Bigk is offline Junior Member

Arrow Real Reasons for Not juicing early?

I'm 19, and been advised many of times to wait and start juicing. I've never heard the logic behind it. Are "you guys" just trying to prevent steriod abuse or steriod use in genearl?? I've been training since i was late 13 early 14, and thats more time alot of the guys who start juicing. I have been around, know my stuff about injectable, esters, orals, anti-e's, training, know nutrition facts (going to college to become a chemist or nutritionist havn't decieded), know about liver damage and everything. I know my test levels are decently high, but I'm past purberty, and I havn't grown (heigth) since I was 16. I'm just tired of people saying "don't do it you're too young" and not posing a least some cretible reasoning. Any inputs are welcome please... well with the exception of "you're too young" (know at least one smart a*s is gonna say it)

btw.. I'm 20 shortly and 100% plan on juicing safely, but i have alot of younger friends with knowledge like me, looking to juice. I want to be able to tell them something besides "you're too young"

I started nat training at 135... with puberty and hard a*s training, i'm now 198 at 10% (i think, I can see my obliques pretty decently and was tested at 12.3% 6 months ago) gaining lean muscle mass has been a huge problem since about 6 months ago. I even raised my caloric intake a substantial amount.

I felt like I was mature enough to handle gear at 18, but obvioulsy nobody else did.

BOB HAD BITCH TITS is offline Associate Member
    Go for it, people say don't do it till your older because it could stunt growth, it could caus heart problems, liver and so on but no one really knows. I started my first cycle when I was 17 I'm fine, I tolled someone that and they said, "oh you must be hung like a hamster and be real short" not true at all I'm six feet tall and have a 8.5 inch dick so f**k them and go for it. I'm 19 now. Good luck

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You still have so much you can do naturally. Your muscles are still maturing. Your natural test levels are as high as they will ever be. I doubt seriously you have hit your genetic potential. I think most feel at this age you are really looking to get big quickly without doing the working out that is necessary to build a solid base (this is a generalization I obviously don't know your workout and this is not a knock on you in anyway). I know I started at twenty and spent a lot of my time thinking about getting gear, how to do gear, and what dosages would give me the biggest gains on my next cycle. It took me years to realize that I wasn't really lifting correctly, that I was relying on AAS to give me size and strength, and that I was not making my diet the priority that it should be. I feel now that if I had waited until I was twenty five I would have built a much better base and instead of being stuck at 245 I might be closer to 270 or 280. Those are the reasons I think nineteen is too young but medically I don't think you will experience any short term problems.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    You still have so much you can do naturally. Your muscles are still maturing. Your natural test levels are as high as they will ever be. I doubt seriously you have hit your genetic potential. I think most feel at this age you are really looking to get big quickly without doing the working out that is necessary to build a solid base (this is a generalization I obviously don't know your workout and this is not a knock on you in anyway). I know I started at twenty and spent a lot of my time thinking about getting gear, how to do gear, and what dosages would give me the biggest gains on my next cycle. It took me years to realize that I wasn't really lifting correctly, that I was relying on AAS to give me size and strength, and that I was not making my diet the priority that it should be. I feel now that if I had waited until I was twenty five I would have built a much better base and instead of being stuck at 245 I might be closer to 270 or 280. Those are the reasons I think nineteen is too young but medically I don't think you will experience any short term problems.
    Nice answer!

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by BOB HAD BITCH TITS
    Go for it, people say don't do it till your older because it could stunt growth, it could caus heart problems, liver and so on but no one really knows. I started my first cycle when I was 17 I'm fine, I tolled someone that and they said, "oh you must be hung like a hamster and be real short" not true at all I'm six feet tall and have a 8.5 inch dick so f**k them and go for it. I'm 19 now. Good luck
    Attitude...it comes down to attitude.

Just because you didn't have any problems, doesn't mean the next person won't. I hope when you get advice here on the board you don't just blow it off and say "fuck them"...it shows maturity to take critism but true maturity to take critism and know when you might be wrong.

