Thread: tobacco use

tomcat is offline Junior Member

tobacco use

Besides the fact that dip will remove my gums and stain my teeth, does it affect bodybuilding, and/ or muscular devolopment while on AS?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

hahah

yeah you will be huge w/ no gums and yellow teeth.girls are gonna love it.there gonna be like,"i want you huge muscles and can you gum on me, i mean go down on me?"hahaha

Gizmo is offline Junior Member

Wink

Well i don't see it have much effect on your musclegrowth
    Although Carbonmonoxide(hope that is the right english term) replaces oxygen.
    So you will have less endurance during your workout which could translate to building less lean mass
    Oh yeah..other sideffects can be lungcancer and heartdisease..but you probably knew that

Giz

tomcat is offline Junior Member
    not cigarettes, but dip. Skoal, copenhagen, rooster, u know what i mean. Chewing tobacco. Smoking, directly affects performance in the gym. Imagin tryin to get those last reps out, and... oh, shit, i'm outta breath...

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    hey bro i dip too, copenhagen snuff all the way baby, its the strongest . the only bad affect i see dip having on body building during a cycle in particular is that it lowers your appetite and you gotta eat while lifting

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    You're concerned about the outside of your body, but why not the inside? Lemme guess, you drive a japanese car with every body accessory possible, but still have the stock engine. No?

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    actually no i drive a GMC z71 truck, with a 5.7 lt engine but ya your right to some extent about worring about my body, but in retrospect, dip isnt bad compared to what alot of poeple do

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Weed isn't bad compared to crack, but you still won't catch me doing either.

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member

anybody remember this?

THIS WAS WRITTEN BY "Q" FROM THE "ROCK" BULLETIN BOARD SOME TIME AGO

A week ago I was reading an article on hormone replacement therapy, in the article it stated that women you are going through menopause or on estrogen replacement should not smoke since nicotine lowers estrogen levels. From reading this I decided to try to find out more about its anti estrogenic effects. From searching the web I found a whole slew of positive effects of nicotine. Most of the info I am writing comes from the Hippo, Hippo II and Fate of nicotine in the body reports. These are studies done on nicotine in the late 70’s.

Nicotine as an Anti-estrogen/Anti-aromatase

Nicotine works in two ways to lower estrogen levels. First it is an anti-aromatase like arimadex. Nicotine has been shown to inhibit the conversion of androstenedione and testosterone into estrogen in a study by the University of Utah School of medicine. Also unlike novadex or clomid nicotine is a true anti estrogen and not just an estrogen blocker. By this I mean that nicotine actually speeds up the degradation of blood estrogen levels. So nicotine causes a reduction in estrogen production and also decreases existing estrogen levels.

Regulation of hormone levels

When Nicotine is used on a daily basis it stabilizes the Adrenal hormones by acting on the Hypothalamus, which affects the pituitaries release of regulating hormones and increases GH release. This keeps various hormone levels stable during times of depression, or stress. That is why a smoker can have a cigarette in the morning to wake up and one at night to help relax.

When you stop using nicotine your whole endocrine system gets f_cked up. Your cortisone, and adrenaline levels take a nose dive until your natural hormone regulation takes control again. Fortunately nicotine does not seem to have a negative effect on GH release upon cessation.

Getting your natural hormone levels back in order takes about two weeks. As body builders we can use this to our advantage. When you stop a cycle you can start using nicotine. This will quickly reduce the high cortisone levels to a normal level. After coming off nicotine you can start a new cycle and take advantage of the low cortisone levels for the first two weeks

Nicotine as a smart drug
    Nicotine is a cholinergic agonist and mimics the effects of acetylcholine. It also has been shown to increase levels of neurotransmitters dopamine, nor-epinephrine, and serotonin. Dopaminergic neurons are linked to reward pathways and pleasure while serotonergic neurons are associated with anti-anxiety.
    This effect may explain the addicting property of nicotine. But they also seem to have some nootropic benefits. Studies have shown that mice perform better on mentally strenuous tasks after being given Nicotine. Nicotine also causes a release of vassopresin. This hormone is the hormone that helps imprint thoughts into long-term memory.
    Help with PGF2a

In one study nicotine was able to reduce the side effects of the prostaglandin PGF2a. In isolated canine retinal arteries partially contracted with PGF2á nicotine was added and resulted in the relaxation of those arteries without affecting the other effects of PGF2a. So in theory nicotine can be added to a PGF2a cycle to decrease intestinal discomfort.

