Thread: workout w/ girl

flex321 is offline Member

workout w/ girl

hey fellas, this doesnt relate to AS but i'll ask anyways. I talked to my girl about working out with me and she seems to be really interested in it. She told me to make her a routine and all, but I told her that she could just do the same routine as me. Is that correct would it be ok to just do the same workout?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    well, girls bodies do differ from guy's bodies. what kind of routine are you on ??? you've also got to realize that her goals are probably different than you're goals. she's wanting to tone up, lean out, while you're probably looking for more size and leaning out as well. you could take her in with you and show her some basic exercises (lunges, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises, etc.) for whatever she's looking to work on that day. set her up some sort of routine and take her to the gym with you. walk through most things with her.

THE BOUNCER is offline New Member
    just get her on some heavy squits, heavy bench presses, and heavy dead lifts. have her eat around 4500cals a day. oh, and no cardio. she should be up to 300lbs in no time!

she is looking to tone up like someone stated. My thoughts were that she could do all the basic movements like bench,shoulders,arms,back, legs as I do but just with not heavy weight and higher reps.

Penetrator is offline Junior Member
    Yes, u have different bodies, but I think she will benefit alot from working out with u. Toning? What the fu** is toning? Worthless! When u see girls in the gym they all have one thing in common.. They lift smallass weights.
    Ofcourse girls are not as strong as men in general, but they never get a real workout, unless they do cardio.
    The ones that understand what resistance training is all about look great. The others rely on diet to stay fit.

Let her ease of to a mild start learning the movements using strict form, then after a few weeks up the weight.

But don`t do the mistake of letting her spot u on the heavy lifts...
    Trust me...

so I can have her do the same movements as I do, but just with light weight high reps? she's going to start with me tonight so I wanna find out, thanks fellas.

alevok Guest
    I tried too, it did not work, women are way weak bro, they cant keep it up!

latman49 is offline Member
    I would say no for two reasons.....1) She may hinder your gains by bringing the intensity of your workouts down. If your workouts are high-intensity and kept at good pace, having to change the weights to accomodate her may throw your rythym off. 2) She will benifit more from a full body circuit-type routine if she is looking to tone. More cardio and full body routine 3 times a week will help her burn more calories and get that tight, yet feminine look. Take her to the gym with you and tailor your workouts to coincide with each other in the same time frame, but each do your own thing since you have different goals.

If you want to train together, though, the June 2002 issue of M&F has a good feature on couples training. It should give you some good tips on how to make it work. Try to get your hands on a copy if you can.
    Last edited by latman49; 07-23-2002 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks guys/girls. I'll probbly try to get that issue of M&F and see whats up. We worked out toghether yesterday and while we were lifting I tried to get her to undertand that she has to be serious and intense about it if she wants to work with me. She can't just take it cassualy. Also I see your point on the lowering my intensity greatly, I think that I tried to keep it intense but the weight difference and helping her with everything while going through the routine did lower my usual intensity on the weights. I want her to stick with it and I'm sure when she gets going at it, we will both enjoy doing it toghether.

Thanks everyone for all the inquiries.

Thread Information