Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MindBomb is offline Member

Few words about current federal law on steroids.

Something interesting stuff I found on the curret law. I hope all the bros get caught up on what could happen. Please be safe and stay educated.

The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 became law on November 29, 1990, when President Bush signed the Omnibus Crime Control Bill. The law applies in every Federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class - Schedule III -- as amphetamines, methamphetamines, opium and morphine. Simple possession of any Schedule III substance is a federal offense punishable by up to one year in prison and/or a minimum fine of $1,000. Simple possession by a person with a previous conviction for certain offenses, including any drug or narcotic crimes, must get imprisonment of at least 15 days and up to two years, and a minimum fine of $2,500. Individuals with two or more such previous convictions face imprisonment of not less than 90 days but not more than three years, and a minimum fine of $5,000, just for simply possessing. Selling steroids, or possessing them with intent to sell, is a federal felony. An individual who sells steroids, or possesses with intent to sell, is punishable by up to five years in prison (with at least two additional years of supervised release) and/or a $250,000 fine. An individual who commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a drug offense faces up to ten years imprisonment (with at least four additional years of special parole) and/or increased fines. The relevant sections of Title 21 of the U.S. Code are as follows: 21 U.S.C. 801 (authorizes restrictions on controlled substances); 21 U.S.C. 802(41)(A) (defines "anabolic steroids " as any drug or hormonal substance, chemically and pharmacologically related to testosterone that promotes muscle growth, and includes boldenone , chlorotestosterone, clostebol, dehydrochlormethyltestosterone, dihydrotestosterone, drostanolone, ethylestrenol, fluoxymesterone, formobulone, mesterolone, methandranone, methandriol, methandrostenolone , methenolone, methyltestosterone , mibolerone , nandrolone , norethandrolone, oxandrolone, oxymesterone, oxymetholone, stanolone, stanozolol , testolactone, testosterone, trenbolone , and any muscle growth promoting salt, ester or isomer of a drug or substance described or listed above); 21 U.S.C. 811 (criteria for classification of controlled substances); 21 U.S.C. 812(c) (lists anabolic steroids as a Schedule III controlled substances); 21 U.S.C. 841(b)(1)(D) (penalties for sale and possession with intent to sell anabolic steroids); and 21 U.S.C. 844 (penalties for simple possession of anabolic steroids).

Between February 1991 and February 1995, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) initiated 355 anabolic steroid investigations resulting in over 400 arrests and over 200 convictions. C.E. Yesalis and V.S. Cowart, The Steroids Game (Champaign, IL; Human Kinetics, 1998), at 107. While the majority of defendants receiving significant federal prison time were traffickers (one Miami gym owner got eight years in prison), anyone arrested for even simple possession faces the prospect of a criminal prosecution, with its potential lifelong stigma, adverse effects on future employment, etc.

The Anabolic Steroids Control Act can be enforced and violations prosecuted in every state. The primary federal law enforcement agencies dealing with anabolics include the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), U.S. Postal Inspectors and U.S. Customs. Airport and border stops are obviously a common way that persons possessing anabolics come to the attention of law enforcement. But federal authorities can investigate anabolic steroid distribution in a variety of ways.
    For example, monitoring news groups and chat rooms on the Internet has become a common approach of federal agents. Trying to sell or buy steroids over the Internet can be an excellent way of getting oneself arrested. It is always best to assume that anyone looking for steroids on the Internet is an undercover police agent.

Federal law enforcement authorities also monitor the U.S. mails. Suspicious packages coming from overseas can be examined. Among domestic parcels, those from California and the Southwest to sites on the East Coast reportedly have a higher probability of attracting attention. Once suspicion is aroused, inspectors will investigate records of prior packages involving the points of origin or destination. If illegal drugs are found in the mail, the U.S. Postal inspectors will often arrange a "controlled delivery" of the package to the designated recipient. If the package is accepted, agents will immediately enter with a search warrant to look for additional drugs. Obviously, mailing anabolics is risky business.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    nice post!!

I've always had a question..

are steroids all closely related to testosterone ? like hybrids or what?

can anyone explain how they came up with these hormones? things like deca and primo and stuff like that?

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    good post mindbomb..........very educational and highly informative.

nice job brother.

peace bb79

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    bump

DiMensionX is offline Member

Re: Few words about current federal law on steroids.

