4plates is offline Banned

working out on STEROIDS

anyone see the article im muscle mag on how to put 1 inch on arms.
    well heres a breakdown on it.
    they are saying to do 4 sets of each,hammer curls,preacher curls,seated dumbell curls,straitbar,pulldown cable for tris,rope for tris,v-bar,forarm curls,etc... they suggest doing these all 3 days a wk.mon,wen,fri.
    ive been only working my arm(all of those) one day a wk.
    is there any bearing on what the article says or is it too much.
    please dont move this to the work out section,no-one posts there,and i know this is where the smart guys hang!
    plus i put STEROIDS in the subject line

G-S Guest
    Personally, I feel that is WAY too much. I have found that lowering my training volumn has increased me size. I usually do 16-20 sets per body part per week. I have since cut that back to 12-15, and have gotten better results.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    The only thing i'd add is different types of exercises affect everyone differently. The trick (for everyone) is to constantly shock the muscles. For me once a week does just fine, when i'm on twice a week. But never more. For others its different. More or less its a trial and error thing, till you find out what works best

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That is way to much in my opinion. Talk about overtraining. Unless you are a genetic superfreak like Arnold and can do volume training I wouldn't touch that workout. I get best results for mass on arms with one day a week.

solid-d is offline Member
    yea for adding one inch on the arms, it may work but only cause your arms are soooo god damn overtrained, they are swollon out of porpotion. Not a good way to build a solid foundation. Also suppized there wasnt anything about a tri workout to get the arms 1" bigger..FOOLISH

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    it will work since you haven't been doing it up to this point. I'd do it, then go back to what you normally do... I think you will shock them and get growth. I would definitely apply this while "on." good luck plates.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    IMO it's too much. However, not everyone is the same. I train each bodypart 3X every 2 weeks; and some 1 a week guys will say that's too much. If you try it out just beware of exhaustion symptoms, b/c then you'll know if it's too much for you.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I thought the rule of thumb, was you need to gain 10 pounds of LBM to add one inch to your arms. I think it would be a good shock to the muscles, but I wouldn't do it for more 2 weeks, maybe 3.

JohnnyB

Man-at-Arms is offline New Member
    4 Plates, dont listen to anyone on this. If you are up to it go for it. I did it in the summer of 2000 and it totally worked. I dont know if it was the same workout but it was in the March/April issue of PUMP no. 107. It consisted of bi/tri (push/pull) supersets with the same exercises. 10 arm workouts in 30 days!
    Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
    Week #1 low reps low reps
    Week #2 mod reps low reps high reps
    Week #3 low reps low reps
    Week #4 High reps low reps mod reps

My arms got extremely hard, large, and very strong. It taxes your body though. I did it on nothing but ripped fuel and protein. If you are an endomorph you will get huge. If not I probably would stay away from it. I am no genetic freak, it worked for both my workout partner and me. Capped off with 90lbs dumbel curls (8 reps each) and 185 on straight bar for 8 reps. It was like you are 15 and working out for the first time with this new type of soreness. I could not touch that weight without that type of overtraining. I may feel different than rest but everyone is different and my body grows and looks the best with mad overtraining. Before this I worked out for about 5 years with slow gains in both growth and strength on my arms. I cannot even imagine how sweet this workout would be on AS. Also you will need a ton of sleep and total dedication for a whole month.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I did that same workout and gain half an inch.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Three days a week is incredible. However, i can see it as a shcok routine but it is def too much IMO.

Twice a week at that routine would be suffecient
    My arms only grow with low reps, heavy weight. Everybody is different though.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Take 2 weeks off from bicep training, then go balls to the wall on Day 15...your freakin bi's will be pumped from rep 3 on thru out your workout and they WILL be sore like 5 days. I just did this, didnt even use heavy weight when I came back...but shit...lovin the soreness. Soreness just went away today..(Tuesday) . Worked biceps last Thurs. Weren't that sore on friday, saturday it was killer, sunday i couldnt even flex them, monday it just hurt when i flexed them, and now tuesday...they are back to their veiny selves.

Thread Information