McBain is offline Member

FUCK I'm sore from these test prop shots, think I got an idea to help though

Anyone ever experiment with icing a shot immediately after? I figure increased blood flow to area might ease the soreness, I was just worried that I might not get the same site injection benefits though if I iced. Any opinions?

Oh also, I've been considering shooting in my pecs because they are my weakest part. Anyone experience with shooting pecs? I've read how to do them and I know where and all that bullshit but just wanted to hear from people who've tried it before. Any dangers I should be aware of or tips you have? Thanks, McBain

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    Just curious bro, what kind of prop are you shooting?

McBain is offline Member
    Viromone. Any opinions about what I posted above?

dudsy is offline Junior Member
    mcbain, ive never had any trouble with prop b4 but stanazol is another story, i always icepak injection site imediately after while using this stuff, i found that the first shot in a given site, say delts was ridiculiously painful for 1-3 days after whether i'd iced it or not but with each subsiquient shot the pain got less and less. so i think the jury is still out on whether icing helps for pain relief. the only way to know for sure is to try it yourself. By the way icing the area actaully reduces as opposed to increasing blood flow to the area

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah that was another one of my questions, whether or not the pain from injections would get worse or better.

Throwing ice on it does increase bloodflow to the area though. To compensate for the drop in temperate in that specific area that is being iced blood (which is warm) rushes to the site to try to attain a body temp homeostasis (generally 98.8 degree F). Hence why icing is a great way to speed up recovery time with ligament or tendon injuries as ligaments and tendons have very limited blood supply, and blood supplies the ligaments and tendons with the neccessary means to repair themselves. Since the bloodflow is generally very limited to the ligaments and tendons they take a while to heal, but by icing the area you increase blood flow to the area and hence speed up the recovery time.

I think I may actually be going too deep on my injections I'm not huge, but I've got a good base. I've been shooting 25g 1" in my tri's and delts so far. With the delts I got almost all the way in (pain isn't too bad, it's bearable) and tri's I also go almost all the way in (pain is excrutiating, this is 2 days after tri injection and I have awful cramps in my tri's and they are REALLY tight, I'm worried something might sproing). I'm thinking going 1/2" into tri's will be enough as I have little bodyfat, and I store little bodyfat around my tri's anyways.
    Last edited by McBain; 07-30-2002 at 12:12 AM.

undecided is offline New Member
    When one gets cold the body reacts by increasing blood flow to internal organs as they are the most important thats some of why your extremities get frostbite and such. I don't know if this applies if its just one spot on the body though.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I am uner the impression that ice, or cold in general constricts the blood vessels resulting in less blood flow. Heat dilates the blood vessels. I thought that is why it is less painful. However, i really dont know what i am talking about.

I would imagine that icing the injection site would result in less imediate pain from the injection. I dont know how it would effect long term pain. Maybe applying ice over a period of time or when pain is at the worst would be the answer using the same routine that you would say with a sprain.

Yeah, long winded I know.

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    break up the shots 1/2 in one site 1/2 i the other.

Lewd

Thread Information