Originally posted by MindBomb
    It places steroids in the same legal class - Schedule III -- as amphetamines, methamphetamines, opium and morphine.
    Good post. However SIII drugs are those such as hydrocodone, xanax, valium and other such drugs. Morphine is SII, opium is SI, and non-medical amphetamines are SI.

SI drugs such as cocaine, LSD, and heroin cannot be prescribed and are deemed to have no medical value. The only exception is the liquid cocaine spray used for burn victims that I am aware of.

SII drugs such as ritalin, adderal, dextroamphetamine, and oxycodone require triplicate prescription and cannot be called into a pharmacy or have refills. They cannot be prescribed for more than 30 days at a time and require a physical prescription on paper.

SIII drugs such as Vicoden, Xanax, Valium, and what not can have up to 3 refills and can be called in instead of requiring a physical prescription.

SIV are very lax as far as prescribing guidelines go. These are mostly topical drugs and have little or no abuse potential.

There are both federal and state sentenceing guidelines, depending on the severity of the crime one or both of them may be enforced.

DMX

BigPete is offline Associate Member
    I don't think anyone on here is dumb enough to order from the mail anyway? I don't think we are that stupid!

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by DiMensionX

Good post. However SIII drugs are those such as hydrocodone, xanax, valium and other such drugs. Morphine is SII, opium is SI, and non-medical amphetamines are SI.

SI drugs such as cocaine, LSD, and heroin cannot be prescribed and are deemed to have no medical value. The only exception is the liquid cocaine spray used for burn victims that I am aware of.

SII drugs such as ritalin, adderal, dextroamphetamine, and oxycodone require triplicate prescription and cannot be called into a pharmacy or have refills. They cannot be prescribed for more than 30 days at a time and require a physical prescription on paper.

SIII drugs such as Vicoden, Xanax, Valium, and what not can have up to 3 refills and can be called in instead of requiring a physical prescription.

SIV are very lax as far as prescribing guidelines go. These are mostly topical drugs and have little or no abuse potential.

There are both federal and state sentenceing guidelines, depending on the severity of the crime one or both of them may be enforced.

DMX

Originally posted by BigPete
    I don't think anyone on here is dumb enough to order from the mail anyway? I don't think we are that stupid!
    Hell no we aren't.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Good stuff MindBomb, post like this always makes me think twice about doing stuff any other way than through an anti-aging clinic, and with a legal script !!!

Fat4Now is offline Junior Member

?

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Good stuff MindBomb, post like this always makes me think twice about doing stuff any other way than through an anti-aging clinic, and with a legal script !!!
    canes4ever, i've been wondering how you go about bringing the subject up to a doctor at an anti aging clinic? I have found one in my area but, being only 33yo is it something that if I asked a Doc. would laugh me out of his office for?

If this is something that shouldn't be discussed in an open forum I apologize.

Re: ?

Originally posted by Fat4Now

canes4ever, i've been wondering how you go about bringing the subject up to a doctor at an anti aging clinic? I have found one in my area but, being only 33yo is it something that if I asked a Doc. would laugh me out of his office for?

If this is something that shouldn't be discussed in an open forum I apologize.
    Hey bro, no problem. 33 years old is a bit young to really go to an anti-aging clinic, but age actually doesn't really define aging in this context, what you need 1st and formost will be bloodwork done to determine if you natural test levels are below what is normal for your age. If so you are eligible for HRT (hormone replacement therapy).

If you can find a doctor that believes in HRT get him to do the bloodwork and your good to go if your levels are low enough.

Fat4Now is offline Junior Member
    Ok, well I'am scheduled to have bloodwork done in about a week and a half, but not by the clinic doc. Wait and see. Thanks for the reply!

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Man I really dis-like the government when it comes stupid laws like this....Maybe they think every one will go on a "Roid Rage " if they can get juice.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    The laws are made by intelligent people that think they are doing the right thing. We elected them. Thats why I vote. Most members on AR think I am full of shit but thats ok. I am not the normal everyday guy. I have very sharp contrasting views to many on the AR board. BTW I have earned a BS in Chemistry, BS in Computer Science and a Master of Science in Economics from schools that just dont let anybody in. No I am not trying to boast here just back these words up with some credibility.

I think the laws on steriods are good ones. Have you ever seen your best friend shoot his brians out. Or have a really close girlfriend try and kill herself. Well I have and both of these fine friends had hormone imbalances.

Yes, I use steriods and last monday I had seven test tubes of blood taken to run all the test that the doctors require to make sure I am ok.

