tbizzle is offline New Member

The Effects Of Steroids On A Male Vocalist

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a career in music, but wouldn't mind putting on some mass with a light steroid cycle. The problem is, I don't want to risk screwing up my voice (or damaging my upper range) by using steroids .

Focus: I was wondering if anyone has any information, or links to articles regarding the effects of anabolic steroids on singers.

Also... does anyone know if there are any vocal-safe steroids, or protection methods?

Thanks for your time.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    If u put on mass alone, and the neck size will increase, it will make your voice deeper.
    I heard someone say steroids make the voice strein easier, which could lead to damage, but I dont remember who, or have any articles.

if youre only looking to put on light mass...no need for a cycle to risk it anyway...

just look into cleaning up your diet, refining your traning, stuff like that...

no need to risk it if you dont really have to...

what is your training experience?

thunderin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbizzle
    Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a career in music, but wouldn't mind putting on some mass with a light steroid cycle. The problem is, I don't want to risk screwing up my voice (or damaging my upper range) by using steroids .

Focus: I was wondering if anyone has any information, or links to articles regarding the effects of anabolic steroids on singers.

Also... does anyone know if there are any vocal-safe steroids, or protection methods?

Thanks for your time.
    If you have ever read the prospectus from a box of Schering Primoteston or Primobolan , there is an explicit warning on the permanent deepening of the voice of professional singers if using that product.

If your voice is your livelihood, do not risk it.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    i am also a singer, I have done heavy cycles and my singing voice never changed. In fact one thing I noticed on my first cycle was an increased sense of intonation which was pretty amazing. What is your vocal range, tenor?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer1
    i am also a singer, I have done heavy cycles and my singing voice never changed. In fact one thing I noticed on my first cycle was an increased sense of intonation which was pretty amazing. What is your vocal range, tenor?
    ^^Real-world advice.

Providing that you're post-pubertal, there is no correlation between androgens and increased thickening of the vocal chords.

..no documented correlation at least.

I've been searching for one for a couple years.. as i too am pursuing a career in music.

At the bare minimum however, i'd suggest you avoid the very highly androgenic compounds like tren .

As far as protective methods go... You need to be conscious of your breathing while training.. and your expressions of exertion.

Work on not grunting or shouting.

Both of the above place inordinate strain on the vocal chords.

Shouting: namely because we usually aren't conscious of the use of the diaphram muscles during such... Contracting the diaphram muscles (i.e. 'shouting from the diaphram', as opposed to from the throat) would prevent an over-use injury.

Grunting: Namely because sound is produced by a grating motion of the chords against each other. Grating produces scar tissue (i.e. thickening), which precedes hoarsening/deepening of the voice.

Good luck

-Narkissos

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    On the flip side if bulk up or get it cut, it may help sell more albums if you are on the cover with no shirt, i.e. llcoolj, fuel, etc.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Some people get a husky sounding voice on cycle, depending on what they take, but this goes once they stop the cycle. Steroids would probably strengthen the voice. I doubt they would affect your upper register if your voice has already broken!

chest6 is offline Banned
    If you only wanted to put on a minimum amt of LBM, then why risk it?

If you wanted to pursue bodybuilding to the best of your ability and you were also interested in a music career, I'd say try both.

It seems like you only want a few lbs of muscle. Why not try to gain it naturally before 'potentially' putting your voice at risk?

scribbs12 is offline Member
    i wouldnt risk it if i were you...if u got a great voice....why would you want to risk losing it for steroids .. even though they are great.. but hey do what you gotta do

tbizzle is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. I've been working with a clean diet, and lots of protein. I think I might actually try some light injectables some time before the summer ends.

For HardGainer1:
    Could you PM me information on some of the cycles you've done? I'd feel safer doing a cycle that has already been done by a fellow vocalist.

My vocal range is a high baritone (I have some notes from low tenor range, but sit mostly as a tenor).

Thanks for the help everyone,
    -T

Zipper is offline Associate Member
    your balls may shrink so maybe your voice will be squeaky.hahahah

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I used to take voice lessons and I love to sing. I went on HGH for 3 months and by the 2nd month I noticed I could reach high and low notes I never could before... HGH is amazing for your body all around - even your voice.

As far as steroids , I have noticed that since I began my voice has become ALOT deeper, but I can still sing high as well.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    oh man lol this would be funny. Do a before and after voice

gooer is offline Associate Member
    roids made my voice a lot deeper. i think i can sing better now. i'm a terrible singer though.

ironaddict69 is offline Senior Member
    no joke, my voice is better after doing them. Know Corey Taylor from slipknot, or stone sour he really lets his good singing voice out. i hear from multiple people i sound like him (not NEARLY as good IMHO, hes a god) but do u see what im getting at?

ddp007 is offline New Member
    Hi Tbizzle, Could you PM me information on some of the cycles you've done? I'd feel safer doing a cycle that has already been done by a fellow vocalist.

My vocal range is a tenor. My vocal range is similar to james labrie of dream theater (my highest note is a g5)

Thanks in advance

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by ddp007 View Post
    Hi Tbizzle, Could you PM me information on some of the cycles you've done? I'd feel safer doing a cycle that has already been done by a fellow vocalist.

My vocal range is a tenor. My vocal range is similar to james labrie of dream theater (my highest note is a g5)

Thanks in advance
    This thread is 7 years old and the OP hasn't logged on since 2008!!!!!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddp007 View Post

Thanks in advance
    You don't have enough posts for PM privileges... but when you do, feel free to PM me with the above question(s).
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Thread Information