BOB HAD BITCH TITS is offline Associate Member

is 2-3hr in the gym too much???

I've herd that your test levels drop after an hr (read that in a thread not shore how true) but wouldn't that mean you would have to be natural??
    Your test could not go down if you’re on right?? the object is to create microscopic tears in the muscle sometimes requiring more time to train properly, if you supposedly go catabolic after an hr or so would d-bol or even test stop the catabolic affect so you could work out longer and more intence???

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am in and out in 45 minutes to an hour not counting my morning cardio. I just find it hard to believe you can be doing a really intense workout for that long. I am usually about to drop at about the 1/2 hour mark but maybe your endurance is just much better.

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    yes it's too long, kick up the intensity.Shock your muscles by being explosive, not tire them to death.

Spacer2002 is offline Junior Member
    I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, And when I am in there I stay anywhere from an hour & 15min to 2 hours. I am on stuff right now..(just should be kicking in right about now) But what I find really fun is having a energy drink before I go in.. Like one of them Speed Stacks.. After 30min of being there I feel like I can't stop lifting.. It seems to work for me well, Not sure if its good for the body or not though.

Any thoughts on that?

-Shawn-

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    2-3 hours is way to much. Theres no way the intensity is high for that long. 30-45 is about as long as I stay in there.

xenadrine, it helps me, ya I guess I do have good endurance I fuck my self up in the gym sometimes I wonder if im doing to much so that's why I asked, I mean I don't want to stunt my gains by doing to much(sounds like an oxymoron huh) just was wondering what the bros thought

if im on....its 2-3hr if not im out in like 1-1.5
    Last edited by BOB HAD BITCH TITS; 09-04-2002 at 12:56 PM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Sometimes when your on you feel like you could lift all day.
    But I agree. 2hrs is the max...

M

my intensity is very good 6-10 reps muscle failure, 2-3hrs sounds like a lot and I don't really talk much but I do rest in between muscle groups normally 2 groups but there are days where there are three.

Hers an example

chest/-flat bench-incline-decline-bum bell flys-cable flys-3 sets each
    Then tris/-weighted dips-behind the head tri presses (don't know the real name)-tri extensions-cable tri extensions. it takes a long time and if I feel im loosing intensity save that muscle group for the next day(fucks up my routine) bla, bla, bla sorry I talk to much thanx for your help guys

jamotech is offline Member
    I know a guy that goes for about 2-3 hrs, has been doing it for 2 years. He made some gains in the beginning but its been a flat ass plateau for the past year and a half. Oh well, some people learn from advice, others figure it out themselves much later. My point is 2-3 hrs is definately not working for him, and he does this crazy shit 100% natural. Hes defiantely overtrained, his problem is he goes by the lifting schedule in the Arnold encyclopedia, not to say there is anything wrong with it(You would have to be a complete idiot to question anything Arnold says about lifting) the schedule is designed for people who have been lifting for many years and already have a basic foundation, he does not. Anyway, im out in 30-45 minutes on or off as, and when I leave I feel like I just sprinted a mile.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    1.5 hrs is the max for me, anymore than that is just overkill.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    WAY TO MUCH BRO, i am out in an hour, it's not just about declining Test levels, after an hour or so, you will start to produce cortisol like crazy, and that is a catabolic hormone, which will eat your muscle away, so any positive response to training will be negated by the negative effect of overtraining...i bet you i can do more micro-muscle-tears and growth in 1 hour then you can do in 3 hours, and i still grow...get someone who really knows their shit to get you on the right program if you want results...good luck...XXL

Oh yeah and there is a better and more efficient way to grow on gear other then mass volume training...

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i do my weights and cardio in under 1 1/2 hours. most of the time its closer to one hour but sometimes i go a bit slower some days.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with Mike XXL with the cortisol release. That's something that will cancel out your training. It's not quantity, but quality. I'm usually out of the gym within 45 mins. I used to work out for 2 hours at a time, but saw no results. But when you work out smart and more intense, it's still a mind game to convince yourself you've done "enough" in 45 mins. Just know when to draw the line.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    add me to the list of in and out in an hour....anymore and I overtrain..plus i get sick of the damn place

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    add me to the list of in and out in an hour....anymore and I overtrain..plus i get sick of the damn place

Originally posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I agree with Mike XXL with the cortisol release. That's something that will cancel out your training. It's not quantity, but quality.

You guys are not giving me enough credit I know exactly what cortical is and what it does I just was not shore if they were released after a certain amount of time in the gym and I don't mean if im there for two hrs Talking im going to go catabolic (I don't talk much and people don't talk to me) I was worried that I was doing too much and getting less while doing more I just needed to here it from you guys thanks Ronny, Mike XXL and every one ells, this board is the best-BOB

Thread Information