PHATCAT is offline Associate Member

???ALCOHOL and ANABOLICS???

I want to your thoughts on this.We spend a lot of time on our bodies trying to improve them through Nutrition, supplimentation, Gym and Anabolics. BUT, Im sure you GUYS and maybe Girls are like most your gonna have some drinks and even get drunk once in a while ! How do you think this affects our body OR our CYCLES more inportantly? You wouldnt want to be wasting your hard earned money right ... HOW CATIBOLIC IS IT ANYWAY?????? (POLE ) how many honestly drink during their cycle??

neo1605 is offline Banned
    I always try not to while on a cycle but always slip up now and then......just make sure you take plenty of ala before and after if you do decide to drink. Also, don't get too fucked up.......it will ruin you for the next day.

I dont use the ALA Ill check on that. HONESTY its a bitch we all WILL slip up! water water water I try to drink one in between each drink I think it heps wash out the toxins faster and better instead of waiting untill you suck down that late night TACO BELL MT. Dew on your way home then waking up bloated and dehidrated the next morning and try to make up for all the water you didnt drink last night

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    i'm proud to say that (so far) during a cycle that involves a 17aa, i'm flawless in not drinking. almost flawless anyway, but if not adminisering a 17aa, i admit i've slipped up a couple times... but not many.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i never drink while on. come to think of it, i dont drink very much while off either. i guess ive just grown out of that "lets go out and get hammered" phase of my life. ive invested too much time and effort on my body to tear it down(even minimally) with alchohol.
    i know some will surely disagree, and im not saying i dont have a cold one once in a while, but im pretty much done getting drunk just for the "fun" of it..........

peace bb79

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    i dont drink on or off a cycle. i stopped about a year ago. i always got into trouble when i drank. i get violent too. i just lost the taste for alcohol. i dont even go to bars anymore. i havent been to a club in about a year. i like not drinking. i get so much done. i am never hungover cause i dont drink. its funny seeing these guys coming to work all hungover dragging ass. i dont have nay sympothy for them. they shouldnt drink on their work nights.

that takes some will power if you like to go to clubs/ bars to soltialize and enjoy the view of the oppisite sex!

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    it gets easier and easier bro. i can go to a club and not drink. its tough at first. gets easier and easier though

Well I definatlly hold out through my cycle I want good results!

Pain Train is offline Junior Member
    get a water with a lime. it looks like you drinking

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I figured out years ago the easiest way for me to go out and not drink. I bounce instead. Make enough extra cash to pay for my anabolic habit, meet as many women as I want, and occassionally get to be violent with little or no ramifications (I know most of the cops where I live).

babi is offline Associate Member
    first it aint good to drink even if u dont do roids
    second i think alcohol can really hinder your gains if you are going out and its a neccesity for you to be buzzed then take something like G not only you not going to stop your progress but it can help you cut as well
    as for myself i can go out totally sober and have a good time and have enough confidence to do whatever i would do if i was under the influence i mean it guys.. and i take pride being that way too

I agree totally GHB is like the best recreational drug deffinately (CHOICE) but most states are really crackin down on possion because of the jackassES that use it to rape chicks DIRTBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!

So does anybody really know who CATIBOLIC IS IT to consume alcohol

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    I drink all of the time whether on or off AS. Getting hammered three nights a week, easily. I gained 25 punds off my last cycle and kept twenty. For my next cycle i plan on not drinking at all, but i know I will slip up a couple times.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BMANN
    I drink all of the time whether on or off AS. Getting hammered three nights a week, easily. I gained 25 punds off my last cycle and kept twenty. For my next cycle i plan on not drinking at all, but i know I will slip up a couple times.
    BMANN, are you serious? I really couldn't tell if you were kidding or not. Anyway, I am muchlike you. I have drank each weekend while on a cycle. I konw how bad it is for you. However, I try my best to keep enough water in me and watch the late night munchies. I am really going ot trry and not drink when I do my next cycle. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Biznatch is offline Junior Member
    I'm in the same boat as Bmannn and butch. I drink a lot, and it has not changed even when I have taken AS. Last time I was taking fina/dbol and got completely drunk every thursday, friday, saturday night. Still got huge. I got pretty bloated too, but hey, i love to drink. I am going to start a Enan/EQ cycle next week, and i am going to slow down drinking big time, being the first time I have ever taken Test.