BTW I myself don't really care how big your dick is, but thanks

McBain is offline Member
    I think I have something to add to the reason as well. When you are young it is hard to imagine being older, having a family and responsibility. Regardless of how mature you are, it's just very rare to find a teen who can really look ahead and imagine his life 10 years down the road. Most teens are thinking "I'm going to take AAS to get big and impress people at parties and I don't care if I have liver problems 20 years from now."

When you get a bit older (not that I am really old by any means I'm only 20 1/2 lol) you can look to the future and _really_ understand the consequences AAS can have on your life if shit goes wrong. Maybe it won't but you have to be ready to accept the worst and if you can accept it and you think it's worth it then go for it. I just have found talking to younger people (and even people my age and a bit older) they have trouble looking into the future and real living.....not just college parties or high school parties. Maybe it's because I've never lived on a college campus that has given me this perspective and that I was a working stiff for a semester before I went to college, but that's why I feel that most should wait until they are older. That's my 2 cents.

pump man is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by McBain
    I think I have something to add to the reason as well. When you are young it is hard to imagine being older, having a family and responsibility. Regardless of how mature you are, it's just very rare to find a teen who can really look ahead and imagine his life 10 years down the road. Most teens are thinking "I'm going to take AAS to get big and impress people at parties and I don't care if I have liver problems 20 years from now."

When you get a bit older (not that I am really old by any means I'm only 20 1/2 lol) you can look to the future and _really_ understand the consequences AAS can have on your life if shit goes wrong. Maybe it won't but you have to be ready to accept the worst and if you can accept it and you think it's worth it then go for it. I just have found talking to younger people (and even people my age and a bit older) they have trouble looking into the future and real living.....not just college parties or high school parties. Maybe it's because I've never lived on a college campus that has given me this perspective and that I was a working stiff for a semester before I went to college, but that's why I feel that most should wait until they are older. That's my 2 cents.
    great 2 cents bro!

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by BOB HAD BITCH TITS
    You started AS when you were 17 and now, at 19, your fine. So you have made it to the ripe old age of 19 with no problems. Great job. I think this is typical attitude of younger males. They cannot see their life when they are 40 or 50. And they do not care if their actions now cause them problems later on. Yes, this is big generalization but I do think it is true.

As for you bigk, I would not group you into this category. You seem to have some working knowledge of anabolics and are trying to do things the right way. I would agree with Rickson. I have difficulty believing that you are at your genetic potential. If start to early you may only be able to reach 240lbs. But if you wait and build a better base naturally you may be able to hit 270lbs.

Ultimately the decision is yours. Good luck.

I wonder what the average time here people worked out before they started juicing?? I can guarentee it's not over 6 years.

Rickson brought up good physical points about muscle maturity, thanks. Most of those generalizations are true to somewhat of an extent, I believe almost all of them can be overcome. Being mentally prepared for the future is something as well

Now me myself, I know i'm not gonna be a professional body builder, I just don't have the genetic protential. I don't even know why I want to juice, i guess just an easy way to get big is the reason. Be intimidating, get girls (know you're supposed to get them with personality) show off at the beach, gain respect putting up weight at the gym. Now that I think about it, these are horrible reasons to do steriods and i'm sure I shouldn't be doing them with that mindset. I will say this, I love going to the gym, and giving it my all everyday, and coming home and looking in the mirror and seeing improvements thats what I live for. So when I stop seeing improvements, is that the time to start steriods?

What about you guys, What is your reasoning for doing steriods if you are never gonna compete, or even bodybuild semi-professionally?

cnyce&9 is offline New Member
    reaons not to juice TOO EARLY?

because youll end up like me...4'5" BUT..i weight 200 lbs...

I started too early...you think? I dont think i was finished grown taller

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    I train because I enjoy it. I like going to the gym and seeing the improvements I can make. I am at the point now where I am only interested in impressing myself.