Steriods affect your hormone levels. Your hormone levels affect how you feel about yourself and others.

I care a lot about the members on AR that have got to know me and have become my friends. They have helped me out when I needed support. I dont want to see them take steriods and shoot their brains out because they did to much or went off cold turkey.

I am glad the laws are their.

Thats my opinion and I know not many like it. I just hope if any of you are doing steriods without a doctor I am pleding with you here and now not to go off steriods cold turkey. Its not worth your life.

I work out to live not live to work out.
    Last edited by androplex; 05-12-2002 at 09:48 PM.

Androplex

Bro,

I am happy to be among those calling you friend. I respect your views and agree with them for the most part. The laws would not have been instituted without some reason. The government doesn't act that rashly.

The whole reason I haven't gotten gear from a source yet, or even attempted to is because of these laws. I am a law abiding person and it is troubling me a bit that I would be doing something that is so severly punished by our courts.

This is the very reason I am trying my best to find a LEGAL way of getting gear.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I agree a legal way to get steriods would be great. But steriods and suicide? Come on. The list of scheduled substances is a plan designed to make money. I agree that a suicidal person shouldn't (and you left out probably wouldn't) be doing steriods. Doctors are aware of this...and they have plenty of other scripts they can write just for your suicidal tendancies.

$$$$$$$$$do you have insurance sir$$$$$$$$$$$$

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    androplex: I am thoroughly enjoying reading your new posts,they are entertaining and informative at the same time

androplex has a point, but steroids are know where near as damaging as comparded to the drugs that purely get you high.

I think the steroid laws are a bit tight, sure they should be controled but not to such an extent.

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    ya had to go a scare me didn't ya. j/k great post

MindBomb is offline Member
    Everyone on this board is pretty much educated on the effects and dangers associated with AAS usage. I do agree that the law has its place. However, the extent to which the law group us with drug "fiends" is insulting. This post was, more or less, dedicated to those who openly asks for sources; along with those who orders off the internet sight. All those new members who are not aware of the fact that one who replys to these post very well might be the one who might bust em.

superbeast is offline Member
    This may sound harsh to many of you, but it is my honest opinion. I don't use any drugs, except steroids . The laws on steroid use and possession are ridiculous. Have you ever heard of somebody being rushed to the hospital for a testosterone overdose? NO! There is a stigma around steroid use that just isn't true. It has been put there by politicians and the media. The public is dumb enough to just believe it without any knowledge at all. Dizzy is totally right about the schedule polan being a money maker. That is what it is.

The government should just legalize all drugs. Cocaine, crack, heroin, marijuana, legalize them all. It would make the business much less lucrative and appealing for dealers. Let the idiots overdose and kill themselves. We'd have a better place and the government could stop wasting so much money on something they will never be able to stop anyway.

Why are steroids legal in so many other countries? Are we really arrogant enough to think that it is because the people in these other countries aren't educated? Do we really think that we know so much more than everybody else? It's bullshit! It's all about $$$!

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Good read!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Those laws are wacked... here it's schedule 1 which pocession is legal, only trafficing can get you into trouble. Seems very harsh to lump that stuff in with hardcore drugs that really do hurt ppl.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Few words about current federal law on steroids.

Originally posted by MindBomb
    Simple possession of any Schedule III substance is a federal offense punishable by up to one year in prison and/or a minimum fine of $1,000. Simple possession by a person with a previous conviction for certain offenses, including any drug or narcotic crimes, must get imprisonment of at least 15 days and up to two years, and a minimum fine of $2,500. Individuals with two or more such previous convictions face imprisonment of not less than 90 days but not more than three years, and a minimum fine of $5,000, just for simply possessing. Selling steroids, or possessing them with intent to sell, is a federal felony. An individual who sells steroids, or possesses with intent to sell, is punishable by up to five years in prison (with at least two additional years of supervised release) and/or a $250,000 fine. An individual who commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a drug offense faces up to ten years imprisonment (with at least four additional years of special parole) and/or increased fines.
    the big key word here is up to "x" number of months or years in prison. i personally don't think these laws are overly tough at all. to get anything more than just probation for posession would require to have an ungodly amount of steroids in your posession. in the federal sentencing guidelines, a person who sells 0-500 "units" of steroids (1 unit = 1 10ml bottle of any steroid at any concentration) will get a level 6 offense level. a level 6 carries the lowest federal penalty of 0-6 months in prison assuming there are no previous convictions or other aggrevating factors. that means a person who sells 500 bottles is bound by the same sentencing guidelines as a person who gets caught selling 1 bottle.

however, each sale is a different count and if convicted, the counts can be sentenced consecutively instead of concurrently depending on the mood of the judge that day. that means, if you were caught selling 1 bottle 10 different times, the judge is not bound by 0-6 months, but rather 0-60 months. it's his discretion. but you're better off getting caught selling 500 bottles all at once.

also, in the federal courts, you can't plead down 0-6...

