Thread: what do I say?

eclypz is offline New Member

what do I say?

Hey Guys,

Just a simply complex question Ive been wanting to ask for a long time. I've been considering doing a cycle after studying everything for the past year now, and Ive come now to the ecological and social aspects of whether or not to do it.

For one thing I am signed up for a weight training class at my college, and the other thing is I work closely with a group of people at my work. Im curious how other shave handled this dilemma. What do I mean? Well, if within a matter of 10 weeks I gain 20+pounds of muscle, people are going to be wondering. My coach would be pissed if he found out. He wouldnt say much at first he would actually be proud of his work for me(of course the guy doesnt know squat but he would think it was because of him) but after a while pound after pound just keeps coming on, Im sure he would start to wonder and freak out about it.

At work, I work in a department of seven people and we're all pretty close knit. Its not some nameless faceless place, but a place of comradery. Unfortunately, everyone in that office freaked when I started bringing my creatine to work, and saw me popping some eca pills.

Im really frustrated and trying to solve this dilemma. Has anyone else dealt with this before? And I dont think the standard "oh I just started taking creatine" would work, or would it?

any input would be greatly appreciated...

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    if you need cover that badly, then tell them you made DRASTIC changes to your routine, diet, and supplement array.

you would be surprised how many people that dont know bodybuilding believe this. not that they are ignorant, they are just uninformed on how things work, because they have no interest in it.

peace bb79

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Just tell them your taking lots of protein and Celltech
    No but seriously do what barbells said.
    But remember. The ppl in the gyms that are educated about weight lifting will probably be able to tell.
    That's something that you yourself have to decide.
    And I always tell people that if your that afraid of people suspecting your steriod use....Then DON'T take em.
    GoodLuck,

M

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    mbaraso brings up a valid point, the knowledgable bros and gals in the gym WILL know, and like he said, if its a huge issue for you, then dont take them.
    if the bros in the gym recognize your plight, then you might have more "friends" than you need, so keep it low key, at least while youre on.

peace bb79

little-man-zane is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro i don't think you need anyone to tell you what to do...cause i think you have already made up your mind. Sounds to me like you want to do it..but are worried what others will think of you. The only thing i will tell you is not to do it if your not 100% sure and able to accept the responabilites and effects that accompany AAS.

Good luck bro!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    bump to the other bros post...its your decision, and if you are worried that much about what other people think maybe you should wait a while. If you are heartset on doing AAS now then accept the fact that people will ask questions and just be prepeared to answer them confidently, however you choose.

good luck bro

symatech

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    When you get huge, questions will come. Be prepared and don't freak out. When the women start flocking your way, a few comments from some guys won't bother you a bit. But like was said in the earlier post, if you are worrying about what people say then maybe you should wait.

Good luck

demetri is offline Member
    People at work were giving me funny looks when I was bringing my sups in so I stopped.

I get lots of questions about my lunch so I eat alone. I find it less irritating. Even when I was clean things were weird, people will find you intimidating but if you're concerned about people talking then don't do it.

I've never been asked about steriods point blank at work. The way I see it if I do my job then it's nothing they need to worry about. If it interferes with my job then we all need to worry....though I'm sure people have talked and lots of them think I'm using.

Go for it, I doubt that your coach will be that disappointed. Maybe you should talk to your coach about it.

What I think happens mostly at my work is people are frustrated to see someone succeed where they have failed. My workplace if filled with failed dieters who like to barrage me with questions bordering on an interrogation. I’ve since closed the subject with most of them.

4plates is offline Banned
    tell you accidently shrank all of your shirts.thats what i say ,people laugh and the subject is changed

thriler42 is offline New Member
    I have a physical handicap from birth,and have always been small when i started using ,i got questions, but mostly pats on the back,and"keep up the good work" praise..as said earlier most people on the street are uninformed...so they notice but move on...and rather than say anything and be wrong they just wonder... and guys in the gym..some will know,others will wonder, alot will think...wow! and yes the ladies do notice the changes. so if ur serious about it and are willing to eat,sleep,and crap,getting big......go for it and keep us posted.

eclypz is offline New Member
    Very Nice Guys,

I appreciate the feedback on this...

Here is the deal. I've never really been concerned about what other people think. Okthats bullshit, i think we all give a crap to one extent or another even though admitting it can be difficult sometimes...

But that's not the case. At least that's not my priority. My boss is an ex-highschool counselor. IF anyone is grossly misinformed it owuld be him. And if anyone were to overreact it would be him. And if anyone were to ask for a piss test, well you get the idea....

I came up with a plan. For the first month, I will take a month off during the winter semester...I will start bringing in even more supplements to work, I will start being really open about creatine, glutamine, things of that nature, relaly push the fact that Im working hard on getting big...

thanks alot guys, I figured this thread would have died before it began and I wa sproven wrong, delightfully...

inertia is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by 4plates
    tell you accidently shrank all of your shirts.thats what i say ,people laugh and the subject is changed
    brilliant , this works so well you wouldnt believe. good one as silly as it may be

VOODOO316 is offline New Member
    I AGREE WITH EVERYBODY ELSE. IT'S YOUR CHOICE AND YOU SHOULD DO WHAT YOU WANT FOR YOURSELF OTHERS WILL WONDER BUT WHO CARE AS LONG AS YOUR DOING WHAT YOU WANT YO DO.

K Dog is offline Associate Member
    Hell I haven't done a cycle yet and the people at work and at the gym give me a hard time about using. Heck I just let them think what they want. Sometimes I play their game and agree with them. This way when I do cycle it's no big deal. Around here people think "roids" is a magic pill that changes you from a fat slob to a Ronnie Coleman instantly. Im 6'2" and weigh about 215lbs. I keep telling everyone I want 240 and then start the cutting. They see me on the scales so it shouldn't be a big deal for me! Good Luck Bro!

K Dog is offline Associate Member
    VooDoo316 I love the avatar!!!! Do you have bulldogs?Just Curious! There the best!

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Fina. Problem solved.

Thread Information