billyg68 is offline Junior Member

nolvadex while on test

does taking nolvadex in conjuction with a test cycle hinder strength gains?

sd11 is offline Banned
    In a way yes, it will affect your water retention.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Many people swear that taking any anti-e hinders gains. So most opt to just have the nolvadex on hand incase signs of gyno arise.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, IMO it doesnt. And i always recommend running Nolv throughout any cycle. Id rather be safe then gyno sorry.

OG

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    It is thought (and I can give you the research articles prn) that anti-estrogens, to some degree suppress IGF-1 and GH levels. We do need some amount of estrogen. Estrogen also has a profound effect on the AR receptor, ie. estrogens cause an increase in binding of androgens to the AR receptor, maybe due to increased synthesis of AR, or decreased degradation of AR. So this may still seem to be a gray area. We know we need some amount of estrogens, but the key is knowing exactly how much. So by decreasing estrogen too much, you may see afformentioned effects, but on the other hand you don't want too much estrogen either. It is very individualized (every person is different). You will always have people saying yes and no. So finding what is right for you is probably going to be a trial and error process, because what works for A may not work for B. This is why you will see alot of people saying only to use the anti-e's/SERM's if you become afflicted with bothersome side effects of too much estrogen. You do not want to inhibit estrogen completely while on cycle. When off cycle and estrogen/cortisol are predominant hormones, than this is a different story.

billyg68 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! I believe I'm proned to gyno, that's why I asked.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    If you are sure you are proned..then you should be running nolvadex at 20mg/ED min. This should stop any gyno...however if you are taking large amounts of aromatising AAS' then you might even need a higher dose..but in general 20mg/ED will do just fine

Thread Information