Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member

Customs/P.O.Boxes

I just had two packages snagged in the last month.
    I need as new addresse and i dont have anybody i can confide in.
    Do u guyz recommend PO boxes.What r ur experiences w/them any info. would help
    thanx

4plates is offline Banned
    if you do get a po box make sure you get a big box.the regular boxes are pretty small so the po holds bigger packages in the back and you have to ask for them.i personally am chicken shit to ask for a pack with somthing illegal in it.
    id rateher it be put right in my box

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I really dont know why somebody would use a p.o box. You already got the government in it. I wouldnt take a chance with that. Ive known alot of good people that has got busted that way.

4plates is offline Banned
    Originally posted by titanstigers333
    I really dont know why somebody would use a p.o box. You already got the government in it. I wouldnt take a chance with that. Ive known alot of good people that has got busted that way.

whats the diffrence if it goes from the post office to a po box or from the post office to your house?
    it first goes to the post office and the government is involved either way.
    just curious as to why you say this!

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    4plates I agree with ya bro .. I get mine sent to a po box ... but you are right either way they are involved... I dont use a regular post office .. but rather a place like mailboxes etc ... also try to get someone else to put it in their name .. whether it be a fake id .. or false name ...

Gear101 is offline Member
    Originally posted by 4plates

whats the diffrence if it goes from the post office to a po box or from the post office to your house?
    it first goes to the post office and the government is involved either way.
    just curious as to why you say this!
    but my wife won't find it and toss it.. lol but true

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Im just saying from what I seen. I know people all the time that gets there stuff ship to there house and dont get busted. But like I said, Ive known quite a bit of guys getting busted with P.O Boxes. Just going with experince. Governement thing, shit I dont even know what I was thinking about that. Your right 4 plates.

adaptations is offline Member
    Im not gonna explain where i get mine sent to, i dont know who reads this BUT, i can say that theres no dif getting it delivered to your house or a PO box....eitherway yoor still usig the USPS to transport illegal substances...and THEY WILL use that against you.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    FedEx and UPS are the largest carriers of illegal drugs and cash in the world. They spot check containers unless they have a tip on a large illegal shipment comming and that doesn't include gear for a cycle. So if you want to send anything (guns, drugs, gear, cash) stick with the private carriers.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    PO boxes are great...I also agree with 4 plates..make sure you get a bigger box..and you will have no probs.

adaptations is offline Member
    MBect...is great...there so nice there!!! LOL

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    bump

timgun is offline New Member
    how much do they charge at mailboxes etc....

xcelbeyond is offline Junior Member
    I use a PO Box under a legitimate business name. Haven't had ANY problems (most orders I do are international) until this month. Had a package from Europe snagged by customs at JFK!

xcel

thats were mine was snagged JFK

does anyone know how much for a po box..........and what size to get?
    i would prefer one at mailboxes etc, i hear they are good.

bupity bumpin

yeh what type of prices are we looking at

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member
    Why don't more people use fed ex and ups to ship gear? i'm sure people would add the shipping cost on top of what they pay for gear if it was gonna show up in less than a week. Ups and fed ex ship world wide.

Please explain this to a noob as far as shipping goes.
    Del

E Ripped is offline New Member
    I feel that if you are the least bit worried about recieving AS at your residence, a P.O. box is the best way to go. You get 24 hour convenience to pick up your packages up, meaning you can drop in anytime to get your package.
    Rates for rental at Mailbox etc. are:
    6 months $60.00
    12 months $120.00
    ** check to see if your local franchise has any current specials because I know that many times they offer specials on mailbox rental.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    My feelings on this, are, if someone say has a PO box, I think it would be suspicious if not easier for someone to follow you to and from the Post Office, where as, I check my mail everyday at my house. Normal routine. To me going to the Post office to check my PO box for something other just looks suspicious and more risky. However, if you do get a package sent to a PO box, and say that you would go at night, I am sure that you could always say that no one was there to give the package back to, therefore you waited until the next business day to give back to the PO.
    I have heard that PO boxes are looked upon more suspiciously than mail boxes. I talked to a Mail man and he told me this himself, that anything with a PO box in teh addy, (especially in the from addy), is a flag. Legally, however, they have to have a search warrant to open your package, or setup some sort of sting operation. I would think that if you did receive a pack at home, it would be easier to hide it and the risk of driving off with a package with something contained in it, until you do get to your destination is enough risk for most. But most of us here dont' have anything to worry about, cause I myself, don't particpate in these sorts of activities. I just read alot and listen to other people's opinions and ideas on the subject. So what do I know.. LOL

E Ripped is offline New Member
    Sicilian-I understand your skepticism concerning P.O. boxes. However many people and companies have a need or desire to establish a mailing address separate of their current residence, not only illegal activity. These needs might include:
    -A drop ship address for mail order.
    -A seperate address for a division of a company.
    -A secure address for a receipt of parcels.
    -A permanent address for people constantly on the go.
    -A United States address for business overseas.
    -And another one I can think of is my first year at college I used a P.O. box because I lived in the dorms and due to the mailing service, it was recuired.
    There are many legit reasons one may desire a P.O. box. I feel that if you are a bit nervous this is the best way. I have heard of many people getting busted at their homes recieving AS from the mailman as opposed to not one person that I have heard of getting busted recieving AS at a P.O. box.

adamar71 is offline New Member
    here's what i know for fact. i have a buddy who just got in a little trouble and he had a p.o. box. you don't ever have to touch it physically, and you will still get charged with possession. there are 4 degrees of this type of felony and gear is 3rd degree. whether it's a p.o. box or your home mail box, it is still the usps and if your gear is coming from outside of the country then that involves not only the postal inspector, but also customs. at that point it is now a federal charge, not state. so either way it goes, like adaptations said, they will charge you and the charge is usually possession of a dangerous controlled substance. they can charge you with possession even if you never touched the package b/c of some drug lord law. all i can tell you is be careful. that law sucks, b/c what if someone else is using your address or someone decides they want you to get in trouble? they could just send you some gear through the mail and you get charged for something you may have had nothing to do with. big box, little box, it doesn't matter.

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member
    why not just skip the usps? ahhh, this makes no sense

Thread Information