flexshack is offline Member

how long do cuts last?

hey
    how long do cut results from a cycle last? i mean, if the muscles get that hardened look from a cycle, does that immediately fade once the cycle is over? if yes, is there anything to do to keep it longer? i know about keeping the results from a mass cycle but never learned about cutting cycles. any help is more than welcome. thanks.
    flex

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    losing some hardness after a cycle is inevitable. as long as you keep training hard and your diet is good you can stay in good shape. just keep training hard and eating right. add creatine if you arent already on it, ECA stacks help also.

flexshack is offline Member
    went on creatine and liked it a little. nothing great though. i gained about 10lbs from it in 3 weeks and then stopped it. lost only 3lbs since then--(about 5 weeks ago). i didn't love it cause it smooths out everything too much because of water. i really hate retaining water. it sucks. if i am looking for a hardened look, then why would i take creatine?? btw, i may take t3 with the cycle of var, primo, and eq.
    flex

primodonna is offline Female Member
    you can kiss your abs good-bye about 24 hours after you step off the stage and have put pizza hut, dunkin donuts and hostess out of business
    What happens here, stays here

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member
    yep, about 24 hours after your celebration or defeat meal. As you check your abs in the mirror, you see a big bloated jelly fish. However, the initial water gain subsides too and a couple of days later you have some cuts back again.

big bloated jelly fish...beached whale...you can call me Shamu

but yeah...a few days after you'll see some back...16 friggin' weeks of "hell" and you only look good (well you can only enjoy it by actually going out and having a life) for a week.

4plates is offline Banned
    are you guys and gals serious,you will only look good for a week.that sound like a bag of shit to me

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member
    well define good: As far as serious competition shape, you will achieve that only for a week, yes, as far as looking good on the beach, shit it should last a month if you are carefull (and who is after a 16-20 week diet)

i meant competition shape, sorry

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I think to better answer tghe question, it should be slightly re-phrased: Once a certain bf% has been achieved on cycle, it is impossible to maintain that after the cycle is over?
    Is that the question? Well, I think it can be done. Depends on how lean you get though and your genetics. If you get down to 4%, it's going to be tough to maintain that along with your muscle upon coming off. But, if you get down to say 8%, eat at maintenance and keep calories extremely clean, then I see no reason why you can't keep your bf at 8%. Of course, clen and eca will help with that.

nathan is correct. also , creatine makes you hold water intramuscularly, it has nothing to do with subcutaneous water retention, it hydrates your cells, cells are located INSIDE the muscle,hence, it will not make you look smooth, only fuller. glutamine will help also.

Originally posted by bigkev
    nathan is correct. also , creatine makes you hold water intramuscularly, it has nothing to do with subcutaneous water retention, it hydrates your cells, cells are located INSIDE the muscle,hence, it will not make you look smooth, only fuller. glutamine will help also.
    That is not entirely true, at least for some. I notice serious smoothing with creatine and so usually don't like to use it. Some people are just extremely prone to edema.
    Also, why are you always so shiny in your avatar pics kev?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Talking LOL...Nathan!

But if he looks that good, then he can be as shiny as he wants and get away with it.

Re: LOL...Nathan!

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    But if he looks that good, then he can be as shiny as he wants and get away with it.
    Very true. Very true.

yea, some people are more prone to water retention than others, i just respond off of my experience and what i have gathered over the years, thats the beauty of having such a wide variety of experienced opinions to draw from here.

i have my girlfriend take my pics after i take hot shower, as i look alot leaner then, you should try it and post a pic of yourself.

Really? After a hot shower huh? I hope to take some pics after my fina/winny cycle which I start Wednesday (if I can wait that long - I keep moving it up). I have to get access to a camera first though and find someone to take pics of me. Then I have to find a scanner as well. Sounds like a fuck load of work. I want to do it though.

make sure you get some good lighting...it can make or break the way it turns out...big time

Question

am i on the wrong board? is this anabolex?

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Nathan
    I think to better answer tghe question, it should be slightly re-phrased: Once a certain bf% has been achieved on cycle, it is impossible to maintain that after the cycle is over?
    Is that the question? Well, I think it can be done. Depends on how lean you get though and your genetics. If you get down to 4%, it's going to be tough to maintain that along with your muscle upon coming off. But, if you get down to say 8%, eat at maintenance and keep calories extremely clean, then I see no reason why you can't keep your bf at 8%. Of course, clen and eca will help with that.
    I agree with this somewhat. It also has to do with how long you stay at a certain body fat %.

Your body will genetically try and go to the body fat percent that it wants. You can alter this with nutrition, exercise, and drugs, but in the end you body will try and adapt.

I say this from experience. I once got below 8% body fat, and I was ripped.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Nathan
    Really? After a hot shower huh? I hope to take some pics after my fina/winny cycle which I start Wednesday (if I can wait that long - I keep moving it up). I have to get access to a camera first though and find someone to take pics of me. Then I have to find a scanner as well. Sounds like a fuck load of work. I want to do it though.
    Nathan, you could always buy disposable and have it developed at Eckerd's/Walgreen's/whatever you have up there and they put them on disk and/or the Internet for downloading.

Originally posted by XBiker

Nathan, you could always buy disposable and have it developed at Eckerd's/Walgreen's/whatever you have up there and they put them on disk and/or the Internet for downloading.
    Aiight. Thanks. I'll figure something out after this cycle. I want more size (always though) and I'm roughly 11-12%bf now or so I would say, maybe a bit less and so wanna get down to about 8% first. Hoping to do it with the fina/winny. Come on fina...

I deleted some posts above...my apologies if they offended anyone

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    LOL, I guess I walked in kinda late. Anything I say would seem like a desperate attempt to preserve all masculinity, so I'll just laugh. And no, Primo just thinks I'm gay cause I keep turning her down.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I guess they weren't all deleted cause I replied to something.

lil' juicer is offline Junior Member
    Depends a lot on the severity of your cutting cycle diet and use of diuretics. I hear getting contest cut can be a near death experience.

Thread Information