Originally posted by Iron horse
    are steroids all closely related to testosterone ? like hybrids or what?

can anyone explain how they came up with these hormones? things like deca and primo and stuff like that?
    all steroids are very closely related.

synthesis of anabolic steroids usually comes from DHEA, DHT, or androsteindione.

interesting Dr.Evil,

so if someone's on a dbol /deca cycle, does that mean once they finish the dbol they still have testosterone in there system from the deca?

Originally posted by Iron horse
    interesting Dr.Evil,

so if someone's on a dbol/deca cycle, does that mean once they finish the dbol they still have testosterone in there system from the deca?
    while the chemical structures of most anabolic steroids are very similar and resemble testosterone , their functions are very different from testosterone and shouldn't be confused with testosterone. the only way to have excess testosterone levels in the blood is by testosterone injections. all the deca or dbol in the world is still deca/dbol. these things don't convert into testosterone, nor do they function identically to testosterone.

if they don't act like testosterone , then does that mean the bodies starved of test during dbol /deca cycle? why would different hormones shut down your natural test production?

I always thought dbol increase testosterone in the blood, well now I no atleast

wait, I got this from the main page...

"A simple application of only 10 mg results in a 5-fold increase in the average testosterone concentration in the male"

thats for dbol

Ok, I realize my opinion is not shared by many. But what if you are the 2 to 10 % that has a problem with steriods . If its you then its 100 %.

Here is a study that is a good read. I put the sources at the end if wish to check the story out.

"The study conducted by Dr. Pope and his colleagues was the most recent and extensive, recruiting 50 men between the ages of 20 and 50. For the first 6 weeks of the study, the investigators gave half of the volunteers weekly injections of the steroid testosterone cypionate in gradually increasing doses. For the next 6 weeks, the men were given nothing, then for the subsequent 6-week period, they were given injections of a placebo, followed by another 6 weeks of no injections. The other half of the men were treated the same, except they received 6 weeks of placebo injections before receiving 6 weeks of steroid injections. Each time the men came in for their weekly injection, the researchers administered psychological tests to them. In addition, the men kept daily diaries of their psychological symptoms.

Of the 50 men who received all their steroid injections, 42 had only minimal psychiatric reactions to the drugs. However, two men developed prominent manic symptoms, and another six developed moderate symptoms.

"Why a few men develop manic reactions to steroids while most do not remains a mystery, Dr. Pope says. Those who reacted with manic symptoms were not more likely to have taken steroids before, to have been a weightlifter, or to have a family history of psychiatric disorder. They also did not differ in various physiological measures, such as the blood level of testosterone following the steroid injections."

"I think that the evidence from this and previous studies indicates that, for unknown reasons, somewhere between 2 and 10 percent of men develop manic behavior and other neuropsychiatric complications from high doses of steroids," says Dr. Jag Khalsa of NIDA's Center on AIDS and Other Medical Consequences of Drug Abuse. "These studies were done with 500 and 600 mg per week of steroids, while in actual practice, steroid abusers often take as much as 1,000 or 1,500 mg per week. With these higher doses, the percentage developing manic symptoms is likely to be higher."

Sources
    Pope, H.G., Jr.; Kouri, E.M.; and Hudson, J.I. Effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on mood and aggression in normal men: A randomized controlled trial. Archives of General Psychiatry 57(2):133-140, 2000.

Pope, H.G., Jr.; Phillips, K.A.; and Olivardia, R. The Adonis Complex: The Secret Crisis of Male Body Obsession. New York: The Free Press. 2000.

