C-Bol is offline Junior Member

Question DHN and Hairloss (extremely confused)

I am taking deca 300. All I hear about is products to block DHT. What about DHN...is there anything for that? I am using Nizoral 2%, Nioxin, and I am ordering Azelex, is there anything else I can do?

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Baldness or loss of hair is referred to as "alopecia". "Alopecia totalis" means loss of all the scalp hair. "Alopecia universalis" means loss of all body hair. If hair falls out in patches, it is termed "alopecia areata". The condition is usually temporary and rarely leads to baldness. Factors that increase hair loss are heredity, hormones, and aging. Researches have yet to determine the exact cause of hair loss, but many scientists believe that our immune system mistakes hair follicles as foreign tissue and attacks them. Manu suspect genetic components.
    A less dramatic, but more common type of hair loss is "androgenetic alopecia" (AGA)/male pattern baldness. AGA is very common in men. A genetic or hereditary predisposition to the dissorder and the presence of androgens/male sex hormones are involved in this condition(AAS). Research indicates that the hair follicles of individual are at risk to AGA may have receptors programmed to slow down or shut down hair production under the influence of andrigens.
    A species of tiny mites, "Demodex follicularum", may be the cause of/culprit to balding. These mites are present in all hair follicles by the time a person reaches middle age, and in ,most cases cause no harm. Many researches believe that baldness in people may lie in how the scalp reacts to these mites. If the body initiates the inflammatory response as it tries to reject the mites, this may close down the hair follicles, thus killing the mites, and aslo killing the hair.
    In addition to heredity, factors that promote hair loss include poor circulation, acute illness, surgery, radiation exposure, skin disease, sudden weight loss, high fever, iron deficiency, diabetes, thyroid disease, drugs such as those used in chemotherapy, stress, poor diet, ringworm and other fungal infections, hair dyes, and vitamin dificiencies.

Supplements which are a must to prevent hair loss startin with most inportant:

1)Essential Fatty Acids: improves texture, prevents dry, brittle hair

2)Raw thymus grandualr: 500mg/day
    Stimulates immune function and improves functioning capacity of glands.(DO NOT give to children)

3)Vit B complex: important for health and groth of hair.
    Vit B3(niacin) and B5: 50mg 3X daily
    biotin: 300mcg daily. Deficiencies have been linked to skin dissorders and hair loss.

4)Vit C w/bioflavanoids: 3000-10,000 mg/daily. Aids in scalp circulation. Helps with the antioxidant action in hair follicles.

5)Vit E 400-800 iu's daily. Increases oxygen uptake, which improves circulation to scalp. Use natural vit E. Take with EFA's to help absorb vit E since it is fat soluable.

6)Zinc 50-100mg/daily(DO NOT exceed this amount)

I am not going to mention perscription medication for hair loss since there are plenty of posts about them, i only wanted to mention natural methods. There are also herbs such as:

Ginko biloba: improves circulation to the sclap. Also used as memory inhancer

Apple cider viniger: good for hair growth and kidneys

Horsetali/silica: necessary for strong healthy hair

Green tea, pygeum, and saw palmetto may aid in reducing hair loss.

Tea Tree oil combats bacteria and mites that may cause hair loss.

Keep in mind that Herbal products should not be used more then 3 months, except for ginko as your body adapts to them and thus become inaffective.

Eating a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables and low in starch may slow down hair loss. Fruits and vegetables contain Antioxidants thats provide protection for the hair follicles and promote hair growth.

Soy foods inhibit the formation of dihydrotestosterone

Raw eggs are high in avidin, a protein that binds biotin and prevents it from being absorbed.

Lie head down on a slant board 15min/day to allow the blood to reach your scalp. Massage it daily

Use shampoos and conditioners that contain biotin and silica. Aloe ver gel, vit E&C, and jajoba oils are also good for the hair. Conditioners with chamomile, marigold, ginsing keep hair healthy.

Hair is fragile when it is wet. Gently pat your hair dry and squeeze out remaining moisture with a towel

Do not comb your hair until it is dry since wet hair tends to break off. Do not blow dry.

Avoid "crash" diets. Also do not neglect any food groups.

It is normal lto loose 50-100 airs/day

Hope this helps

C-Bol is offline Junior Member
    Great post bro, thanks

Thread Information