Bret C is offline New Member

Question no response to steriods

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I have a serious question and need to lay down a background. I am 26 years old, and have been lifting weights since I was 16 years old. I am 6'4", and weigh 225 lbs. I was very skinny in high school, and I had to work my ass off and be extremely consistent to see any progress. I have gained a lot of serious muscle in the past several years, but I am not nearly as big as some of the people in my gym.

I had a friend who has been using steriods for about 15 years teach me the basics about steroids in December of last year. I researched on this site for about a month, reading every single drug profile over and over, and reading the educational threads on this forum, then decided to do a cycle. My buddy and I (who also hadn't used steroids before) did 300 mgs/week of deca , 250 mgs/week of sustanon , and 100 mgs/week of primo for 8 weeks. We did the same workout we had been doing (a four day per week split). He gained 30 lbs. of muscle and his strength went through the roof. I gained no noticeable strength or muscle.

I have a twin brother who got a prescription from a doctor to take 400 mgs of cypionate /week for 8 weeks, and he gained nothing from them. I reasoned that maybe our bodies (myself and my twin brother's) need more than the average beginner to see results, so two months after my first cycle I bought two bottles of Test 400, a bottle of winstrol , and a bottle of equipoise . I did this for 8 weeks, and gained nothing.

I continued to research and decided that although I hadn't gained from the previous two cycles, maybe I just needed to try different steroids and do more. I wanted to make one last-ditch attempt. I waited two months, and did another cycle. I did 50 mgs/day of reforvit-b, 450 mgs/week of trenbol 75, and 1200 mgs/week of test 400. I did this for 6 weeks and had no results.

I know what some of you are thinking. He bought fake stuff, he didn't work out hard enough, he didn't eat enough calories, he didn't eat enough protein, etc. I can assure you that none of these are true. My twin brother got his cypionate from a legitimate pharmacy in the U.S., and got no results. I got mine from a reputable pharmacy in Mexico- the same place my friend who has been doing steroids for 15 years goes to, and got no results in all 3 cycles. He has never gotten fake stuff from there. My buddy who I shared the bottles with gained 30 lbs of muscle to my zero.

We worked out very intensively, doing three sets of each exercise, going one or two reps short of failure for the first two sets and going til failure on the 3rd set, resting about a minute in between sets. We did legs and abs on Monday (squats, stiff leg deadlifts, leg press, crunches, side bends), chest and tris on Tuesday (bench, dips, incline, crossover, push downs) rest on Wednesday, back and bi's on Thursday (chins, rows, pullovers, bar curls, dumbbell curls), and shoulders and legs on Friday (military, upright rows, lateral raises, squats, calf raises). I drank a myoplex shake right after my workout with a banana, creatine, glutamine, and flax-seed oil. I consumed about 300 grams of protein per day, spread out over 6 meals, and ate til I wanted to puke. I gained a couple pounds during each cycle, but mostly fat because of the excess calories.

I should say that not only did I not gain any muscle or noticeable strength on these cycles, I also didn't get acne, hair growth, gynocemastia (despite taking high amounts of steroids with no estrogen/progesterone blockers), an attitude, or sore kidneys.

I have searched and searched for a reason why steroids don't work for me. I have consulted a doctor, who admitted that he had no idea why they wouldn't work, I have tried to search the archives on this website, I have talked to my buddies who use steroids , I have searched the internet, and I searched my anatomy and physiology textbooks from college for an explanation. I haven't come up with one. Maybe my body produces high amounts of testosterone and my muscle cells are accustomed to it, maybe I lack receptor sites to allow steroids into the muscle cells, maybe my liver destroys the stuff immediately, maybe I lack some sort of binding protein in my body which enables anabolics to do its job, I really don't know. In all my researching, I have never heard of anyone who sees no gains at all from anabolic steroids, especially a beginner. Please give me some feedback. It kills me to not know why they don't work for me. Thanks.

I should add that I know I should get blood work done in order to identify my natural levels of different compounds, but I don't have medical insurance right now. I will in a couple months, even then I don't think they'd cover a test that checked for testosterone levels , IGF-1, growth hormone , mineral levels, etc. My doctor told me that without insurance, the test would run about a thousand dollars, which is not an option right now.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have heard of people who don't respond to test (although it is rare) but I have never heard of anyone who doesn't respond to any AAS. One more test is to get a fina conversion kit. By the pellets from a vet feed store and make your own. If you don't respond to 75 mg a day of tren running it for 8 weeks with a kit (you made yourself and did not buy premade) then I would say you may be a medical freak. I don't mean that badly but all sorts of genetic abnormalities are out there.

Lush is offline Associate Member
    Good call- what Rickson said.

The only other explanation is you've got the devil in you. In which case you should be burned, lest your steroid immunity be spread.

