resco is offline New Member

For a senior citizen, over 65, how much off time between cycles.

Hello,
    I am over 70 years old and have been doing some bodybuilding for over 15 years. Have been put on testoserone supplementation due to very low testosterone . Earlier this year, I started using test.cyp and deca . I am on my 3rd cycle. Last 2 cycles were 8-10 weeks long and I was off 4 weeks each time. I know, generally, off time should be equal to the on cycle time, but in view of my age, could I safely shorten the off cycle time to about 2 weeks. I do take Arimidex and some natural anti estrogens (DIM and Indole-3-carbinole) I am in excellent health, working every day, and really like the effects of the "gear". Would really appreciate any advice you might have for this "seasoned" bodybuilder.

Many thanks,

Resco

Resco
    its not recommended that you reduce your off cycle time as you body needs time to recuperate. if you still do reduce it, you will get addicted to AS very soon and you will not be able to survive without it. what you DO 2-3 weeks after your cycle is take clomid or even HCG (better and more expensive alternative) to hit the Leydig's cells in your Testes. IF you still want to rush the off time, you can dothis. rest for at least 4 - 6 weeks and in that time, eat super healthy diet and NO CHEATING WHATSOEVER with diet and train adequately, and also as you are old add HGH to your cycle. You of all should not have any problem with getting it.

Its good to know you are still in the game! Keep it up, but be careful

Good Luck

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Re: For a senior citizen, over 65, how much off time between cycles.

Originally posted by resco
    Hello,
    I am over 70 years old and have been doing some bodybuilding for over 15 years.

Well, I am not even sure any of us here are well qualified with this situation to be able to give a good answer. Frankly, at 70+ many would recommend continuous supplementation fo Test, since you rbody will produce very little naturally. so you could have cycles of increased amounts followed by periods of "maintenence" levels. You might also wish to look into GH since it is likely a Dr will give you a script for it then you can buy anywhere. one theing you want to watch for with test supplementation at that age is to take care of your prostate - it can enlarge it, and that can be a problem if you are cancer prone.

Otherwise - you are a role model fro that age

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say that you could probably stay on year around with your doctors approval but you don't want to stay on large dosages without giving a breather. Two weeks would not be enough time to give your body the break it needed. Run your low test for at least four weeks although I would prefer to see eight off between the Higher dose cycles.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by Sam_the_Ripper
    Resco
    its not recommended that you reduce your off cycle time as you body needs time to recuperate. if you still do reduce it, you will get addicted to AS very soon and you will not be able to survive without it. what you DO 2-3 weeks after your cycle is take clomid or even HCG (better and more expensive alternative) to hit the Leydig's cells in your Testes. IF you still want to rush the off time, you can dothis. rest for at least 4 - 6 weeks and in that time, eat super healthy diet and NO CHEATING WHATSOEVER with diet and train adequately, and also as you are old add HGH to your cycle. You of all should not have any problem with getting it.

Its good to know you are still in the game! Keep it up, but be careful

Good Luck
    I was under the impression that HCG should not be used post cycle, but only as a "kick-start" to your boys during a long cycle.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I like cycleon's advice... maybe you should PM TNT too.

resco is offline New Member
    Thanks for all the posts, especially Sam the Ripper's. I got very good advice from all. I am on human growth hormone at 10 i.u per week. I am aware of potential prostate problems with testosterone supplementation, but most articles I have read, indicate that most prostate cancer patients have LOW testosterone . By the way, I'm not old, just older. I wonder if I am the oldest on this forum. Thanks again for the advice.

Resco (older but not old)

McBain HCG is provided as a glycoprotein powder to be diluted with water, and acts in the body like LH, stimulating the testes to produce testosterone even when natural LH is not present or is deficient.
    Our testes stop making test after the cycle as it is physically supplementedso HCG or clomid helps bring back the natural test up. if used before or during the cycle it will act as a anti-estrogen agent.

and RESCO you are not OLD, you are ONE built gramps
    lol
    compare yourselves with other folks of your age, you should be proud of youselves as you are fit and your body IS still able to handle the AS

Thread Information