Thread: marijuana

ryan is offline New Member

marijuana

i saw the thread down below about tabacco affecting muscle growth which made me think about whether or not marijuana may affect muscle growth. anybody know if it does?

-ryan

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    No flame bro...but if you do a search you can find your answer...it's been discussed before.

P

ryan is offline New Member
    roger that, sorry for the annoyance.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    No worries bro...it's not an annoyance. We're here to answer all questions but if I can avoid typing I will If you don't find what you need we'll get you looked after.

P

nymattyk is offline Member
    marijuana lowers testosterone levels which will affect muscle growth

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Originally posted by nymattyk
    marijuana lowers testosterone levels which will affect muscle growth
    I must have the lowest test levels on earth

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

weed

Does not lower test levels, don't over do it, but in moderation will cause no problems. Also do search was good post on this not long ago

The Iron Game Guest
    it all depends on how committed you are. As eye_candy said in moderation it is ok. I use it in more than moderation though and never had problems

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Let's put it this way.

If your name happens to be Snoop Dogg, don't plan on winning any BB competitions soon.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

haha P

Why can't there ever be a certain answer on this subject? It does, it doesn't lower test levels. It causes gyno it doesn't cause gyno. I just wanna know the whole truth and nuttin but the truth..

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Lower test levels

I have never been able to find any studies that show, it lowers test levels or causes gyno.

Moderation IG is like 1x day to help sleep...LOL

BenchPressKing is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox
    I have never been able to find any studies that show, it lowers test levels or causes gyno.

Moderation IG is like 1x day to help sleep...LOL

Marijuana does NOT lower testosterone levels . That is the biggest government lie ever told.... here's a study from the University of Iowa Medical School:

Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone , luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women.

Block RI, Farinpour R, Schlechte JA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To investigate possible effects of chronic marijuana use on reproductive and stress hormones, we assayed testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin, and cortisol in 93 men and 56 women with a mean (+/- S.E.) age of 23.5 +/- 0.4 years. Hormone values were compared among groups of subjects stratified according to frequency of marijuana use (frequent, moderate and infrequent; N = 27, 18, and 30, respectively) and non-using controls (N = 74). Chronic marijuana use showed no significant effect on hormone concentrations in either men or women.

taken from:

http://www.anesth.uiowa.edu/readabst...MID=0001935564

Slyder is offline Junior Member

Weed

Moderatrion. don't overdo it. A splif or some bonhs hits once or twice a week is what I'd try and keep it to. Personally I gotta relax sometimes myself. More of a night time-right before bed drug, as when I smoke nowadays, I wanna go to sleep like an hour later.

realityarts is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchPressKing
    Marijuana does NOT lower testosterone levels . That is the biggest government lie ever told.... here's a study from the University of Iowa Medical School:
    Effects of chronic marijuana use on testosterone , luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men and women.
    Block RI, Farinpour R, Schlechte JA
    http://www.anesth.uiowa.edu/readabst...MID=0001935564
    BenchPressKing,

I'm glad you jumped on this one. Besides there are thousands of substances that can lower testosterone - even common food/drinks.

The whole reason marijuana is illegal, if because it is more profitable that way (for non-hemp industry, government....). It has nothing to do with the health of the user - this is seen in almost every legal prescription drug, alcohol, cigarettes and on and on - they're all legal and potentially deadly.

The drug companies shit there pants over common plants that people can effectively use for this or that. They launch "smear campaigns" on herbal medicines or lobby against them. Also, keep in mind, there is no money in cures.

Hey if u want to be able to down that last chicken breast a couple of tokes will give u the munchies to accomplish that. I would just say moderation but if you are really worried about it and you do not depend on it why even do it save your money for gear. ~Peace

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Ummmm...this thread was from 2001!!

Thread Information