Thread: anavar

inertia is offline Associate Member

anavar

i had a question about anavar and how much it affects your hpta,is it necessary to run clomid post cycle? and does it affect your cholesterol and bp, if so how much?

thx in advance
    inertia

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Yes for sure on the clomid, it is not harsh but ALL aas effect the HPTA including var and primo. Not sure on the cholesterol or BP thing though, sorry.

Originally posted by kizer_soce
    Yes for sure on the clomid, it is not harsh but ALL aas effect the HPTA including var and primo. Not sure on the cholesterol or BP thing though, sorry.
    thx kizer the reason i ask is because i had my bloodwork done and my chol was high 228 im working on lowering it before i start.var would be a nice option for me

Journal of the American Medical Association
    Vol. 281, pp. 1282-1290, Apr. 14, 1999
    Resistance Exercise and Supraphysiologic Androgen Therapy in Eugonadal Men With HIV-Related Weight Loss: A Randomized Controlled Trial
    Abstract
    Context: Repletion of lean body mass (LBM) that patients lose in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection has proved difficult. In healthy, HIV-seronegative men, synergy between progressive resistance exercise (PRE) and very high-dose testosterone therapy has been reported for gains in LBM and muscle strength.

Objective: To determine whether a moderately supraphysiologic androgen regimen, including an anabolic steroid , would improve LBM and strength gains of PRE in HIV-infected men with prior weight loss and whether protease inhibitor antiretroviral therapy prevents lean tissue anabolism.

Design: Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial; post hoc analysis for effect of HIV-protease inhibitor therapy conducted from January to October 1997.

Setting: Referral center in San Francisco, Calif.

Patients: Volunteer sample of 24 eugonadal men with HIV-associated weight loss (mean, 9% body weight loss), recruited from an AIDS clinic and by referral and by advertisement.

Intervention: For 8 weeks, all subjects received supervised PRE with physiologic intramuscular testosterone replacement (100 mg/wk) to suppress endogenous testosterone production. Randomization was between an anabolic steroid, oxandrolone, 20 mg/d, and placebo.

Main Outcome Measures: Lean body mass, nitrogen balance (10-day metabolic ward measurements), body weight, muscle strength, and androgen status.

Results: Twenty-two subjects completed the study (11 per group). Both groups showed significant nitrogen retention and increases in LBM, weight, and strength. The mean (SD) gains were significantly greater in the oxandrolone group than in the placebo group (5.6 [2.1] vs 3.8 [1.8] g of nitrogen per day [P=.05]; 6.9 [1.7] vs 3.8 [2.9] kg of LBM [P=.005];greater strength gains for various upper and lower body muscle groups by maximum weight lifted [P=.02-.05] and dynamometry [P=.01-.05]). The mean (SD) high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level declined 0.25 (0.14) mmol/L (9.8 [5.4] mg/dL) significantly in the oxandrolone group (P < .001 compared with placebo). Results were similar whether or not patients were taking protease inhibitors. One subject in the oxandrolone group discontinued the study because of elevated liver function test results.

Conclusions: A moderately supraphysiologic androgen regimen that included an anabolic steroid, oxandrolone, substantially increased the lean tissue accrual and strength gains from PRE, compared with physiologic testosterone replacement alone, in eugonadal men with HIV-associated weight loss. Protease inhibitors did not prevent lean tissue anabolism.

(JAMA. 1999;281:1282-1290)

(1999;281:1282-1290) Alison Strawford et al. Reprints: Marc K. Hellerstein, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110 (e-mail: [email protected]).

I tried to highlight this part but couldn't do it so here ya go.

The mean (SD) high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level declined 0.25 (0.14) mmol/L (9.8 [5.4] mg/dL) significantly in the oxandrolone group (P < .001 compared with placebo).

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I wouldnt argue with KS especially when hes on clomid lol j/k but personally I run var when I came off cycle recovered no problem 20-30mg day, also I have ran it alone many times for short and long periods of time and not had any problems down there. Just my experience I think each person responds differently and you need to try to see, I hate clomid and try to avoid at all costs lol sorry thats just me

peace

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Every test I have seen shows a pretty heavy suppression at 20 mg of anavar but not a complete shut down. I think clomid should be used post cycle although recovery is easier since their is some function. Nice study post Kizer very interesting read.

I personally used to really go with studies alot and will still read but my personal experience contradicts what I read in some situations so I just go with experience, if I have it

peace

Originally posted by The Original Jason
    I personally used to really go with studies alot and will still read but my personal experience contradicts what I read in some situations so I just go with experience, if I have it

peace
    at least the science gives us basis which to go by. some of us dont have that experience.

peace

I know that, that is why other people share it freely with you to enable other people to learn from peoples experience. If that is possible!. Anyway I am not knocking them as I said I do read alot of studies just in this particular situation I feel have to share my experience you did ask about the affect of var on the hpta youu didnt say studies only no experience right?. I guess I may be wrong when people ask they want experience also? maybe im just presuming to much. Also I did not get any noticeable blood pressure problems with var but I seem ok on most juice a little rise with some

peace

Thread Information