You probably want to juice because you know it will bring improvements. I think that is what drives most of use. I love the feeling of being stronger from workout to workout. Or being a little heavier each week. Or a little leaner each week. It is those improvements that drive us. And when they stop or do not come as quickly it takes away some of our drive.

I trained for 10 years before I did any AS. And I still wasn't ready. Didn't do enough research before I did the cycle. I was not smart.

I'm 6'1'' btw, so I'm not concerned about that.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Well I'm going to have to go against most of what people said here and say that I believe that there is no reason you should not juice. You have obviously given it much thaught, research, you are aware of the potential side effects, how you can prevent those sides, you know diet is key, trainig is obviously a part of your lifestyle, and you feel that you are ready. To me these reasons qualify to be more then sufficient for reasons why one should take steroids .

psychopath is offline Junior Member
    This may be a stupid question, so im welcoming flames with open arms, but one thing that i have never understood since i joined this board was the difference between a younger athlete and an older one taking steroids . I totally understand the fact that the body has not finished maturing, that u will never reach your full potential by starting too soon which can jeopardize future gains, and that a younger athlete may not be mentally ready to take on a task as large as steroids in that their diet, training and knowledge are nowhere close to where they should be. Now taking into consideration someone like Bigk, or anyone 18 or older for that matter who def. seems to have a good foundation, good head on their shoulders, a true knowledge of everything affiliated with steroids (compounds, anti e's, sides etc.) and the desire to give it their all, why is it still consistently bad for them to start moreso than someone older. Do the potential sides risks actually increase due to age? I obviously want to have children and do look into the future, but i will admit i do also want to see results quicker. However i do it for myself, and not for anyone else. I work out because i love it, it makes me whole and balanced. I get depressed when i dont give my 100% or eat every 3 hours, or have that order of fries. This is for me and only me. What makes it so taboo at a younger age than older? This is not intended to stir up a debate or tick anyone off, just trying to raise a point coming from another younger athlete with the same mindset as Bigk whod also like to be given some honest answers. Thanx

Psycho

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think people are looking for a concrete reason and I don't think there is one. Much like when your parents tell you not to do something they did it is simply because we have been there and looking back we probably would have done things differently. I can't say that I even have different reasons for doing them then you do. I want to be bigger, more intimidating, to look good at the beach, and to turn womens heads. I just know that when I was your age I thought I knew everything about lifting and nutrition and to be honest I never even imagined what I would be doing in my thirty's. Now admittedly I didn't have access to the wealth of knowledge that you do so God knows I did some stupid things and gave others really bad advice. You are nineteen and old enough to make your own decisions and I will help you regardless of those decisions. I only say if you are still doing this in your thirty's and a nineteen year old ask this question that you remember this post. I bet you tell him to wait.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    It doesnt matter what we say anyways cause your going to do what you want to do.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Obviously the responses are gonna say that you are way too young to be juicing. This guys are just looking out for your own safety and health. However, everybodies experience is gonna tell you atht if you have your mind made up to start gear, you are gonna start despite what people say. We all have are reasons. I myself wish i could have had the patience to wait until i was older. Not because of the fact that i have a horror story to share with you but just because i do beleive that it will only benefit you if you wait longer. However, i was caught by the bug just like you are. The best advice i can give you from someone that is just starting out like you is too make sure you do all your researhc first. Do not fall into the thought that the more the merrier or become a bigaholick. Do it smart and though out. make sure you have all your gear first before you start. And do not start until you have taken all the neccessary precautions. Just my 2 cents!

POSH is offline Member
    I just finished talking to one of my younger friends from the gym. He is 17 and has been on juice for over a year, WITH NO BREAKS. You sound smarter than him but don't become a "juiceoholic" or whatever was said in a post above. If you do indeed start smart, stay smart. I am older than you and still find myself having to limit myself for safety and health. Check out N80's thread from a couple days ago.
    good luck

POSH

Thread Information