Rugby13 is offline Member

Any suggestions to food for the student life while on AS??

I can only have two planned meals a day due to me being at school the entire day. What can I do to get at least two more decent meals in during the day to help my AS cycle out? I'm thinking of taking a couple cans of tuna or shredded chicken to school. Any other suggestions??
    Last edited by Rugby13; 08-21-2002 at 05:56 PM.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Try making some pasta and adding the tuna to it. I eat that all the time. Pasta, tuna, olive oil and alot of garlic. Good meal and filling. U can also add the chicken and make it the same way.

Pick up some coldcuts from the supermarket and make sandwiches the night before or in the morning and take them with u. I do that also. Cause paying for two lunches during the day is expensive! PB & J is also good. Hope this helps

OG

Thanks....great help.

little-man-zane is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro i'm in the same boat....

What i do is before i go to bed at night..is to cook everything the next day has in turns of meals. That way i bring everything with me and no matter where i am i can eat. I also bring a pre-mixed shake or a bar for inbetween if i can't be home for awhile. I carry i water bottle wherever i go...and extra protein powder cause if i get a smoothy i get them to add it in.

Basically i'm carrying around a luggage bad all day.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    Tuna get old, real quick ill tell you that, i just eat it stright, and as fast as possible

Thanks little-man-zane, I was just wondering, what type of foods do you prepare that you can still eat the next day? Remember I'm on a student budget as well

Yeah bro i know all about the budget...

If you have a bulk grocery store that will save you a bunch of money. You can get boxes of skinnless boneless breast for cheap. Anyhow tuna get's gross after you've eaten it for so long. Like OGPackin said pasta works well..i like making a couple chicken breast i cut them up...blending it in with pasta and salad with a little bit of dressing was my favorite. No need to warm it up either. Oatmeal is another favorite with protein powder and fresh fruit added to it.

Those are two of my fav's.. it's basically what your mind can think up and try it. Tuna salad or with pasta is great too.

later bro

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I'm a student living in NYC, so I definitely know what it's like to live on a budget. Some of my fav's are:
    peanut butter
    pasta with ground turkey or chicken
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
    tuna straight out of the can with some mustard on it
    shredded wheat bran cereal or cream of wheat, I like to throw a couple of scoops of protein powder in with those

$uperman is offline Member
    protein shakes and bars is what gets it done for me. when you dont have the time for planned meal thats the way to go. low fat w/ plenty of protein.

swoll is offline Junior Member

Cool

yo college just started today and i was thinking the same thing. I eat when i first wake up. Then i shower and get dressed and have a weight gainer before i leave. I bring something with me such as a sandwich. I hit the cafateria once or twice too. That seems to do the trick

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    I work 12 hours a day at night 6pm to 6 am. I Bring a big bag full of tupperware. I wake up 2 pm drink a pre made carton of myoplex
    hit the gym 45 min after get done come home drink a packet of Metrx
    go to work have chicken with rice. Snack is weightgainer. next meal is steak tips and beans. then when i get home before sleep a protien shake. i also munch on peanuts. keeps me satisfied
    I dont always eat this every day but its typical. Cant stand tuna anymore

I'm assuming most of you are already at a pretty good weight though. I lost 20lbs over the summer cause I couldn't work out due to an injury so I need to get food to put some quality muscle on with not much fat. I'm at about 7% body fat though, so I'm just trying to gain some muscle. Thanks for the tips though.

RobNAUTICA is offline Associate Member
    Also a student (OSU BABY!) and i find myself eating soy nuts during the day. I'm pretty wierd in that i sacrifice taste for ease of preperation. Soy nuts suck, sorta, u get used to them. Lots of protein, low carbs.

Beef jerky is also awesome, just quick shit u can throw in your bag and not have to worry about a mess, or shelf life!

Also, i hate tuna, it is the devil, it makes everything in your apartment stink

I guess they have some new tuna..contents are in a bag or somesort..that doesn't have the smelling liquid shit in it??

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Also a student (more of us than i thought) and I've found there is nothing so invaluable as befriending a caf worker. My roommate last year pulled work study in the caf and he'd let me come in and take some stuff at the end of the night (even without a friend on the inside, you can still smuggle out a meal at every sitting). It was easy to load up on garbanzo beans (relatively good protein source, considering), cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs and other things from the salad/sandwich bar and on top of that i'd fill a monsterous thermos with milk so i could mix up my shakes. I'd fill that thermos every time i went to the caf and just rotated them in my fridge...a glass of skim milk with some whey is perfect in a pinch...even without the whey it's better than skipping a meal.

Damn I didn't know there are so many students either!!

cafateria is key lol

PrewPump is offline Junior Member
    also a student. i have a snack bitch, as i like to call her, for 2 classes. just a friend who understands that a student/athlete doesnt have much time to get nurishment, so she brings me food everyday, sorta sweet. in return i give her tube steak, if ya get my drift. win/win situation. may i suggest that everyone gets one, hell two would be better.

kaoz&zen is offline Junior Member
    also try if bulking oats and peanut butter (some add unsweetened raisins for simple carbs post workout). Also, esp. for students, before bed consume a type of protein shake that takes longer to absorb than whey. This also is very effective in morning if you have several classes in a row. Another eas thing to bring with and eat quicly is whole wheat pita bread sandwhiches.. You can do chicken breast, tuna, cheese, beans, anything you want.. Steamed veggies like artichokes (not canned) and zuchinni don't taste bad cold either.

how are the prices at your schools, the prices here SUCK DONG, since i refuse to be raped i have put off my cycle

bad ohio.

i notice alot of college guys gettin ripped off ,they tell me what they paid and its real bad

prop 50mg/ml 10 ml 120! sheeeit!

snack bitch.... thats great. I know if i was single i would have 2! But my girl feeds me. She knows how imporant it is to me. I did go to publix today with her and looked at everything today to see what i could bring to school. I found: cheese strips, beef jerky, soy nuts and some soy milk drink. about 30+grams of protein if i have alittle of all of them.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro i have that problem as well being in school and all. Try not to plan two meals a day, but 5 or 6 small meals per day. Have something to eat in the morning, go to school, b/w your first and second class have something like cheese and yougurt (sp) then after have your lunch, then another small meal etc...and carry out that routine through the whole day

Thread Information