mattg78 is offline Junior Member

My hands get numb???

I'm on a test only cycle of enanthate at 500mgs a wk. It's already my six week, I had excellent gains so far (37lbs...153 to 190). Anyway, lately (and often) I have been getting numb hands all the time. While I'm sleeping, driving....etc. What could this be from? My guess is that the water rention in my hands is causing my hands to go numb? What do ya'll think??? Thanks!

goldstone_77 is offline Junior Member
    Not sure, and damn that is a lot of weight you gained by week 6!!! WOW!!! It may be from the drastic weight gain, and water retention. Are you taking arimidex or any anti-estrogens?

No armidex and only a low 5mg of nolvadex because I started to develop a little pain the the nips. But its working, no more pain. Anybody else have any suggestions???

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you doing HGh? Otherwise I would guess possibly the extreme water weight gain is causing blood flow restriction in some of your extremities.

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    stretch! The muscle spindles with the strech reflex have tightend up, chances are its your pecs. Hows the strength differance between your push and pull? I say this because there may be some visoconstriction cutting off small circulation to your hands in a relaxed state. So stretch
    and hold to a slight discomfort atleast 1 min a day.This will help.

-anabolicmyo

I'm not taking any hgh. I don't stretch ethier. Maybe that is the problem. But I do not have serious water bloat. The only places that I have some water bloat is in my hands and cheeks. Everything else is still ripped. So what muscles do I need to stretch (my hands, or my whole body). Thanks for the help and as I type here, I'm getting numb hands again. Thanks ya'll!

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    my shoulders always go numb when im sleeping on cycle I got used to it now still really dont know what its about cos i dont get any water retention there, also I get numb hands often I am pretty sure it will go away when u stop. Saying that numbness is usually caused through bad circulation so I would wonder what any medical people got to say about it??

peace

I'm not scared that something bad will happen by the numbness, just curious because it seems odd and I never heard anything of it. The water retention in my body, like I said before, is low (I guess, maybe I don't know what somebody who does have it bad looks like?). I still have a ripped body, just my muscles are becomeing a lot more thick. I have plently of veins showing all down my arms still. Don't know if I have it bad or not, I'll just try the stretching because I need to do it anyway. All that I can see so far is that my face is becoming a little bloated and my hands feel a little swolen. Not much other than that. Thanks!

bonker is offline Associate Member
    Matt I am sorry to burst your bubble but if you gained 37lbs in 6 weeks alot of it is water.Muscles take time to mature.Water weight doesnt make you look fat it makes your muscles puffy.I always get that numbness on cycle.I think its because your newly aquired size is constricting blood flow.

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    37lbs in 6 weeks is amazing. i only gained 18lbs on my cycle. but it was lean mass i gained. 37lbs is probably alot of water but you're doing excellent dude. keep it up

pump man is offline Junior Member
    wow !!! thas huge gains bro keep going man ,i only gained 14 in my hole cycle keep it up bro!!!!!!!!!!o yea! my sholder's go num every night i just don't worry about ti.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna try to hit 200lbs by the end of my cycle, but it's gonna be hard. My gains are starting to slow down now (at 190), but I will probably up my calorie intake to 4500, and protein to 280g, carbs to 350g. Thanks for the help and I couldn't of done it without ya'll!

P.S. I did some stretching today and It seemed to help my hands. Thanks!

Lush is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by The Original Jason
    my shoulders always go numb when im sleeping on cycle I got used to it now still really dont know what its about cos i dont get any water retention there, also I get numb hands often I am pretty sure it will go away when u stop. Saying that numbness is usually caused through bad circulation so I would wonder what any medical people got to say about it??

peace
    Me too. it's sounds weird but when I'm on a cycle my arms go to sleep all the time while sleeping. Fucked if I know why. My guess so far is water retention or incresed vascularity

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    During my test-only cycle, my left arm and both hands would go numb. It's related to the elevated blood pressure. Keep your sodium levels down and do cardio.

Get your blood pressure checked during a routine physical soon and regularly. This is not to scare you, but to warn you. A person in my office died of a heart attack at 33 years old. He was open about his steroid use .

The numbness prompted me to get my bp checked. My bp had always been on the low side until I began using the test. It went up to the high side, now I'm lowering it and keeping it under control.

Best of luck, mattg78. Good gains on your cycle--good job!

Thread Information