say to the doc and whether I even need worry about telling her or her finding out. Any insight on that?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Nate, I would just tell her making sure to stress the time of begining AS use and the time of diagnoses of your ailment.
    I would bet on her finding out through tests(don't know if those tests you are asking about show or not) and she'll probably be more inclined to help knowing you were up front from the begining.
    She'll most likely say that AS is a contributing factor, and if so, I would just ask about other factors and recommended steps for relief/prevention.
    Last edited by Pheedno; 07-19-2002 at 09:18 AM.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Nathan,

I agree with Pheedno. Tell her. Since this is something you've been dealing with for a long time, and you want to get relief, give her all the tools she needs to PROPERLY form a diagnosis. Don't be an obstacle to your own mental health by hiding information that may be relevant. Also--she may know about drug interactions with AS.

Best to you, man. Let us know how it goes

biggest_fukka is offline Banned
    same prob, my doc sussed wit' blood test though

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    I wouldn't tell them shit about the AAS use.

Most doctors are poorly educated on these substances and they will more than likely blaim the problems on them.

I would wait until you are clean and then get the tests done.

If there is an underlying problem, they may misdiagnose it if there are other factors in the equation.

I have always know that something wasn't right with you, Nate!!
    Last edited by XBiker; 07-19-2002 at 05:38 PM.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Well Nathan, I've been diagnosed before with the same things. In my case as well it had nothing to do with ASS use.

That said, don't waste your time with a general practice doc. Go and find a good physc doc. No Joke. I have taken paxil, prozac, welbutrin, zoloft, and several other meds. Of course then there is always the prescribed and unprescribed Xanax, lorazapam, or diazapam:-).

The social phobia and compulsive disorders CAN be taken care of, in a lot of cases you will start with meds and work through what from your past is actually causing them. I did it, so have many I know. Bi-Polar is somewhat of a catch all these days, I think that working through some of the other issues may resolve the "bi-polar" symptoms you are seeing.

Trust me on this, a good Head Doc is a good thing. Most of my shit stemmed from my past, little things you wouldn't even think of started most of my problems. It was a painless problem to work through once I decided too. I still have the occasional flip-flop of moods, but compared to where I was it is NOTHING (I'd call it fucking normal:-)). I'm not taking any meds anymore, don't seem to need them and am glad. In the begining though, once the RIGHT med was found it really helped me get through the early stages. Wellbutrin is what helped me, everyone is different.

Some of my issues stemmed from my use of MDMA, AKA Ecstacy. It is a VERY powerfull SSRI, funny as so is Prozac and half the family of Anti-D's. The difference's I could explain but it would be the size of a thesis paper for a PHD. I educated myself on these subjects over the years to an obsesive (no pun intended) degree. What I think I had actually done (there is no proof afterall) is torched my seratonin system with the MDMA. After dealing with some "issues" and trying different meds I found out about NRDRI (Non-Reversable Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors). What I believe ended up helping me was down regulating my dopamine system to match my self inflicted fucked up seratonin system.

Anyway, everyone is different, and as you see I am still a bit OC about knowledge of things. You need to focus your energy on learning about the Seratonin, Dopamine, and Gaba systems in the brain. Do it while you find a good Dr. Be honest about past drug use (ASS aside, ASS has no apreciable effects on these systems). Specifically tell them about any MDMA, LSD, Cocaine, or other drug use as this. See each of these drugs work on different parts of the brain, cocaine for example hits your dopamine system to get you high, while as has been stated MDMA hits your seratonin system, and while we are at it LSD hits neither! If you find a Dr thats worth a shit he will know about these things, and you need to learn about them as well so that YOU know if your Dr is being a bonehead or not.

My 2cc's,

DMX

bonker is offline Associate Member
    Nathan I know exactly were your coming from.Your not alone.I have all the symptoms you have.It is very frustrating and almost impossible to explain.I have had a million blood test and all was fine,They did the tests thinking that it was the use of AS that fucked me up but it wasnt.All was normal.Dont worry about the tests they do.I dont think there going to do a drug screen,Steroid testing from what I hear is very expensive and rarely done.They may check test levels and if they do explain it to them.

I know it is very frustrating not knowing what is going on in your own fucking head.Frankly it sucks.But always digging for an answer only makes it worse.I would spend hours trying to find what was wrong with me not realizing all I was doing was working myself into depresion.My advice to you is if you can take 2 weeks of work and go somewhere to clear your head.Forget about your problems .When I start feeling all wacked out I just take a breather and clear my head.I remind myself that I'm healthy and that nothing is wrong.It seems to help.I tried meds like Xanax and paxil but all they did is make it worse.It is very true that docs are to generous at handing out meds.It ironic that the leading side effect of most of the anti-d's is anxiety.Thats what its supposed to cure.

Anyways I hope you figure yourself out.Try to relax.Maybe take a break from the gym and just veg.It took me a trip to the hospital to realize that I was being to hard on my body and I should slow it down.

Goodluck my friend and take care of yourself.

Thread Information