Matty is offline Junior Member

Physician wrote me an Rx for Arimidex - need advice

Here's the deal:

Started HRT several months ago (.5mL test enanth per week). Since then, my dosage has increased to 1mL test cyp per week. In the last week I've noticed my nips itch occasionally and are also sensitive and painful at times. They're also a little puffy, but I can't tell if it's gyno or just fat (I'm bulking). I haven't noticed any discharge and there are no lumps. My guess is these are the first signs of gyno. I went to my physician and received an rx for Arimidex -hopefully my insurance will cover it. I know Arimidex is an anti-aromatase, but I'm not sure if it will help with any of the existing puffiness. I'm probably going to get Nolvadex - may try ** or may see if my physician will prescribe something like it.

Anyway, my question is this: How should I handle this situation? Should I wait to see how the Arimidex works and then look into Nolvadex? Or is it too late and once the signs are there, you've got gyno???

Also, has anyone else received rx's for anti-aromatases or anti-estrogens for gyno???

BTW, once I get the Arimidex - going up to 400mL/week

thanks.peace.matty
    Last edited by Matty; 08-26-2002 at 05:55 AM.

DeadlyForce is offline Banned
    I don't beleive arimidex will help you now. It will block, but not get rid of once symptoms have set in. You need Nolvadex .

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    bump....get some nolvadex stat!

Matty is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys. I've read that Teslac is typically prescribed as an anti-estrogen during HRT. Is this as effective as Nolvadex ?

Thanks, Matty

still growin is offline Member
    Not sure about the teslac , but you need nolva if it is already showing! Arimidex will prevent, but not stop/reverse it!

Thread Information