Nicotine also seems to cause a release of prostaglandins, which favors the good prostaglandins like PGF2a.

Fat loss properties:

One study stated that Nicotine was possibly the most effective anti obesity drug available at the time that the study was performed (late 70’s). Nicotine has various properties that help in weight reduction while sparing muscle.

Reduced appetite:
    Nicotine inhibits food intake via three mechanisms, first it elevated Adrenalin and Nor-adrenalin levels which reduces appetite. Next Nicotine itself has been shown to reduce the craving for carbohydrates. Great addition to a ketogenic diet.

Thermogenic effects:
    The release of Adrenalin and Nor-adrenalin also cause a thermogenic effect similar to that of ECA.

Actual fat reduction:
    Nicotine stimulates a very rapid mobilization of fatty deposits. This happens as quickly as 10 minutes after administration. The lipids are mobilized and free fatty acids are released in the blood stream in great amounts. The free fatty acids diminish quickly due to an unknown action of nicotine. Nicotine seems to help the body use the FFA’s for energy in an accelerated fashion.

To recap Nicotine has an eight-fold weight loss effect on the system.

1.Reduction of overall appetite
    2.Reduced craving for carbs
    3.Thermogenic effect
    4.Fatty deposit mobilization
    5.Stimulation of FFA degradation
    6.Estrogen reduction
    7.Prostaglandin release
    8.Growth hormone release
    Negative aspects of Nicotine:
    I have talked about all the good things that nicotine does but what are the negative effects? Well I know everyone is thinking cancer right? Wrong, nicotine is not the cancer-causing agent in cigarettes. It is just the addictive chemical that makes you intake the 2000 or so carcinogens in tobacco. I am not talking about smoking here; use the gum or the patches. Nicotine does have some negative effects though:
    Negative effects of Nicotine:
    1.Decreased Vit. C
    2.Decreased Vit. E
    3.Increased VLDL
    4.Decreased HDL
    5.Addictive properties
    6.And all the typical sides of stimulants
    So to counteract these just make sure you take extra vitamin C and E and watch your saturated fat intake. As for the addictive properties well that’s up to you.

poppapump58 is offline Member
    I read an article in mens health that said tabacco was shown to lower testosterone . Maybe you should wait until after your workouts to dip.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    First time you hear the word gum or mouth CANCER from an MD you'll wish you'd have never started. I've personally seen a man with only half a face when dip caused mouth cancer and they basically cut it out. Bro just quit now and take care of yourself.

STRIKEYAOUT is offline New Member
    Bro, a trainer of mine told me to try and stop dipping during the offseason when I am lifting the most. He said the affects of the additives in the dip counter act all the lifting and supplements that I am taking. The enbalming fluid and the battery acid, affect your bodies ability to absorb vitamins and proteins as needed. I dip like a mother too and have done good while I have been lifting. I have also noticed that after about the first week the cravings go away and your appetite explodes. An easier way to quit is what I heard.... one good pinch is equal to smoking 22 cigs. And I was almost going through a can of Cope a day. Good Luck getting through it!

HazyA is offline Junior Member
    I know this is a very old thread, put I was searching under cortisone(trying to kept as much as I can after my first cycle), anyway after reading what mr. nobody wrote about nicotine I have a question. I have been dipping for the past 4yrs, and I am ready to quit, I am wondering if I should stop at the begining of my cycle or wait till the end to take advantage of the surge in cortisone since my levels will be rising after I stop the riods. Anybody have a view of this? Thanks

HazyA is offline Junior Member
    noone can help?

wood is offline Associate Member
    I dip too, so what your telling me is to quit overall, I understand that but while playing a sport where most of my teammates do it is hard. I have tried the patch b4 and it worked for a month or longer. Would that be better than actual dip while on cycle?

nails55 is offline New Member
    Brush your teeth alot, so they look good when they fall out.

bitchtits is offline Associate Member

DIPPING!!!!!

Besides the fact that dipping KILLS your gums and your teeth. Nicotine use, smoking or dipping, decreases oxygen to muscle thus decreasing blood circulation, BELIEVE me on this...
    Also nicotine use will increase your heart rate and put an additional strain on your body. Steriods will put a strain on your body why add another???
    Try to quit bro!!!
    -EC

Thread Information