PHATCAT is offline Associate Member

How LONG between CYCLES

I want to know how long are you guys waiting between cycles??? How many Cycles a year do you do? If you are doing multiple cycles do you switch products? It seems everybody has there favorites to stack, so if you have a favorite stack that works well for you will you repeat the same cycle back to back lets say for a bulking cycle.

neo1605 is offline Banned
    Time on = Time off

How many a year

heyherc is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by neo1605
    Time on = Time off
    This is excelent advice but sometimes also hard to stick to especially if you already have your gear for the next cycle.

YES I agree usally your planing your next cycle only days into the current one

Do you use the same gear back to back

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well if you do the math it really is not pratical to do more than 2 cycles a year. I do know that some of the more serious competitors will stay on all year long only takeing short breaks in between. This is really takeing a high risk though in my opion. If you run a cycle for 10 wks you need at least 10 wks off. ect,ect
    Tobey

heyherc is offline Junior Member
    On my last 2 cycles I had alot of the same stuff as I bought it in bulk with a friend and had alot, but we did change things up quite a bit.

McBain is offline Member
    I can't imagine not doing at lesat time on = time off. This one cycle has hurt my pockets enough, I think if I tried to be on as much as off for a year I'd be flat broke lol.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    like everyone else said, time on = time off. As far as using the same juice is concerned. I would imagine that you would want to hit different receptors, as juice will dull them, so frequent use of the same steroid probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Let me tell you why time on=time off is bullshit. Almost everyone heres purpose for taking time off is to recover HPTA function so the body is brought back to equilibrium and functioning naturally. Now everyone's recovery time is very dependent on age, length of cycle, and drugs used on cycle along with the fact that some people naturally recover faster than others. The other thing to remember is that sex drive and fuller testicles are not necessarily proof that you have recovered. The answer to your question is that you should take as much or little time off as necessary to recover HPTA funtion which in turn should bring natural test levels back up to the "normal" range. You should get an endo screen to determine when recovery is complete. Now some of you may say I only take time off to give my body a break or to allow for receptor sites to "clear". Both of those can be accomplished with low doses of test so no reason to come off at all. By the way receptor site down regulation is a whole different thing we can argue about sometime. An example where time on=time off is not always a good rule of thumb would be a cycle with deca . Many people take as long as four or five months to recover from a ten week cycle involving deca. If one were to get back on before recovery they have really defeated the purpose of coming off altogether. Another example are those who use very long cycles. Very few people would take 52 weeks to recover from a 52 week cycle so it wouldn't make sense to wait a year for your next cycle. Now taking in to consideration the fact that you are probably not going to use any really long cycles right now and that you are relatively young and healthy and that I doubt you will be getting any screenings done you might as well just use time on=time off.

RICKSON GREAT POINT There is a couple of other things to consider here. I have been reading in different books that the new school science of cycling is shorter and at larger does. Now depending on your experience with anabolics doses and lenghth of time will very per person. Regarding Deca short cycles at high does would not apply because it does take at least 5wks to start getting results at doses around 400-600mgs a week. Doses of 800- 1000mgs a wk do tend hit a little faster. NOW if talking about test from what im reading 750-1000mgs week for 5wks would be great to elevate plazma levels to the proper thesh hold for maximum results on a shorter cycle get in get out logic. This keeps us from prolonged use and potential damage to the different organs, thus even using the TIMEON=TIMEOFF logic you could reasonably do 6 CYCLES per year, EXAMPLE= 2 bulking 1 cutting, 2 more bulking 1 more cutting. SOMEBODY mentioned receptor sites, again from my research of reading it is beleived that what we used to think about multiple type of receptors is not true their is only one TYPE of reseptor site, which brings us back to stacking on your cycle it is VERY important to under stand your ANABOLICS they have half lives thats why anabolics like SUSTENON have a make up of 4 diferent compounds this isnt by accident that they produce roids like this. Each one of those compounds in SUSTENON has a different half life which allows for less frequent injections due to the lenghth of testosterone peaks at different times . EACH of the four compounds are fighting to reach these receptor sites and there are only so many receptors. If the compound does not reach the receptor berore the end of its life it will be excreated as waste OR worse yet move on because it has no use at the receptor site and convert to ESTROGEN which is only giving us negitive results. NOW you can see why simply more and higher doses is not always better! You need to research and KNOW what your taking and how it works and reacts in the body. IF your taking 2 coumpounds that have a simular make up you could be just throughing your your hard earned money down the toilet and yet worse cause unwanted side effects.......
    Last edited by PHATCAT; 08-05-2002 at 09:48 AM.

A great book, ANABOLIC EDGE 2001

WantinBigger is offline Junior Member

Blood work

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    You should get an endo screen to determine when recovery is complete. ... Now taking in to consideration the fact that you are probably not going to use any really long cycles right now and that you are relatively young and healthy and that I doubt you will be getting any screenings done you might as well just use time on=time off.
    Hey guys... new to the juice here. What blood tests are these? And where would be the best place to get one?

bowie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHATCAT
    I want to know how long are you guys waiting between cycles??? How many Cycles a year do you do? If you are doing multiple cycles do you switch products? It seems everybody has there favorites to stack, so if you have a favorite stack that works well for you will you repeat the same cycle back to back lets say for a bulking cycle.
    5 months on, 2 months off, 5 months on.
    Test C, EQ ,Tren Enan. This is my favorite cycle, this is all I do except maybe some gh and slin. 1 gram of test, 800mg of eq, and 500mg of tren e /week.
    20 weeks of test ,16 weeks of eq,12 weeks of tren enan. I usually gain 20 pounds of lean muscle with this cycle, and keep more than half.

The Shredder is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1605
    Time on = Time off
    There is your answer bro.

bignuts is offline Junior Member
    nice post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Let me tell you why time on=time off is bull****. Almost everyone heres purpose for taking time off is to recover HPTA function so the body is brought back to equilibrium and functioning naturally. Now everyone's recovery time is very dependent on age, length of cycle, and drugs used on cycle along with the fact that some people naturally recover faster than others. The other thing to remember is that sex drive and fuller testicles are not necessarily proof that you have recovered. The answer to your question is that you should take as much or little time off as necessary to recover HPTA funtion which in turn should bring natural test levels back up to the "normal" range. You should get an endo screen to determine when recovery is complete. Now some of you may say I only take time off to give my body a break or to allow for receptor sites to "clear". Both of those can be accomplished with low doses of test so no reason to come off at all. By the way receptor site down regulation is a whole different thing we can argue about sometime. An example where time on=time off is not always a good rule of thumb would be a cycle with deca. Many people take as long as four or five months to recover from a ten week cycle involving deca. If one were to get back on before recovery they have really defeated the purpose of coming off altogether. Another example are those who use very long cycles. Very few people would take 52 weeks to recover from a 52 week cycle so it wouldn't make sense to wait a year for your next cycle. Now taking in to consideration the fact that you are probably not going to use any really long cycles right now and that you are relatively young and healthy and that I doubt you will be getting any screenings done you might as well just use time on=time off.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Objectives are different from one person to the next. Risk tolerance is also a factor. Read everything. This is one area you must forge your owe path. But do so in an educated manner.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Anyone realize this post is 2 years old???

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    HA! not till i read your post

Thread Information