Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

LA people - a great martial arts instructor

http://www.kickboxingforfun.org/

This guy is very modest but he was one of the last of bruces students and has refined a new art based on core JKD principals - I will tell you that you can be there 2 months and be badder than you ever were - very, very fast.

Had to plug my old Sifu - but you will get direct instruction and he doesnt train just every one -wish I were still there

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    One of the last of Bruce's students? Does that mean he teaches primarily Wing Chung Kung Fu or are their other styles as well? Some of the functional JKD guys are awesome...

untill about 7-8 years ago none ofthe old students would call anything they did JKD out of respect for Bruce - like Ted Wong, many trained a few people in a garage - Michael has developed his own style - its not really wing chun - its more like JKD but focused on blinding speed = power. It really is amazing to watch - the guy trains peole with a full set up in the back of his house, looks like budda but I have taken a lot of stuff - worked with the Machado bros, escrima, kali, bando, Isshinryu - but nothing was as good as this.

He came in just as bruce died - mostly taught by Ted Wong (scary dude) and Taky kimura, and King - the Core friends of Bruce

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    - worked with the Machado bros, escrima, kali, bando, Isshinryu - but nothing was as good as this.

I'll have to check that out the next time I get down that way...I like like to see for myself. We get our belts from Riggan Machado and he is one badass dude. I've also trained with Ceasar Gracie, Randy Cotour, and Bernie Lau...I'd like a comparision of the different sytles/instructors...

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    the longer i'm in martial arts the more i realize that there are some bad dudes out there and i've only learned a minimum of skills compared to some of these people.
    i trained in striking styles on and off since i was 10 years old(35 now)and then 4 and 1/2 years ago got into jiu jitsu and started to learn ground/grappling and its opened my eyes to the fact that some people are scarry bad. i cant help but think that i'm glad i never ran across one of those people

Michael himself is not as bad as he could be any more due to knee surgery - but what always impressed me is that he could train you to be bad or at least badder in a relatively short period of time. I remember the first time I was in his class he hit me in the chest - I went flying halfway across the the room before it dawned on me that budda had just hit me

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    This guys sounds like the uncle of an old friend of mine. He taught a bunch of my bro's JKD out of his garage and was also a student of Bruce lee. I wonder if its the same guy. My friends said his methods were bad ass. They quit going otherwise I was going to go with them. I'm not going to mention why they quit because it might not even be the same guy

Thread Information