Atomini is offline Banned

Acne from Nolvadex?

This is really strange. Started PCT 2 days ago (Aromasin + Nolva).

Nolvadex = 20mg/day
    Aromasin = 25mg/day

The funny thing is I wasn't getting much acne at all when I was doing my test cycle (couple zits here and there every other week). As soon as I start PCT, I start getting more of these little buggers popping up in places. It's not a huge breakout, just here and there. My thinking is that this is from the Nolva because (correct me if i'm wrong), Nolvadex IS an estrogen but a weak estrogen, a fake one if you will (designed to replace REAL estrogen at breast tissue receptor sites). It's got a very similar structure to Clomid, and we know Clomid is an estrogen as well. This isn't from the Aromasin, because i've been using that throughout my cycle anyhow. So is it very well possible that these acne side effects are coming from the Nolva?

Has anyone else experienced this when using Nolvadex?

kralj321 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    This is really strange. Started PCT 2 days ago (Aromasin + Nolva).

Nolvadex = 20mg/day
    Aromasin = 25mg/day

The funny thing is I wasn't getting much acne at all when I was doing my test cycle (couple zits here and there every other week). As soon as I start PCT, I start getting more of these little buggers popping up in places. It's not a huge breakout, just here and there. My thinking is that this is from the Nolva because (correct me if i'm wrong), Nolvadex IS an estrogen but a weak estrogen, a fake one if you will (designed to replace REAL estrogen at breast tissue receptor sites). It's got a very similar structure to Clomid, and we know Clomid is an estrogen as well. This isn't from the Aromasin, because i've been using that throughout my cycle anyhow. So is it very well possible that these acne side effects are coming from the Nolva?

Has anyone else experienced this when using Nolvadex?

I have seen few guys get acne from Nolvadex on PCT.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    I get zits in pct also ( i am on hrt now so i dont do pct anymore)..

Nolva works by increasing FSH, and , LH which increases test ..

Clomid and nolva are both SERM's although they are diffrent..

You see clomid acually has weak estrogenic activity at the hypothalamus while nolva is anti estrogenic at the hypothalamus and the putiraty..

Have you ever used nolva before ? How long did you wait after your last injection to start your pct ?

Also what was your cycle??

Merc.

JasonR is offline Member
    im a heavy nolva user and nothing for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    I get zits in pct also ( i am on hrt now so i dont do pct anymore)..

Nolva works by increasing FSH, and , LH which increases test ..

Clomid and nolva are both SERM's although they are diffrent..

You see clomid acually has weak estrogenic activity at the hypothalamus while nolva is anti estrogenic at the hypothalamus and the putiraty..

Have you ever used nolva before ? How long did you wait after your last injection to start your pct ?

Also what was your cycle??

Merc.
    Never used it before. I started PCT 2 weeks after last injection. Cycle was Test E, 300mg/week for 8 weeks (stopped at the 8th week, waited until week 10 to start PCT). I also frontloaded at the beginning.

bump

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Zits can be caused by unbalanced hormone levels during PCT.

YouAintKnow330 is offline Associate Member
    I know alot of dudes who believe heavily in Nolva and dont have that problem... Dont Know man

SergioLMT is offline Associate Member
    That happened to me as well. I've been acne prone all my life, but strangely enough, I didn't break out on my first cycle. Now that I'm in PCT (Nolva/Aromasin ), I'm getting cystic acne all over my back. I guess everyone's body just reacts differently to the hormonal changes?

Stock is offline Member
    I always get more acne after my cycle than during it. IMO, its just due to the the change in levels of hormones not necessarily what you are taking.

GimmeAHellYeah is offline Junior Member
    I agree with stock. What did your cycle consist of? ED injections? When I'm on I do ED injections to keep the side effects down and no matter what I use for PCT I break out more then during my cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stock View Post
    I always get more acne after my cycle than during it. IMO, its just due to the the change in levels of hormones not necessarily what you are taking.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. On my cycle I was getting nearly no acne. Maybe a zit or 2 a week. Nothing.

Now at this point it's 4 days into PCT, and i've got more of these little bastards popping up, lol. It's strange.

And my cycle was Test E, so it wasn't ED injections, it was bi-weekly.

Thread Information