Tayman is offline Junior Member

Speed and Football

Here is a quick question for everyone
    I have been lurking here for quite a while© I never bothered to register a username since most of my quetions were answered by simply reading©
    I am a college athlete and I have been training natural for quite some time ¥about 4-5 years¤© I am 22 years old© I don't want to give to much info for obvious reason©

Either way, here is my dilemna© I have finally decided to give AS a try© I would like to lower my body fat percentage and increase my speed© So for my first cycle I want something simple© It needs to be out of my system relatively quickly as well© I've read quite a bit about certain type of AS, but I haven't decided what I am going to try for my first cycle©

I will give more information if you need it as long as it isn't to revealing©©©

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    winny will make you faster, and help lose bf%

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by footballcat
    and help lose bf%
    No it won't

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Pete thanks you beat me to it.

Tayman,

I see this question up here alot "about speed and AS"
    The Question is more a matter of training than anything else. If you do not train correctly for speed specifically you will not get faster.
    For Info on how to train for speed read the articles at www.elitefts.com
    or read over the post in the powerlifting forum here at AR.

OK This brings me to another point can any body show me proof that winny will increase speed more than any other AS? I doubt it, If you do not train for speed AS are not going to help that much speed has more to do with nueromuscular coordination and AS will not accomplish that if it's not there in the first place. There are many Winny/AS users that are slow as shit.
    I know Ben Johnson was caught using winny and smashed a world record with it but main difference between Ben Johnson and the average AS user = Ben dedicated many years to training for speed, get it he trained specifically for speed.
    YOU MUST TRAIN SPECIFICALLY FOR SPEED !!!!

xxxl83
    Last edited by xxxl83; 08-21-2002 at 02:57 PM.

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    football practice has a huge amount of speed work. i say go with winny. ive known people that have used it to help them with athletic situations involving speed and they had very very good results.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    No matter what kind of gear you take in hopes of increasing your speed, your gym time and dry land training will dictate how fast your gonna be IMO....... Personally I think that resistance runs along with running hills/stairs has helped my increases in speed in the past the best

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Fullback57
    Personally I think that resistance runs along with running hills/stairs has helped my increases in speed in the past the best
    Exactly, I played ball for 5 years and can atest to the fact that I increased my speed through running hills and stairs on top of the normal training we did. Good luck!

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    my first test cycle i did was last year and my speed increased from a 5.09 40 to a 4.95 time. that was in about a 12 week period. i also went from 236 to 254 that cycle. I dont believe that speed was i direct product from the test but rather a bi product from intense training,dieting and lifting. the first shot i took i thouhgt i was superman. i ran forever. so maybe juice motivated me to work harder = faster speed,i was already running rast for my size but being 250 running a 4.9 was great in my eyes,i am now 267 and run a 4.92, about to start another cycle and hope to get to 275 and run a 4.8-4.89

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Winny is not the best drug if you get tested.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    I thank everyone, for i just keep hearing what winny does, and how much it helps you get faster. Sorry for that post, thanks for correcting me Pete

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    for speed take some pages from elite track athletes. do some of the training that they do. You wanna get faster, then you should be doing overspeed training as well as resisistance runs. you wanna get quicker (better acceleration)? Plyometrics and ballistic training. Technique also has to do with it. Get a few books on the matter. A good one is "Sports Speed" (?) I think it is called.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Get yourself a pair of strength shoes....

M

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    my senior year (2001), me and my friend terry started getting behind his truck and would take turns being behind the steering wheel while the other pushed the truck from stop sign to stop sign,lets just say i had my fair share of attention with doing that, two newspapers and 1 channel came to watch me push that damn truck,and that was the best thing i ever did for my football career.

thejoe_l is offline New Member
    NO ROID WILL MAKE YOU QUICKER, BUT WILL HELP WITH OVERALL PERFORMANCE. LIKE THE OTHER MEMBERS SAID, RUNNING UP HILL DOING STAIRS AND ALSO NO ONE MENTIONED WEIGHT YOUR SELF DOWN AND DO QUICK SPRINTS. THATS A SURE WAY TO MAKE YOURSELF QUICKER. I DID THIS AND I WAS MUCH FASTER..THE COACH WANTED TO KNOW WHAT I DID DURING THE SUMMER TO MAKE SUCH AN IMPROVEMENT. (THIS WAS WAY BACK WHEN I WAS IN HIGHT SCHOOL OF COURSE...BUT IT STILL APPLIES)

Thread Information