Thread: Fat Loss

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member

Fat Loss

got a question for yall

ok, i've lost like 30 lbs since march (fatty college boy at the time)

i'm really starting to tighten up now but damned if my nipples don't wanna do it! it looks like gyno (hence my friends accused me of using AS, even though i haven't done a cycle yet) and when i do my cycle i don't want to get what is normal confused with what is gyno...sooooo

anything i can use to tighten that soft fatty tissue around my nips haha

i heard somthing about yohimburn or somthing, not sure what that is, any help peeps

thanks bros
    Delli

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes bro. Yohimburn should work good for ur problem. Im currently using it and i am satisfied with the results. I have very little body fat now so i may be seeing better results then someone with more? Some guys dont like it, some do.. The bb forum below is where the developer of it hangs out. Hes a really cool guy and will answer any questions u have.

http://www.yohimburn.com/
    http://www.fitnessboard.com/phpBB/vi...forum=5&247142

OG

nautica is offline Associate Member
    It can be gyno from puberty. But anyway, Yohimburn, capitrol, pgf2a, liquidex all work on estrogen related fat deposits.

Nautica

the puberty thing could be right now that it think about it

thanks bros

if it is just fatty tissue yohimburn should be very effective

if it is puffyness yohimburn MAY (more likely than not) be effective.

if it is puffyness and you find yohimburn to be inneffective you will need to use one of the prolactin suppressing drugs (selegine + hydergine or bromocriptine- though bromo is harsher)..

2 basic types of puffyness.. estrogen and prolactin based (there may also be progestin based which may respond to both yohimburn and prolactin suppression.. ie in those cases you may need both.. but this is not entirely clear)

inertia is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by macrophage69alpha
    if it is just fatty tissue yohimburn should be very effective

if it is puffyness yohimburn MAY (more likely than not) be effective.

if it is puffyness and you find yohimburn to be inneffective you will need to use one of the prolactin suppressing drugs (selegine + hydergine or bromocriptine- though bromo is harsher)..

2 basic types of puffyness.. estrogen and prolactin based (there may also be progestin based which may respond to both yohimburn and prolactin suppression.. ie in those cases you may need both.. but this is not entirely clear)
    in this case what areas would be most effective for yohimburn micro.is it as effective for burning fat or general puffiness?---thx inertia

inertia,

it will help with both.. with respect to puffyness the results are just less certain (the cause of puffyness is not always estrogenic..)

it is often hard to tell if puffy nips will respond until you try one or the other methods.. for just chest fat.. yohimburn is effective.

Originally posted by macrophage69alpha
    inertia,

it will help with both.. with respect to puffyness the results are just less certain (the cause of puffyness is not always estrogenic..)

it is often hard to tell if puffy nips will respond until you try one or the other methods.. for just chest fat.. yohimburn is effective.
    Hey inertia bro, I totally agree with macrophage69alpha that yohimburn could be effective for ur problem. Id also add atleast 2000mgs of ALA and im willing to bet u'll see good results. I did!

OG

datboychris is offline New Member
    Im in a simular situation no matter what i do i cant rid my self of fatty deposits around the nipple area and also lower back and love handles. Ive lost alot of fat in other places but the amount of fat lost in these areas is of a much less proportion. My question is what will the ALA do to help the process ... I thought it was for protection agianst liver toxicity?

Thanks
    -Chris

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    I remember first joining AR and reading a guy post how he had the same problem and he started taking femara (letrozole ) at 2.5mg/ED for a period of 3 months (not sure about the time period??) but he stated that his skin basically got tighter and his estrogen fat deposits went away!

I'll look to find the link.........

AZ

Hey bro, this is Big Cats profile on ALA. Really good info that will answer ur questions about ALA...

OG

This is part 2 of 2. Click HERE for part one.

Before we get into ALA, let's take a look at what happens to food when it enters the body.

