babi is offline Associate Member

anabolic question

what do u guys do to manipulate your system to going to a anabolic phase besides the eating 6 meals a day?as in a lot of other things timing is very important in bb too. canyou give some explonation about when to take what and how much of it to take etc?is eating and sleeping at exact times important as well. please fill in anything relavant to the subject.i think a lot of times we get the quick fix by taking steroids but i wanna to maximixe all the oportunities to grow as much as possible withouth them so when i take them i use them to take me to that extra step rather then having take me where i could have gone on my own
    ps;i have taken roids b4 but i always wanna better my diet and training so i can continue to make good progress

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro those are all really good questions but I think that would be way too much info to try to put in one post. Research each topic looking on the Nutrition board and doing some experimentation on yourself since everyone needs different levels of rest and recovery to maximize gains. I have been lifting for thirteen years and still find myself learning new things about the way I respond.

NoLimits is offline Member
    I wouldn't say that using steroids is a "quick fix". Without proper training, nutrition and rest, gear will just be a waist. And like Rickson said, everybody is different. You have to learn how your body responds to food. How to stress each muscle with changing workouts and how AS effects your body. Just sticking you ass will not make you grow.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Bro, like Rickson said; there is a lot of info out there on this topic to put in one post. But here are a few quick things that you might want to check out.

If you are trying to put on mass (which most here seem to be), it is important to get quality complex carbs (whole wheat breads, oatmeal, bran cereal, pasta, etc) in your first two meals of the day (keep in mind this applies to someone eating AT LEAST 5 good meals daily).
    Also, it is a good idea to take a piece of fruit and some juice or gatorade to the gym with you, and down them right after you finish training. This will give your body a quick refill before you get home to eat a good balanced protein/carb meal.

Also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day, many will tell you to drink 1.5 to 2 gallons (I drink at least 2 a day). As a result of the water, you'll definitely wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak (maybe 2 or 3 times). Anyway, during one of those times would be a good chance to throw down a snack that is high in protein, like yogurt or cottage cheese.

Finally, make sure you are sleeping 8 hours/night. I personally shoot for 9 since my bladder wakes me up a couple of times and I detour to the fridge during one of those bathroom trips.

babi is offline Associate Member
    trimunex thats some kind of dedication you have waking up in the middle of the night and making regular trips to the fridge lol

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Anything to help put on the weight.... =

Thread Information