BOB HAD BITCH TITS is offline Associate Member
    I am very, very sorry to hear that, and I doubt that you produce any where neer 1200mg of test on your own so I thik you can rule that out.

oh, and good luck

thegame01 is offline Member
    i have no idea but i will bump this for ya

good luck bro and let us know if you do get some answers from somewhere else

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    bump. freaky stuff. Any Doctors on here?

Thanks for the responses. Any one have an idea as to what is going on with my body to render the high levels of AAS useless? Since I don't respond to test, which all AAS are derived from, is it worth it to try others? I've already tried sustanon , deca , reforvit, winstrol , equipoise , primobolan , test 400, and trenbol, to no avail. Are there any steroids that might work by some other mechanism (don't all AAS attach to the same androgen receptor)? If D-bol didn't work, should I try anadrol ? If trenbol didn't work, will it matter if I make my own fina kit? I also want to mention that during my cycles, I felt the AAS in me, as my sex drive and sleeping were improved, but they didn't cause me to gain muscle. It's mind-boggling to me, especially since even the experts haven't heard of this happening. What is especially wierd to me is that if testosterone doesn't work on me, how did I get so big naturally (6'4'', 225 lbs)? I tend to agree with Lush, that I should rid myself of this planet in order to not infect anyone with my steroid immunity. Just kidding, thanks so much for the replies.

BIG RED I is offline Junior Member

bermuda triangle_

my history of ass use and gains benefited from therapy are somewhat similar. i'm 6ft 5 and have since the age of 16, liked very much lifting. by my early twenties i was 16 and half stone. i decided at this juncture to force feed myself.

upping my weight to 16 stone 10 pounds. there after, i decided to use steroids to break the 'plateau'. results included, an increase to seventeen and half stones with little definition. today, im up to 19 stones three pounds (126 kilos). alot is bloat. anyway, how much was muscle? before starting ass i was stressed, and i guess the stress and probable hormonal imbalance restricted muscular endurance.

in short, were both hard gainers. at 6'4'', 225 lbs, do you have a muscular BB's shape? have you in fact shape shifted? you see, i believe once a hard gainer has established a foundation, a more efficent 'machine' exists, you have shape shifted succesfully. receptor sites, in addition, increase in number alongside the therapy. im guesstimating, there may be a problem with a hormonal deficiency. consider all hard gainers need a base that is strong, muscular and knowldegable. carrying extra 'weight' is not a clear indicator of gains, but more of a 'stress load' on the body.

the answer lies in using compound training exclusively, morning and evening training. shorter cycles, less anabolic esters, but using test as a base shot, and make use of test propianate. use steroids that will give you qulaity gains, eq, primo, deca , winny. for now, avoid bulking phases. use a low fat diet to define the 'true' stature and shape of your being.

as we say here at AR, if the hormone therapy isn't working then you are different. consider i've been there, and for me the foundation and becoming more muscular, was about shape shifting. the process is long, now i'm 28 years old improving. the easier gains have come in the last six months. my greatest lesson is improving external sources in my life, and evaluating how much daily chores one needs to do alongside the training. i don't gain if im relaxing from training. the BMR needs to be high all day and this can be judged if one sleeps well. diet is 'extremely' important, consider some people might do better on high carb diets with low protein, or vice versa. back to basics? red.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    that's crazy that all of those different steroids didn't work for you, i guess you can try HGH if you got the money to spend.

Big Red- I do have a very muscular shape, and lots of strength, but not much size. Seventeen inch arms when flexed, 26 inch thighs, and a 46 inch chest.

Dizzle- I have considered taking hGH but if AAS don't do a thing for me, I'm not sure if hGH would. If I took hGH, I would want to get the biggest bang for my buck, and combine it with lots of AAS, some insulin , T-3, and possibly IGF-1 (if I could find any). But since AAS don't work, it might be futile. I don't mind spending a few hundred dollars on a cycle and not getting gains, but if I spent $5000 for a 6-month supply of hGH, and saw no results, I'd feel really stupid, like I should have known better.

Mods- what do you think?

pump111 is offline New Member
    Most likely you have some type of genetic defect. I can't say what it is because your story boggles my mind. However, I do have a friend who has somewhat of a similar problem. Both of his parents are very large individuals and all through grade school he was always the largest kid, but one day he just stopped growing. Now at 22 he is just as big as he was in the 7th grade. He has endured hours and hours of tests and countless doctors, he has been prescribed all types of steroids and growth hormone , but nothing has ever worked. I understand your situation is seriously different based on the fact that you are 6'4 and weigh 225, but perhaps you to have some sort of genetic defect in terms of a hormonal imbalance or defective growth plates and your body can only get so big. All I can say is get some tests done, and give hgh a try.

Thread Information