"An undetermined percentage of steroid abusers become addicted to the drugs, as evidenced by their continuing to take steroids in spite of physical problems, negative effects on social relations, or nervousness and irritability. Also, they spend large amounts of time and money obtaining the drugs and experience withdrawal symptoms such as mood swings, fatigue, restlessness, loss of appetite, insomnia, reduced sex drive, and the desire to take more steroids. The most dangerous of the withdrawal symptoms is depression, because it sometimes leads to suicide attempts. Untreated, some depressive symptoms associated with anabolic steroid withdrawal have been known to persist for a year or more after the abuser stops taking the drugs."

http://165.112.78.61/MOM/TG/momtg-steroids.html

Anabolic steroids are chemicals that are similar to the male sex hormone testosterone and are used by an increasing number of young people to enhance their muscle size. While anabolic steroids are quite successful at building muscle, they can damage many body organs, including the liver, kidneys, and heart. They may also trigger dependency in users, particularly when taken in the large doses that have been known to be used by many bodybuilders and athletes.

Anabolic steroids are taken either orally in pill form or by injection. After steroids enter the bloodstream, they are distributed to organs (including muscle) throughout the body. After reaching these organs, the steroids surround individual cells in the organ and then pass through the cell membranes to enter the cytoplasm of the cells. Once in the cytoplasm, the steroids bind to specific receptors and then enter the nucleus of the cells. The steroid-receptor complex is then able to alter the functioning of the genetic material and stimulate the production of new proteins. It is these proteins that carry out the effects of the steroids. The types of proteins and the effects vary depending on the specific organ involved. Steroids are able to alter the functioning of many organs, including the liver, kidneys, heart, and brain. They can also have a profound effect on reproductive organs and hormones.

Many of the effects of steroids are brought about through their actions in the brain. Once steroids enter the brain, they are distributed to many regions, including the hypothalamus and limbic system. When a person takes steroids, the functioning of neurons in both of these areas is altered, resulting in a change in the types of messages that are transmitted by the neurons. Since the hypothalamus has a major role in maintaining normal hormone levels, disrupting its normal functioning also disrupts the body's hormones. This can result in many problems, including a reduction in normal testosterone production in males and loss of the monthly period in females.

Similarly, steroids can also disrupt the functioning of neurons in the limbic system. The limbic system is involved in many things, including learning, memory, and regulation of moods. Studies in animals have shown that steroids can impair learning and memory. They can also promote overly-aggressive behavior and mood swings. People who take anabolic steroids can exhibit violent behavior, impairment of judgment, and even psychotic symptoms.

Please dont be in the 2 - 10 % like my friend was. He shot his brains out this year due to a hormone imbalance ( so they say). I miss his smile and friendship a great deal.

I work out to live not to live to work out

escalade is offline Junior Member
    this is a great informative thread guys

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i dont know if i posted this before, but www.steroidlaw.com is a good site for this stuff. especially useful if you live in NY

MisterClean is offline Banned
    very informing post. appreciate the effort brotha!!!

Studly Hungwell is offline New Member
    I understand the law. Its in black and white. What about enforcement? I read about guys bragging about their order, how long they been on, their next cycle.

Another board "bumps" a reliable source! Not that I'm complaining just curious as to how it just continues.

Like all other laws, people generally follow the ones that are strickly enforced.

Personally, I would love to have a federal law enforcement job that paid top salary for monoriting web sites like this one. That would be sweet. I just got a feeling our tax dollars are put to better use.

JMD
    JMD is offline Associate Member

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    xanax, valium, librium are schedule 4. hydrocodone such as lortabs, lorcets, norcos are schedule 111's. morphine, opiates such as oxycontin, dilaudid, ms contin are schedule 2 narcotic. whoever stated xanax was a schedule 3 is wrong. there a scheule 4. anyways good post

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    I got a question:

How are ancilliries classified? In particular: Clenbuterol , Cytomel (T3), Clomid and Nolva. Are the laws on importing these types of drugs the same as say importing viagra? Or are they more stringent like they are on gear?

This is a general statement that I no longer agree with my view presented in this thread. The views and opinions on this thread sparked my interest and I did more research. At the time I formed my opinion based on the information I had available. With more research and study I see way those on this thread said what they did with regard to the laws being to harsh for steriod use. I am so glad that you all were willing to state how you felt. It goes to show that you have guts. It made a difference for me thanks......
    Last edited by androplex; 05-25-2002 at 09:27 PM.

inertia is offline Associate Member
    bump[

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    all to do with people for the most part wanting to better themself and doing what they want to THEIR bodies, its ridiculous that we are controlled and told what we can and cant do to ourselves, can someone say communism? or dictatorship? :-/

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    nice post MB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information