McBain is offline Member

Synergistic effect if I add ephedrine?

Ok I'm doing my first cycle and I'm eating like a beast. I want to make really good gains because I dropped a lot of cash into this cycle and want to get the most out of it possible. I am gaining a bit of fat but I don't want to cut back on food because I want to maximize gains.

I'm eating very cleanly (occassional cheat snack but I increase my r-ALA intake if it's high in carbs or psyllum husk fiber if it's high in fat, I'm usually really good about it though). I almost always eat every 2 hours (last 2 days I haven't due to working with toxic chems at work). I want to stop the fact gain and possibly lose some of it if possible.

I was thinking of adding some ephedrine to my cycle but I have a few concerns being: 1) Higher risk of blood pressure problems and 2) The ephedrine eating into my muscle gains. I thought I read that there is some sort of synergistic effect of ephedrine and AAS, something about how the ephedrine effects t3 levels (not much but I thought I remember reading it did, if not please correct me ). Any advice?

Oh yeah my cycle is this:
    Test prop 100mg eod week 2-8
    Anavar 40mg week 1, 30mg week 2-8
    Finastride 1mg ed week 1, 1mg eod week 2-8
    Femara .625mg ed week 2-8

Thanks, McBain

P.S. Any recommendation on epedrine dosages would be nice as well. I'm sensative to stimulants though so I'd probably ease into it really slowly.

ultra150 is offline New Member
    I would lower the carbs a little and make sure your not eating to much fat.I would do ephedrine or clen at the end of the cycle.Get big than get ripped.

xcelbeyond is offline Junior Member
    I don't believe that ephedrine hurts muscle/gains. I use ECA all the time, on or off cycle, just prior to certain workouts that I want to "intensify"

xcel

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well ECA can be catabolic but I don't think that is your problem. The reason I believe people should either choose to bulk or diet on a cycle is because the bottom line is when you bulk you take in excessive amounts of calories some will probably convert to fat. By taking ECA all you will be doing is trying to increase your metabolism so you burn more calories which is in direct conflict with taking the additional calories in to begin with at this point. You can try to eat cleaner and do some cardio in order to help find a happy medium but that is very difficult to do. Bulk if you are going to bulk and if the fat gain becomes to extreme adjust your diet properly.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Well ECA can be catabolic but I don't think that is your problem. The reason I believe people should either choose to bulk or diet on a cycle is because the bottom line is when you bulk you take in excessive amounts of calories some will probably convert to fat. By taking ECA all you will be doing is trying to increase your metabolism so you burn more calories which is in direct conflict with taking the additional calories in to begin with at this point. You can try to eat cleaner and do some cardio in order to help find a happy medium but that is very difficult to do. Bulk if you are going to bulk and if the fat gain becomes to extreme adjust your diet properly.
    I'm 99% in agreement, however I've always understood Ephedrine to be mildly anti-catabolic.
    If your trying to bulk it's almost impossible not to add fat, however if muscular gains and good quality gains are your goal I'd be looking VERY closely at my diet and not at the weighting scales. Because believe me if you gained 20lbs in weight and half of which was fat and water (it happens), or gained 10lbs of quality muscle and dropped fat at the same time you'll look much bigger and happier with that appearance.

Bouncer

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Hey bro let us know how your cycle goes... I like the gear you are using!

Peace,
    CC

McBain is offline Member
    My diet is usually really good! I'm really strict. Past two days I've been cheating a bit more than normal but the fat was accumulating before that. I guess it's not a lot of fat, but as it's summer and I work with my shirt off and go to the beach a lot I am self-conscious about it. I don't want to lower carbs because I don't react well to low carb diets (I've tried them before and I get really moody, and tired, I was keeping my EFA high as well so I just think low carbs aren't for me). So the consensus is to not throw in some ephedrine? I remember reading something about ephedrine effects t3 levels though, and that t3 and AAS are synergistic, this was my main question, whether or not this was correct. I understand the theories behind bulking and cutting. Thanks for the replies though, keep them coming, maybe someone can answer this question about the synergy?

Oh I'll let you know how my cycle goes, I've been keeping a log at a board I post on because a few of the mods and other members asked me to. Here's the link (it's a pretty long thread because I post on it usually twice a day to keep everything really updated)http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=46232

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    I like what bouncer said i luv ephedrine
    its pretty much standard before every workout
    it assures that i wont be falling asleep under the weight bench

McBain is offline Member
    So maybe just ephedrine before workouts you think? It does definitely give a boost in energy I like it but will it have any effect on fat burning just taking it before workouts you think?

McBain is offline Member
    Any opinions? I'm also worried about blood pressure. Ephedrine increases blood pressure, so does exercise (temporarily obviously, in the long run it's good) and since I'm on a cycle with testosterone there is a chance of high BP too. You think it's something I should worry about? I got my BP checked before my cycle and it was fine (120/80).

McBain is offline Member
    bump

Just check your BP a couple of times each weeh after your cycle gets going. You should be OK given you're taking the letrozole . Tren tends to increase my BP - not immediately, but after several weeks.

Like I stated, I use ECA to improve workout energy. I just got BP and bloodwork done. My BP has gone as high as 155/93 while on (later in cycles) but with "both numbers" never that high at the same time. The BP that was just taken was 102/60 and I'm 49!

xcel

McBain is offline Member
    Damn that's crazy your BP is that good at 49! Mine was 120/80 the other week when I took it and I thought that was good. My CV fitness leaves a lot to be desired. I'm blessed with not gaining much fat usually so I've been neglecting cardio. I think I'll start adding some more, it'll help shed those extra couple lbs as well. How many cycles have you done? That's encouraging your BP is so low if you've done a bunch of cycles.

Sorry, I usually just lurk here and don't post much (follow too many other boards!)

I started cycling back in the 80's pre-scheduled times but shit was still near impossible to find! Good advice on how to use was even harder to get! I was one of more fortunate ones that managed to retain most of my gains through that period.

It was also a time when "fakes" became the norm over real stuff - real bad stuff going on. I got out in about '89. I started back up last Summer after I discovered this wealth of information and knowledge called the internet (and I've been online since '94!) not to mention sources!

Now one of the things that goes with age is memory and you're asking me how many cycles - LOL Actually not that many - prob about 10 all together. Many short ones back in the 80's when you couldn't get much.

I'll try and share some of my knowledge more in the future.

xcel

Thread Information