dizzle is offline Respected Member

Do you think 3000 calories is enough to bulk up?

I started my cycle pretty close to hitting 4000 a day, w/ help of using weight gainer shakes. I'm finding it hard to hit that now, and recently been hitting around 3000/day because I don't have the hunger for it. I feel so stuffed when eating 3000, and i'm even on eq. I've only gained between 5-7lbs. I still got 6 weeks to go, but just wanted some input on what people would say about my calorie intake.

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    Suck it up man. You need to eat to grow. Try to keep your cals at or above 4000. I know it gets hard but you need to do it. By the way what are you taking (gear)? Also how much do weigh at this point?

I'm on Test 400 and EQ 400, wil runny winny to end off. I float around 200-202lbs. Trying to get another 15 by the end of the cycle.

I read the post earlier about Burger King and Fast Food, Do you think I should throw in a Big Mac or something early in the day to get an extra 500 calories?

I'm taking lots of protein shakes and bars, but they don't have too many calories in it.

ironman57 is offline Associate Member
    Eat more solid meals, try stay away from bars and powders. When you start eating 6 SOLID meals a day, you wont STOP GROWING!

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on his present size/bf also...

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    Im taking in past 4000, but im very active, and am NEVER full... it scares the people I work with.. but I havent gained weight lately

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    yah set points are a bitch

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    Dizzle.

If you are already pretty lean (less than 10%) go ahead and have a Big Mac. It will get your calories up. Just have a protein drink with it so your protein stays high. If you are carry extra BF you need to keep your diet a little cleaner.

Sometimes adding a few pounds of fat is worth it, if you add a lot of muscle.

still growin is offline Member
    drinking calories doesn't help you nearly as much as eating them. Protien shakes are a must, and weight gainer doesn't hurt as it is some calories as well as a lot of vitamins, minerals, and protien. doen't replace meals w/shakes, but feel free to have one between meals. , Make yourself eat as much as you can, and it will be impossible not to grow!

Braski is offline Junior Member

Try the sirloin diet

Have you tried a 12 oz sirloin with some broccoli or other fibrous veggie after your evening workout. Do this 3-4 times per week and before bed take a time released protein powder...you'll grow.

Braski

Thanks for all your replies. I think my maintenance weight was around 1500. So 3000 should suffice, but I'll try to up it a little bit more without feeling so stuffed. The first few weeks, I stocked up a bunch on all this food and ate it so quick. Damn groceries are really expensive when you gotta eat big.

felthamboy is offline Junior Member
    your maintenance would be around 2500 for 200 lb and if you hit 215lb around 2700 2800 add to that hard training and i think 3500 would be a minimum and for cutting i would not go much below 1800 or you will drop alot of lean mass

hope that helps simon

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    hey bro, before you respond, make sure you look at the date of the last post. DAMN!!!!!

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    HAHA thats classic!

Thread Information