Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member

Cool Steroid dosages for over 50

I know someone 53 years old who is considering taking steroids for the first time. He has been working out of and on for about 20 years. Currently he has been lifting weights for about 4 years straight. My question is, what dosages should a guy over 50 take? Also, are there any steroids too avoid at this age? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jim.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't think there needs to be any differences in the amounts of AAS as oppossed to anyone new to cycling. What are his goals? Why has he decided to do AAS? I think he should take a little more care in getting testing done and making sure his liver, prostate, kidneys, and cholesterol are in check. Let me say that liver and cholesterol are almost always high when on a cycle so he needs to know what his baseline is so he knows where he should be when off. Also anti-e's are likely going to be a must and his DHT and estrogen levels should be checked.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i second rickson's sentiments here.
    hes a newbie cycler. all those particular rules should apply to him. he's no different than anyone else just starting out.

peace bb79

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Okay, I thought there might be some difference because of the age issue. I always hear that it's not good to start steroids before 23 or so , so I figured there might be some differences when your older too.
    I realize that the main reason not to do steroids when your young is because your still growing, and it could have adverse side effects on how your body develops. There must be some difference between an average 25 year old and an average 55 year old first starting out on AS.
    His goals, and why he has decided to use AS are the same as everyone else that starts using. Either to lose weight fast, or gain weight fast. In his case it's bulking up. Anyway, if there's no difference in dosages I will be sure to pass along the info. Thanks guys.

Thread Information