CatGrabber is offline Member

Blew my ankle out BAD..now what!? 2 weeks in!

Yes, I did just that. Shadowboxing like a fool this past Sat and I twisted my ankle so bad I cant even hobble to the bathroom for a shit. Its twice the size it was. Anyhow, my questions are, how many of you have strained you ankle and if so, how long did it take to heal? Did gear help? Can gear help?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Let a doctor handle this one.

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    Hey Bro..
    Had a level two sprain first day of my first cycle... Back to normal in around two months... I however was under alot of supervision as I am a collegete athlete. I continued to powerlift after it happened just got a massive tape job done to it everyday and I was fine... Be sure to ice 3-4 times a day....
    good luck
    Tex

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sorry to hear that. I am with Excess if it is twice its normal size time for a trip to the doctor. Tell us what he says and then we will try and help with any other advice.

Off to the doctor

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Ice for the reduction of swelling and Heat to promote healing.
    But im sure the Doc will tell you this.
    Ill just add one more thing to you original question.
    I have shitty elbows and one bum shoulder and i am sure you have read what deca can do for Joints. it is very True helps my bum joints.
    Let us know what the Doctor says

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    See a doctor just to make sure it is just a sprained ankle

$uperman is offline Member
    i dont wanna sound like an asshole but if my ankle swole up twice its size and i couldnt walk , the first thing i would do is go to the doctor. that would be common since to me bro , wouldnt need to ask anyone. good luck anyhow , i hope for the best

McBain is offline Member
    See a doctor and exaggerate the pain so you can get in ASAP. Fight to get an MRI done and an xray. You want to know what you are dealing with.

In terms of stuff _you_ can do to help yourself. This is what I would recommend but I am no doctor so you should run this by a doctor.

1) Get a bucket and fill it with ice and water. Soak your foot for 10minutes, 6 times a day. This will significantly help the healing process. The reasons ligaments and tendons heal so slowly is due to their lack of a steady blood supply, the ice will cause an increase in blood flow to the area and hence speed up healing. I just had a buddy who fucked up his ankle bad who did this and he is healing real fast.

2) Flexall. Great stuff get the liquid. Throw it on there 2-3 times daily

3) DMSO. I use it for my wrist, it helps a lot. Make sure your skin is clean when applying and don't get it on anything. Also make sure you don't put too much on or it will irritate your skin

4) Rest.

5) Once your doc gives you the ok see a physical therapist and get some exercises to strengthen the muscles. One legged squats are great for ankles.

6) See a massage therapist to help with the healing. Make sure it's a good one though.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

damn cat

i'm not fucking w/ you!!if your shadow can fuck you up then you must be badass!!!!!

$uperman is offline Member

Re: damn cat

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    i'm not fucking w/ you!!if your shadow can fuck you up then you must be badass!!!!!
    yeah no kidding huh , this dude must be serious if his shadow put it on him. haha

I thought I could go back into my boxing mode for a few minutes. Like I did when I was training for a fight, so I was jumping around throwing punches and thets when I ate it...."CRACK". Im up to 254 from 240 at this point and I feel like I have weights on all limbs, definatly differant from my boxing training. Ill post pictures and show you the differance in my body while training in the 2 sports. I look like I got cancer when I was training to fight. Needless to say I like BB better by far. The workouts arent as fun, but the results are.

Thread Information