Thread: inject question

BIG LARR is offline New Member

inject question

This was only my thrid time injecting in my glut. And this time it hurt,
    after i noticed that it was excatly in the middle of the mustle. If i hit it this time and missed the other two times, did i waste the shots???? I mean i wasnt far off before, just not in this exact spot...

I saw the picks, but its not as easy doing it yourself.//.....IM using 23gague, 1.5 in.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    hey bro,
    the glute is the biggest area to shoot in. the main reason for trying to hit the upper outer quadrant is the sciatic nerve that runs through the center of that muscle. if youre still walking, then you missed it.
    if your technique is clean,(steady hand, aspiration, etc) then you should have no worries. try and hit what your aiming at though. take your time, and think about what youre doing. dont rush through it just for the sake of getting it done.
    btw-if you were in the center of the muscle, even though you were off target, you didnt waste the shot bro, youre ok.

peace bb79

jamotech is offline Member
    Barbells: If there is no pain at all afterwards what does that mean? Im doing deca /sus mix in the glute and sometimes it hurts and sometimes not. Im using 22g 1.5 needles, being fairly lean do I have to worry aboout it not going in far enough? I ususally go in at a slight angle due to twisting around, is that ok?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro,
    There is no way you can miss the muscle on a glute shot with a 1.5 inch needle. Trust me you are fine. Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they don't. Count yourself lucky when they don't.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Your body should start getting use to the shots and soon there won't be anymore pain.

ATruePlaya02 is offline Junior Member
    1-1/4'' needle ok ?

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by jamotech
    Barbells: If there is no pain at all afterwards what does that mean? Im doing deca/sus mix in the glute and sometimes it hurts and sometimes not. Im using 22g 1.5 needles, being fairly lean do I have to worry aboout it not going in far enough? I ususally go in at a slight angle due to twisting around, is that ok?

hey bro,
    you have no worries, rickson is right. the twisting wont hurt you(although it is uncomfortable sometimes) the pain is probably due to technique. keep your hand steady, and take your time injecting the gear, and you'll be fine.

peace bb79

BIG LARR is offline New Member
    i think it is better if you lay on your side..like your going to get "spooned" ha ha and inject with the same hand left on left. I think the needle stays more stedy that way

Thread Information