Unhappy Lower back pains.... what's it from?

I'm on my third cycle now, and I have never experienced this before. My lower back started to hurt pretty bad during the first week. It still aches like crazy! What am I doing wrong??

My cycle currently is:

Test Prop 100 mg ed for first two weeks, but then I ran out and switched to Enanthate at 200mg eod. Winny tabs at 50mg ed (just started those yesterday because they took so damn long to come in!!!! The back pain started before them). Insulin ed postworkout (started that yesterday as well, tapering up from 5 IUs to test my tolerance).

What's the deal????

Thanks!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Maybe the 17aa from the Winny?? Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and take your milk thistle and cranberyy extract!!!

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    What is the training like? Are you getting some good strength gains? Especially on squats, could be too much for your back to handle.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Back pain started b4 the winny was added

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Maybe the 17aa from the Winny?? Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and take your milk thistle and cranberyy extract!!!

sambostyle is offline New Member
    GO to a doctor,
    If you're experiencing serious lower back pain you could be suffering from any one of a list of injuries. If it's one of the more serious ones that's causing the pain it might be in your best interest to stop lifting or seek physical therapy. Gear is an important part of growing, but it isn't the cause of and solution to all of your problems. Odds are you got careless with your form and tweaked something. Go to a doctor on this one.

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member
    Could it be lower back fatique from the prop, similar to d-bol pumps as in rapid water gain ?

Rukkus is offline Junior Member
    i would get off the winny tabs and switch to injects that should put an end to your probleme. if not take a fiew ibprofin along with your winni. that should help with the pain.

Probably from the strength gains....

Since I started the cycle, I have put over 110lbs on my leg presses (the one where you sit down and press the big plate). But I don't think that excercise stresses your lower back, does it? I have also put on 50lbs onto my squat.... that could be it. Do any of those lower back pain medications work??? What about Glucosamine or whatever... that joint stuff????

Lata

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    MSM is a good joint supplement that can be bought at most supplement stores, like GNC for one. Try doing specific exercises to strengthen your lower back. Like deads with lower weight and perfect form. Also, there's that exercise where you put your feet in the stirrups, lie down on the table, hold a weight to your chest, and lift your torso with your lower. Go for high reps.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Yes, it CAN be the exercise . . .

I agree with Sambostyle - go to a doctor. He'll probably recommend an X-ray of the lower (lumbar) spine, assuming that's where your back pains are - and the lumbar spine is the most common area for back pain (which is why you see so many commercials that refer to "lower back pain").

Two factors to be considered include your age and weight. As you get older, a lot of back pain is related to arthritis (which you do not have to have in your fingers or joints, nor do you have to bea senior citizen) or potential arthritis. The most common area for lower back pain is in the L4-L5 and L5-S1 regions (fourth and fifth lumbar vertabrae, first sacral vertabrae - the sacral vertabrae are below the lumbar, which are below the thoracic vertabrae, which are below the cervical vertabrae).

An X-ray will indicate whether you have any significant degeneration developing in the lumbar region. (Depending on the results of the X-ray, your doctor may want to follow up with a CT scan or MRI of the lower spine.)

As to your question, IMO (for what it's worth), glucosamine is largely a matter of hype. Ditto the glucosamine-condroitin combinations that are being marketed today, whether oral (pills) or topical (creams). Some people swear by them, others think they're a crock. (Sorry, guys, I'm in the second group.)
    For back pain, I think that one of the best medications is still Naproxen (prescription name Naprosyn, available over the counter in low-dose form as Aleve), although the long-term use of Naproxen can have negative renal (kidney) effects. Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc.) is also prescribed for lower back pain, usually as 600 mg. four times a day. (The 600 mg. strength is available by prescription; the over-the-counter strength of Motrin is 200 mg. per pill, and you can simply take three of them.) But the bottom line is, see a doctor.

Assuming from your user name that you're fairly young, I doubt that your'e seeing the beginnings of arthritis at this point, but it's best to have an X-ray to rule it out. My guess is that it's not the AS, but more likely pulling a muscle when you were lifting.

4plates is offline Banned
    leg presses with more weight than you can handle will definitly wrench you lower back.believe me.i know.

fastman is offline New Member
    The lower back pain I get is from my hamstrings getting too tight. I had to go see a phsical therapist last year and they fixed me up in a few sessions. Ever since if I go a few days without stretching my hamstrings it starts to hurt again. Don't want to go to a pt again so I try to keep them loose, kinda sucks getting older.

I also would look at other things before the AS.

Go see a doctor or a pt as soon as you can since they can get you fixed up a lot faster and check to see if any real damage has been done.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Fantastic info guys! This board should be on jeapordy for the all shit it knows!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i had a stress fracture of the L-4 vert

and if you had anything even as slight as that you would know.i could even walk or sit down.i'm sure it's purely muscular.have you tried electric stim to get blood flowing to the area?stay warm when you work out, use good posture when using the leg press, and keep blood flowing to the area.if all else fails get an bone scan, but i seriously doubt that's neccesary.

Thanks for all the info!

I am pretty convinced its just my body adjusting to the new stress of lifting more weight. I am seeing my doc on friday to have him take a look and see what it is.

Thanks, bros!

Thread Information