McBain is offline Member
    Damn I can't believe that. Not meant to flame you guys at all, it's your body and hence your decision. But since I've been on I've had 3/4's of a light beer two nights ago and I felt guilty I'm only using test prop and anavar too so nothing that's too harsh on the liver. Damn. I just hope you get regular doc checkups.

Lush is offline Associate Member
    I don't believe alcohol is catabolic so much as just being anti-anabolic .

Speaking from experience, I've found it seriously limits your gains on a cycle. Sure I've made decent gains on a cycle whioe still drinking ( in moderation)- but I wonder what it could have been like without alcohol altogether.

I have also squandered a cycle with booze. I did a test750/weeks cycle with, well, lots of booze- I won't even tell you what I averaged ED, and gained a whopping 5 lbs. and that is with diet/workout/suppliments being pretty damn good. I have to say though, during the recovery period, while still consuming lots of beer, my gains have stayed. This makes me think that alcohol is really more anti-anabolic than catabolic.

Of couse I've also had a friend who did a sust/dec/d-bol and gained easy 20lbs and lost every ringle pound after due to serious drinking. But that was more Leaving Las Vegas style drinking.

Moral of the story, I've learned- DON'T DRINK while on a cycle. Sure it's hard, but it's got to be easier than hauling my ass out of bed at 6:00am for before-work cardio.

Now I just need to see if i can do it next cycle.

Dan32 is offline New Member
    When Im jucing ,I just get stoned .no hang over and I eat more .I dont like to drink much anyways.fucks up your liver even more.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Lush
    But that was more Leaving Las Vegas style drinking.
    Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. Boy could cage put em down.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    didnt drink until week 9 of 12 week cycle...went on a 3 week drinking binge....gained 32 pounds kept 25. Playing Div I football, and loving the parties, but I do feel like shit the next day, drink 2 gallons of water 4 times a week. And I ALWAYS add an hour and a half on to my workout time if hungover just to make my body cleanse the toxins out faster....

BIGBOD is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    I figured out years ago the easiest way for me to go out and not drink. I bounce instead. Make enough extra cash to pay for my anabolic habit, meet as many women as I want, and occassionally get to be violent with little or no ramifications (I know most of the cops where I live).

YOU SOUND LIKE ME BRO! I DO THE SAME THING, BUT EVEN WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I STILL CLUB, BUT I DRINK TONIC WATER INSTEAD OF ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO DRINK THOUGH TRY VODKA TONICS. THEY AREN'T THAT FATTENING AND YOU GET YOUR WATER WITH YOUR DRINK. IF YOU CAN THOUGH JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE ALCOHOL UNTIL YOUR CYCLE IS COMPLETE.
    Last edited by BIGBOD; 08-06-2002 at 12:25 PM.

Hey LUSH just wondering is that where you got your screen name???????Anyway I think your on to somthing there more anti-ANABOLIC than catibolic! From lititure I have read theres 2 very important times your boby releases HGH and other important biochemical agents into your blood stream to help build, repair, and replenish that is right after you work out and right after you go to sleep! Sence,( well I hope) most of us trying to improve are bodies dont pick up a BEER instead of a PROTEIN drink right after we work out were probably safe there BUT, think about it we almost allways drink at night before we go to sleep! This probably kills all that release of all those important things that WE NEED to BUILD, REPAIR, and REPLENISH our bodies ESPESIALLY during a cycle when we need it the most. NOT to mention theres no time your body does more healing and rebuilding than when you go to sleep!!!!!!!!!! THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HUM!!!!!!!

ink
    ink is offline New Member
    it could also be worth noting that a combination of beer and protein shakes causes (me anyway) severe flatulance.

I think the right thing to say here is BUMP

Thread Information