A normal meal:

Food is consumed.
    This food is converted into glucose for energy.
    Insulin is released by the pancreas to shuttle the glucose into muscle and fat cells (assuming liver glycogen levels are full). Once the muscle cells are full, all excess glucose is shuttled to fat cells.
    Now let's look at a meal taken with ALA:

Food is consumed.
    This food is converted into glucose for energy.
    Insulin is released by the pancreas to shuttle the glucose into muscle and fat cells. Once the muscle cells are full, all excess glucose is shuttled to fat cells.
    Now this is where ALA comes into play. In order for glucose to be carried into cells, it must be attached to insulin. ALA is shown to have an insulin mimicking effect. So then more glucose would be shuttled to fat cells because the muscle cells are full, right? Wrong! Studies show that ALA increases Glut-4 transporters on the outside of muscle cells. This means more glucose can be shuttled into muscle cells and away from fat cells. Studies show that the amount of glucose shuttled to your muscles can increase from 50-60%. For those who are not that good in math: This means if you ate 100 carbs and originally without ALA, 40 grams of glucose went to your muscles cells and the rest, 60 grams, went to fat cells. Now, by supplementing with ALA, you have the power to send 60 grams of glucose and only 40 to fat cells. That is a big difference! How you ask.

Insulin Effect

ALA has an insulin like effect. It does not take the place of insulin, only mimics it. (To learn about insulin and its effects you can read my Insulin article). ALA has been shown to increase glucose uptake by mimicking insulin and shuttling it to Glut-4 receptors as mentioned above. Because ALA has increased the number of Glut-4 receptors on the outside of the muscle, more glucose can be absorbed.

Effects of Increased Glucose Uptake

This increase of glucose does many positive things. These include:

Increased pump
    Less fat accumulation
    Increases Amino Acid transport
    Increases creatine
    Increased insulin sensitivity
    Increased Pump

The increased pump is due to the increase in glucose uptake. Not only does this feel great, but it also contributes to muscle growth. By increasing the muscle cells volume, but nutrients are able to be shuttled to the muscle. Hence increased muscle growth.

Less Fat Accumulation

Again, due to the increase in glucose uptake by muscles cells, less glucose is stored as fat. ALA also lowers one's blood sugar levels, creating a more suitable atmosphere for fat burning.

Increased Amino Acid and Creatine Uptake

This comes back to the increased pump. Because the muscle cells are in an enlarged state, more amino acids and creatine can reach them. Insulin increases amino acid and creatine uptake. Remember, ALA mimics insulin, which means it also increases amino acid and creatine uptake. There are a ton of creatine products on the market that are loaded with sugar. This is because sugar causes an insulin spike, which carries the creatine to muscle cells. The problem with this is an excess amount of sugar with cause you to gain fat. By supplementing with ALA you can carry more creatine to muscle cells without swallowing 75+ grams of sugar. I still recommend taking a simple sugary carb after your workout, but ALA can increase creatine uptake while you take a lower amount of sugar. This is very important for those who are cutting. They can get the same effects post workout without having to worry about storing excess carbs as fat.

Increased Insulin Sensitivity

This is great news for bodybuilders! When I go on a bulking cycle. I find that about after two months, my gains slow drastically. One way to combat this is to go on a brief cutting cycle to and your insulin sensitivity rebuild. Supplementing with ALA could allow you to add more mass as a result of your insulin sensitivity not reducing.

Results During Cutting vs. Bulking

Results will differ depends on your diet. If you are bulking, you can expect to less fat and more muscle gain because of ALA nutrient partitioning effect.

Results from cutting are increased fat loss and a muscle sparing effect. Because your muscles are storing more glucose, your muscles will not become as depleted as they usually do when cutting. This helps you look full and not flat.

Dosage (per day)

200-600 mg will increase insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose levels. Lower than 200 mg won't give you noticeable effects, except for ALA antioxidant properties. 600 mg-1200 mg will give you an increase in #1 1200-2000 will give you an increase in #1 and more noticeable fat loss. 3000 mg is "said" (Not a fact, just what has worked best for ALA users) to be the ideal dose to assist in massive fat loss, increase in insulin sensitivity, and increasing glucose.

I got these doses from experienced ALA users and other information I've read. They are a general ranges. It is best to divide you dosages up throughout the day. For example, if you are taking 1000 mg a day. You could take:

300 mg with breakfast
    200 mg with a carb meal
    300 mg post workout
    200 mg with last meal
    Buying ALA
    When buying ALA, you have to be careful. ALA is very unstable and rapidly degrades when exposed to the outside atmosphere. Some people think that as long as it is not exposed to atmospheric conditions for extended periods of time, it will be fine. But even a brief period of time can cause massive degeneration of the product. That is why it is not wise to buy ALA in powder form. It is most likely useless. An especially big no-no is buying creatine products with ALA already in them. The only thing you are paying for is the creatine, because there isn't any ALA in those tubs. The solution, buy ALA in capsules! Most companies are very careful when capping their ALA. AST, for example, uses ALA that is vacuum packed in UV protected plastic. Therefore, I do not recommend buying ALA from no name companies. I'm not saying their ALA is not quality ALA, but it's your money and I know I'd rather play it safe.

