Ilyich is offline New Member

Insulin questions

In an attempt to get more knowledgeble about various types "chemical assistance" I'd like to ask a few questions about insulin use for BBing.
    Ive read most of the posts on the subjects here and elsewhere however a few things remain unclear.

1. How does the anabolic effect compare to that of highly anabolic steroids ? Are strength/size gains easy to keep?

2. What other side effects are there other than possible death if sugar levels go too low (bit too much for a side effect isnt it ) In particular what are the chances of becoming diabetic from insulin use and why does one become diabetic from insulin use?

3. How does insulin affect different people? Men/women/younger/older etc? Or is insulin equally safe for any relatively healthy person if used with utmost care?

4. Is it reasonable to use insulin without any steroids ? How do you combat fat if you dont want to rely on T3 or something similar?

5. What kinda cycle strategy do people choose on insulin? Any evidence for/against long-term use?

Thanks

Ilyich

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I always run slin with a growth kit. U gota love the reults sometimes I will hit 15-20ius when im in between cycles it helps the pump and I feel like I get a better workout.

The Iron Game Guest
    the anabolic effects of slin whether direct or indirect, short term are far greater than anabolic steroids are. You will notice differences in days and within weeks you will should experience incredible pumps, strength increases and size increases.

zeeb93 is offline Junior Member
    what are the chances of becoming dependant on insulin (diabetic) from using it?

karlmone is offline New Member
    To answer your question number two as to why one becomes diabetic if you take insulin when you aren't a diabetic....
    For most hormones in your body there is something called negative feedback or feedback inhibition which means that when you have an ample enough amount of a given hormone circulating in your body this tells the producer of that hormone (in the case of insulin - the Beta cells of the pancreas) to not produce anymore of that hormone. so when you flood your body w/ too much insulin the cells that produce the insulin will permanently be shut down.

karlmone,

Do you by any chance know what the safe time frame is then? For natural levels to remain unaffected?

Ilyich

karlmone is offline New Member
    Sorry can't really help you with that. I can only tell you the theory I don't have any knowledge or experience with specific doses, but I am sure there are other people here that have knowledge/experience with that.
    All I can say is that it would be different for everyone depending on age, weight, gender, and duration and intensity of the insulin use, etc.

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member
    Insulin will not shut down your production permanently, it can however make you a type II diabetic if overused. If you would go on a no or low carb diet for a prolonged time, does that shut you down permanantly? No, so look at it like a low or no carb diet as far as the effects on your pancreas goes.
    It can make you insulin resistant a condition which effects many americans with naturally high insulin levels due to poor diet and health habits. In order to avoid that do them in short intervals of like 4-6 weeks. In between those slin cycles do omega 3's or metformin to resensitize your receptors.
    Read:
    http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_121ins.html
    Anabolic effects (i go by feel here) are like eq IMHO, specially with creatine
    You have to find out how sensitive you are to its sugar lowering effects, it varies widely, some people need 15g sugar/iu others only 7.
    I use it only without AAS as a bridge with creatine
    Use short acting slin and watch your fat intake when you are under the influence
    I would not use it long term, only the first 4-6 weeks post cycle to maintain gains, as mentioned above Type II diabetes is my worst fear.
    Dont go over 20 -30iu/day, it will make you fat

Research yor ass off before touching insulin and always start low.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Mr. Nobody; 10-30-2001 at 07:09 PM.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    slin makes me feel like shit. the gains are great, but i have an overall shiitty feeling physicaly while i am on. i also get nausiated. could i be doing something wrong? i follow all basic guidlines, documenting everything that goes into my mouth for 6 hours following injection. would love to keep using it , but it just isnt worth feeling bad all the time, mainly, i just keep an upset stomach. any suggestions?

marx is offline Member
    Originally posted by bigkev
    slin makes me feel like shit. the gains are great, but i have an overall shiitty feeling physicaly while i am on. i also get nausiated. could i be doing something wrong? i follow all basic guidlines, documenting everything that goes into my mouth for 6 hours following injection. would love to keep using it , but it just isnt worth feeling bad all the time, mainly, i just keep an upset stomach. any suggestions?
    What kind of slin are you using BIG KEV?

good info bro, and i will go to the search engine and read the article. i realize that i must be doing something wrong because it shouldnt make me feel the way it does. i have done my research enough to know that it doesnt take much to throw it off. i only went to 5 iu, so it wasnt overdosing on my part. had to have been a glitch in my diet. i use regular R.

It is suggested individuals start of with small doses and then work their way up until they determine their insulin sensitivity and hence work out their dosage.
    However how would you know when to stop? Is is it when hypo gets out of control or what?
    Isnt there a possibility that gradual increase will simply make your body adopt to higher doses?

Also has anyone on insulin considered taking chromium or something similar that has a positive effect on insulin sensitivity?

Thanks

Ilyich

Thumbs up

MR NOBODY,
    the link you posted above is an excellant read bro.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

BigKev

I feel the same way when i Take Hum-R, when using humalog(fastest acting form) I don't feel like shit, might be becasue it's anly active for 2H instead of 4. But i will say, log comes on much faster and harder than R, so you need to be careful.

marx is offline Member

BIG KEV

Try switching to Humalog...it should take away the lingering shiity feeling for the most part at least, just make sure you take all the necessary precautions when switching over like meal timing etc...

One of my friends also felt like shit any time he used R, and after switching over he says sometimes he gets it but it doesn't last near as long, although usually he feels fine...

Give it a try if you want, it should work..good luck...

marx

thanks guys, i will do that.

Thread Information