djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up some info on ala

i know there is a bunch of these, but heres another, a bit of info for those of you considering using it or wanna know a bit more about it:

ALPHA LIPOIC is a powerful antioxidant that works with other nutrients such as vitamins C & E and gluththione to defend against excessive free radicals. It is called an universal antioxidant because it is soluble in both water and lipid based tissue.
    ALPHA LIPOOICis used by the body to metabolize food and for energy production.

Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant that prevents free-radical damage.

Although there have been hundreds of studies over last 40 years revealing how lipoic acid energizes metabolism, the new excitement about this vitamin-like substance can be seen in the countless recent studies focusing on how it improves the physique, combats free radicals, protects our genetic material, slows aging, and helps protect against heart disease, cancer and many other diseases.

Here is a summary of the many benefits, side effects, and dose requirements of Alpha Lipoic Acid Click here

Read a summary of the amazing effectiveness of alpha lipoic acid, NAC, and L-glutomine to combat and repress the HIV/AIDS virus ALPHA LIPOIC, NAC AND GLUTOMINE MAY STOP AIDS

Richard A. Passwater, Ph.D., in Lipoic Acid: The Metabolic Antioxidant states, "Both insulin -dependent and non-insulin-dependent diabetics will be excited to learn that lipoic acid has been used for nearly 30 years in Europe to treat diabetic neuropathy, help regulate blood sugar and prevent diabetic retinopathy and cardiopathy." He continues, "Lipoic acid not only protects the nervous system, but also may be involved in regenerating nerves. It is also being studied in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease."

Although we make some lipoic acid in our bodies, it is usually not enough, so we rely on food - potatoes, red meat, etc.- to supply what we need for optimal health. Alpha-lipoic acid supplements are now available in health food stores to ensure that we get a sufficient intake of the nutrient.

Passwater adds that lipoic acid's antioxidant function is of major importance, since antioxidant nutrients help protect the body against the damage that can cause heart disease, cancer, aging and about 80 other diseases. This damage is a result of the presence of free radicals, or undesirable byproducts of metabolism.

Interaction with vitamins C & E.

As mentioned above, another function of the lipoic acid is that it both interacts with its antioxidant partners vitamin E and vitamin C and also helps to conserve them. When the body is deficient in lipoic acid, the other antioxidants do not properly network together.

"Lipoic acid has also been used for decades to protect the liver and to detoxify the body of heavy metal pollutants, such as excessive iron and copper and toxic metals such as cadmium, lead and mercury," Passwater continues. One of the most exciting recent developments is that lipoic acid appears to help slow down the progression of HIV-infection to clinical AIDS.

It appears that alpha-lipoic acid, alone or together with vitamin E or C, is an effective treatment for radiation exposure, lessening indices of oxidative damage and normalizing organ function, according to Lester Packer, Ph.D., et al. in Free Radical Biology and Medicine 1995. This therapy has been effective in treating children living in areas affected by the Chernobyl tragedy in the former Soviet Unlon.

Neither animal nor human studies, so far, have shown serious side effects with the use of alpha-lipoic acid, Packer says. However, it is not recommended for pregnant women without proper supervision since it may interfere with vitamin B-1 utilization. A thiamine supplement may be warranted if lipoic acid is given to thiamine-deficient individuals, such as alcoholics.

Protection from cataract formation

Writing in a previous issue of Free Radical Biology and Medicine, I. Maitra, et al., reported that, when lab animals were treated with buthionine sulfoximine (BSO), they all developed cataracts. However, supplementation with lipoic acid protected 60 per cent of the BSO-treated animals from cataract formation.

Maitra and colleagues added that concentrations of glutathione, vitamin C and vitamin E, which decrease after BSO administration, were restored to levels similar to the controls. Lipoic acid also restored the protein complexes glutathione peroxidase and catalase, as well as ascorbate free radical reductase activities in the lens of the animals.

Hans-J. Tritschler, Ph.D., a well-known researcher of lipoic acid, says that the substance is a very important co-factor for glucose metabolism. And, since it is both fat- and water-soluble, it is the missing link between the metabolism of vitamin E and C.

"Since there isn't an overwhelming amount of alpha-lipoic acid in our bodies, an expert panel has recommended 50 mg/day as a preventive measure against diseases caused by free-radical attacks," Tritschler says.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Excellent info, even if it has been posted before.
    Good information can never be stressed too many times

Typed as I take my second dose of ALA for the day

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Just took my first dose of the day... Good stuff!

OG

Lethalius is offline Junior Member
    Just got my ala yesterday. I am starting with 1,000 mg a day (500 mg capsule twice per day). I am doing a dbol /deca /test en cycle. Anyone think I need to go higher on the dosage?

Thanks,

-Lethalius

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yes me im taking about 3000mg per day, and its not a miracle lol

Thread Information