ECFATCAT is offline Associate Member

how many grams of protein can you ingest in one siting

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought your body could only take in 40 grams of protein per meal and the rest is just pissed out......ecfatcat you said if you weigh 200 lbs.(i do), you need 500 g of protein......it might be just me ,but that would mean to eat 12 meals a day.....again correct me if i'm wrong

originaly question : showtime

I don't have a reference of how many grams of protein your body can take in but most steaks are more than 40 grams of prtein. I eat 6 meals a day and I feel like Im always full . I couldn't even imagine what you have to eat if your 300 - 350 fuck me( got cow). There are things like Beta-ecdysterone that increase the body ability to store glycogen to muscle tissue.

Show time if you can find some supporting facts I would love to read it . I've been drinkin shakes that are 60+ grams......

I really think there are a few factors that my be at play .....Hydrocloric acid..........digestive enzymes.

Good question let's hope someone has the info

adaptations is offline Member
    You can take in as many as you want.....
    I dont care....eat 12 shakes in one sitting....youll be the one on the can all night.....and be letting out hazardous gases from your Anus...not me

It will all just go to wait....Usually you wanna take in like 40-50 each sitting

still growin is offline Member
    I heard about the same. But I try to get at least 50-60 grams of protien at a sitting. So you piss some out, but at least your are getting your fill! And I reccommend 2-2.5 grams per pound, so 400-500 should do. 6 meals a day, and shakes!

bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't think there is a one number answer. I think people with different sizes, muscle masses, metabolisms, and even the drugs used make the number a little different for everyone.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    I have heard that taking ginger root with your meals will allow your body to utilize more of the protein. I will see if I can dig up any studies on this as well.....I KNOW there are some out there. Also there is a theory about what you have your body used to consuming.....if you have been taking in 40g per meal for the last 3years and one day decide to do 60g per meal, then yes you probably will just piss out the rest....whereas if you increase gradually your body will be able to adapt to the increased consumption.

I think it is more like what rickson said though, that everyone is different b/c I know for a fact there is a huge difference for me at 300g of protein a day and 4-500g per day.......at 600 I don't really notice any extra growth. I am a bit different though, I went from being a vegan barely getting 150g of protein a day and weighing 145lbs to eating every chicken breast in site (450g protein daily, MINIMUM) and blew up to 216lbs in two years....that was when I still thought of test as an exam. Best thing is to experiment, find what works for you, listen to your body....chart your progress. There were times I wrote down every calorie I ate for months at a time until I found something that worked

inertia is offline Associate Member
    so they ssay 3 hours between meals,ok.eating 4-500mg/pro/d is a contradiction.how long does it take for the body to fully digest your last meal? should we be eating 1.5 hours after lst meal @ 40 mgs/pro lets say 10 times/d?

kizer you don't hail from the left coast ......you sound like a bro of mine ....if I said .....I ant got know problem.......what would you say
    I bet you ate a mcfish or two.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Is this some sort of trivia???? I am pretty sure you have me confused with someone else. McFish??? I might have eaten one of those in my entire life......

Originally posted by ECFATCAT
    kizer you don't hail from the left coast ......you sound like a bro of mine ....if I said .....I ant got know problem.......what would you say
    I bet you ate a mcfish or two.

Grant is offline Member
    what the hell did you say ecfatcat, you need to speak english bro

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Inertia,
    I generally eat 50-60 g of protein every meal. I eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and eat 8 to 9 meals a day. I'm generally in bed by eleven and up by six unless I am running fina, winny, eq, test, and T-3 then I stay up half the night answering post.

inertia is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Inertia,
    I generally eat 50-60 g of protein every meal. I eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and eat 8 to 9 meals a day. I'm generally in bed by eleven and up by six unless I am running fina, winny, eq, test, and T-3 then I stay up half the night answering post.
    thx rickson whatever you recommend bro

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump

sorry just an inside check.........( i was hoping for the right responce )

showtime is offline Junior Member
    i know i read that in a M&F somewhere, but i hear half the stuff they say now is a crock of shit..........so i guess i'll just stick w/ my 40-50 g a meal, it seams like its workin

Thread Information