tryingtogain is offline Member

steriods and prohormones. how are they chemically different? if they both test

steriods and prohormones. how are they chemically different? i mean they both convert into testoterone so how are they differnt? im talking about oral roids and oral prohormones

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    prohormones are precursors, meaning they contain steroid hormones, they have alot of the same thing in them, just the prohormones may be missing a key ingredient or what not ( im no chemist..lol)...alot of prohormones such as nor andro..they are not nandrolone like deca , but supposedly convert to nandrolone when it enters ur body and passes thru the liver...hope this helps bro

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well this is a very tough question to explain chemically, and trust me I am not chemist. So I will give it a go on what I know and have learned about both, remember again, I am no chemists but I have been weight training and taking these sorts of things for about 10 or so years.
    Okay first off prohormones are mostly androstein based. Which means they go into your body as that. Androstein has to be broken down to a hormonal level so your body can process it as hopefully that great wonderful hormone Testosterone . Now there is such a thing called half life, but I will explain that later.
    Okay most AS go into your body as a straight hormone. Therefore your body processes it as that. Androstein is just one of the chains your body has to go thru to break the hormone down. Testosterone for instance is Test, Andro is not, it is one of the chemicals "down the chain of hormones" your body has to process it to hopefully acheive testosterone. Then still there is that percentage of the Andro chemical not being processed as test, and some of it can and will also get processed as estrogen some the body will reject and die out in the liver and so forth.
    Now there is a thing called half life and blood consistancy. I think Androstein could and possibly work as well as some AS, but the biggest problem with this is half life and blood consistancy.
    For example, Andro has a half life of about 30 mintues. So this means you would have to pop an andro pill every 30 mintues to even keep the blood levels constant, then at that there is no guarantees that your body will process all of it as testosterone.
    Everyone thinks that just because you are taking a "muscle altering chemical", that you will grow and grow and grow and look like Arnold in 6 weeks. That of course is not true. The object here is keeping the chemical (AS, prohormone) at constant levels, so that you can see results and gain. Testosterone and most AS have a chemical advantage, due to their long flowing or short flowing esters. This is a chemical chain that tells the body how and when to process it. Andro unfortunately does not have this advantage. It has a chemical hinderance if you will. Due to this, you can not keep blood levels constant enough for Andro to work like an AS, and if you did, popping a pill every 30 mintues would be very harmful to the liver needless to say.
    I know guys that swear by prohormones, and yes they have proven to raise test levels, but face it, not like AS. AS as stated before, have the chemical advantage and it is easier for one to keep blood levels consistant than prohormones. Chemically they sorta similar, but at the same token, they are alot of ways different. And that is where the seperation of AS and Prohomrones lies.

wow thanks alot. nice info. will i grow more body hair if i take andro i hope not.i would do AS but i have no sources.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    nicely put bro.

why cant they make a steriod that dissolves in your mouth like some of the prohormones do?

also i thought prohormones had a half life of 2 to 3hrs

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by tryingtogain
    why cant they make a steriod that dissolves in your mouth like some of the prohormones do?
    Well they do, dbol tabs, winny tabs, anavar , etc. are you afraid of needles? Anyone will tell you if you are going to expect great gains, you are not going to find it in that "magic Pill", it takes hard work, dedication, devotion, and tons of self dicipline.
    No flame my friend, but I think you are seaking a shortcut to getting big or whatever your goals are. I have taken prohormones for years, and well, if prohormones are so close to AS, then why still have AS around? there is just no comparision, AS are molecularly different in alot of ways giving them advantages over PH. Now I am not saying in no way shape or form, to go out and take AS, I am simply trying to answer your question. Popping a pill is not going to give you the gains and results you want. It takes alot more than that amigo. Stick around do some research, and trust me, if you have an open mind, you will learn and gain alot of knowledge from some of the other bruthers here. This board is a wealth of knowledge.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    good post

k thanks i just dont have any sources were i can get my hands on AS :-(

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by tryingtogain
    k thanks i just dont have any sources were i can get my hands on AS :-(
    And if anybody contacts you because of this thread/post, ignore it!! No real source would EVER contact you offering to sell you something, they will only scam you and take your money.

Be careful with what you say things like this on the board bro. This one is borderline as far as the rules about "asking for sources" go. Just use your head next time.

Thread Information