Well there is what ALA can do for you. In my next article, we will look at different tests and scientific data that backs up what is stated above.

Originally posted by AZlifter
    I remember first joining AR and reading a guy post how he had the same problem and he started taking femara (letrozole ) at 2.5mg/ED for a period of 3 months (not sure about the time period??) but he stated that his skin basically got tighter and his estrogen fat deposits went away!

I'll look to find the link.........

AZ
    for people with milder (more recent E related problems) this is a good option.. but for longer existing fatty pockets (while the E reduction will help) a2 blocking is essential to getting rapid results (over long period of time you could probably get the same results though their might be some very negative blood panels from heavy E suppression)

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    though their might be some very negative blood panels from heavy E suppression
    can u explain this a little more macro? what are the negatives of heavy estrogen suppresion I guess I am asking ?

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    well my personal experience.. i used yohimburn and arimidex at 1mg Ed and that was all at the time and the fat went away now that i have been buling and gaining more fat the are around my chest is back again so i am not sure if there is a permanent solution excepot to stay lean.

Originally posted by The Original Jason

can u explain this a little more macro? what are the negatives of heavy estrogen suppresion I guess I am asking ?
    maily on blood lipid profiles.. there are some ways to overcome this.. will post something more extensive when I have time

Originally posted by saint808
    well my personal experience.. i used yohimburn and arimidex at 1mg Ed and that was all at the time and the fat went away now that i have been buling and gaining more fat the are around my chest is back again so i am not sure if there is a permanent solution excepot to stay lean.
    when bulking you may need higher doses of arimidex for the chest fat accumulation.. levels of aromatase are much higher there locally..

it may also be that you need longer suppression of A2 and estrogen to get to the environment suitable for your bulking..

also may need to avoid aromatics (or use them less frequently)

give details of bulking to get a better picture

THOUGH very GOOD news about the handles

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    higer than 1mg ED, trying femara at 2.5 mg per day now... test fina eq shouldn't be that bad

jesus i just stumbled upon my old post and saw it had a bunch of responces, good read bros

I got yohimburn, been doing it 2 times a day for about a week. I have no clue how much to use per area so i just squirt it on where i'm fat and rub that shizzle in. If i'm doin this wrong tell me. I may just keep the rest of the bottle and do it while i do my cut cycle.

Magnum357 is offline Junior Member
    so how has the yohimburn been working??? losing any body fat???

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    follow the directions off of www.yohimburn.com and you should be fine. the website basically tells you how much to apply.

How much should I apply?

This really varies a lot. People's response and tolerance to Yohimbine varies. Generally, most people use between 3/4 and 1 full pipette per application. This equates to roughly 60-80mg. However, when beginning your treatment with Yohimburn you should start with a quarter pipette per application and work you way up to a comfortable dose. If you start to notice side effects; which include headache, chills, or excessive tiredness... you are taking too much. Most people don't experience these effects until well over 1 pipette. Some people can apply two or three pipettes without any side effects. These are just general guidelines, you must decide what is too much or too little for you.

http://www.yohimburn.com/faq.htm

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem. I used to be 260 lbs about 3 years ago. I lost my weight rapidly, going to 180 within a few months, leaving me with stretch marks. When I started working out at about that time I have managed to cut myself to a certain extent. The only parts of my body that have fat are my stomach/gut and my chest. I have the exact same problem with the fat problems on my chest. They just don't seem to want to burn off like the rest of the fat.

Originally posted by RobNAUTICA
    jesus i just stumbled upon my old post and saw it had a bunch of responces, good read bros

I got yohimburn, been doing it 2 times a day for about a week. I have no clue how much to use per area so i just squirt it on where i'm fat and rub that shizzle in. If i'm doin this wrong tell me. I may just keep the rest of the bottle and do it while i do my cut cycle.
    most people use the 5on/2off pattern.. but if you are suing twice a day you should definitely be in the cutting phase.. light use during bulkinf to help with fat deposition can be beneficial.. but any kind of heavy use should be during cutting with definite caloric deficit..

so you may want to save it for cutting..

what areas of application exactly?

Thread Information