Thread: rebound effect

Jamisun is offline Associate Member

rebound effect

If novla is run throughout the cycle to prevent bloat and gyno is there a risk of a rebound effect once the novladex stops? IF novla is run this way, should clomid still be run post cycle. I remember a post by cycleon about switching novla for clomid. If I can run novla throughout, and use it post cycle what dosages should I use and for how long?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would use Nolva through post cycle recovery but I would use Clomid as well. Estrogen rebound hasn't been a big problem with me especially after clomid therapy since levels are starting to even out naturally. Other's may have had different experiences.
    Last edited by Rickson; 08-16-2002 at 11:47 PM.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    bump..I'd like to hear a little more if anyone has some info.

Jamisun is offline Associate Member
    bump

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Jamisun

Here's a copy of one of my responses on a thread. Apparently, there can be a rebound effect. One of the guys in my gym was talking about his experience with gyno which was a result of the rebound effect of built up estrogen. This is why I asked about proviron being used instead of nolvadex , which you said could be substituded for clomid:

Proviron inhibits the aromitization of testosterone to estrogen while Nolvadex blocks the estrogen from doing any harm by blocking the estrogen receptors (estrogen antagonist).

The good and the bad:

Nolvadex is good to have on hand if you begin to have gyno symptoms, because it blocks the estrogen. By the time you see any bad symptoms due to estrogen, it's too late to use an aromitization inhibitor such as Proviron.

Again, Nolvadex does not control the amount of estrogen, it just blocks it from getting to receptors, so after you stop using Nolvadex, there might be a lot of estrogen still in your system that can do harm.

Think of it like this:

Proviron prevents the fire from starting. Nolvadex supresses/temporarily extinguishes the fire after it has already begun.

Hope this helps you.

Here's the link to where this post comes from:
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...936#post226936

djsir007 is offline Associate Member
    Hey all,
    So would you say it would be a smart idea to run your anti-e's like nolva or letrozole several weeks post cycle?

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    good info BASK8CASE, nice read.

Thread Information