LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member

Angry Bad News about LookingToCut...

09/05/02

Hi guys/gals,

I'm sure you ALL know me by now, and have all seen my diary regarding my FIRST cycle. Anyways, if you have been reading, you know that my stomach was bothering me, etc. Anyhow, I went to the Dr. yesterday to get some bloodwork done to make sure everything was OK. My doctor called me this morning and said " Let me ask you a question ". She then proceeded to ask me How long I planned on using steroids for.....I told her I am finishing my cycle in 2 days. She told me that my cycle is destroying my liver, and my cholesterol, etc...She said I'm liable to have a heart attack!!!!!!! This is my FIRST cycle, and it consisted of the following:

Weeks 1-10 400mg/week EQ
    Weeks 1-11 400mg/week Brovel t200
    Weeks 8-13 50mg/ED Denkall Winny
    Clomid.....

I am finishing up my Winstrol tomorrow, and then I start my clomid therapy.........Do you think the reason my test came back with these results is because I got my bloodwork done while STILL ON MY CYCLE?!?!? I honestly think that if I get my bloodwork done AFTER clomid therapy, my results should be more in the normal range. I am going to get bloodwork done again in 3-4 weeks after I finish my Winny and take my clomid...Do you think that will affect the readouts?

Please help...I am very nervous because it is my first cycle, and I thought everything would be fine.......

P.S. I will post the EXACT results of the test in a few hours after I go pick them up from the Dr. Office....I will post the exact readouts so you guys can help. PLEASE HELP A BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-LTC

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear bro
    does doc say abdominal pain from liver
    did you fast before blood work at least 12 hrs no eating.
    i had blood work done and had a protein shake 3 hrs before test(did not know they were going to do blood work)and my levels were out of this world--doc freaked--took another test no eating blood levels were fine

also when come off levels will get better but 1 cycle should not have done that unless you have genitic/heridity problems before

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Plus depends on how high they really are and what not, liver values high is bit of a problem but could be due to high protien diet, and cholesterol levels are usually a bit high when on. Having said all that get the amounts above normal you are. Tell your Dr. to relax she freaking out and probably knows less about AAS than you do. Also orals tend to push cholesterol levels up a bit, as does ending a cycle.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I hope everything turns out okay for you bro. I'm on an identical cycle with a few weeks to go except I'm taking winny tabs instead of injecting, but either way, they're both 17aa. How's the water intake? Are you taking liver protectants (ala)?

I would think that gaining an incredible 40lbs in 3 months would also be pretty harsh on the body somehow. You're doing in 3 months what most people wish they can do in 1 year.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Sorry to hear that Bro, but i am thinking she might be using scare tactics to get you off the drugs...plus put in consideration all of the sudgestions above...AS reduce high density cholesterol (good cholesterol) and increase low density cholesterol (bad cholesterol). Winstrol is esspecially known to reduce the HDL, after just 6 weeks of uses it can reduce the HDL by 33%, however it all returns to normal after the drugs have been disontinued. As for your liver increase the Milk Thistle dosage to 2000mg a day and your ALA to 1200mg a day. I seriously doubt you caused any seriouse damage to you liver on your 1 and first cycle, your liver enzyme values could be high from other reasons, like high protein intake, creatine etc...good luck and don't panik i am sure it's nothing to seriouse...

...and just one more thing, "you play with the bull, you get the horn" this are drugs you are using and all drugs have side effects...price to pay nothing comes for free in this world...

GOOD LUCK...XXL

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    well put mike_xxl. Steroids do have side effects, and we should all educate ourselves and know about this when we get into it. For me, Educating about side effects and how to counter them is the key to this board. If I didn't have this board to read, I'd probably end up having a set of tits and a messed up liver and kidney.

LookingToCut, looking forward to seeing your test results and your results post cycle.

I will also add, DIET play key role as does booze especailly when ON. I think booze and most rec. drugs are big no/no when cycling.

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    silverfox (did you used to be Eyecandy?) --

Anyhow good advise bro, i too would keep away from rec. drugs as much as possible (especially alcohol). I'm just as human as any of you fellas (and ladies) out there so sometimes you have to relieve stress in ways of drinking or blazing up that fatty boo batty Just TRY to keep it in moderation and all will be well.

Peace,
    AZ

thanx for all the comments/support brothas! I am in school right now in class, and wanted to read responses...I went to the Dr, and picked up my lab results, so I will post them when I get out of here...there are a TON of things listed on the results, so what are the CRUCIAL things I should post for you guys to get an idea? If necessary, I'll post EVERY single thing listed on there, but is there things in specific? I would like someone with experience like all of you guys to look over my results and let me know if its normal while on cycle........

Also, I did NOT fast. I ate 2 hours before the test....Oatmeal and a protien shake.....

I have been taking ALA, and water, although I should have been drinking alot more water.....Anyways, WHAT EXACTLY should I post so you guys can review my blood test? PLEASE HELP guys, I'm nervous, and woud like to be able to hear your opinions!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to ALL you guys looking out for me...I hope its all normal, and I'm over reacting!!! I'll be back SOON to post....

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by AZlifter
    silverfox (did you used to be Eyecandy?) --
    AZ...yes Silverfox used to be "eye_candy", I suggested he change his name because he is ugly...definately NOT eye_candy!! lol!!!

LTC...don't panick yet bro, just keep eating clean, use you ALA or milk thistle and have your blood re-worked in a few weeks. I agree with SF, your Doc maybe be jumping the panick gun a little.

babi is offline Associate Member
    i agree with evrybody here.i also think that your doc is trying to scare you once you get the results post them here to find out if your liver is as bad as your doc claims to be.ib hope you new b4 you got into this game that roids come with some side effects too not as much as the media makes it to be but nevertheless there is still some side effects like it or not

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    Post your AST and ALT levels. These are your liver readings. Post your triglycerides, total cholesterol, as well as, HDL and LDL.

I did not read, did you go to the doctor because your stomach hurt real bad? Is that why you had bloodwork done?

Explain exactly what was hurting.

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    BTW, eating before bloodwork can cause results to be wrong. Did you drink any alcohol within the days prior. Heavy lifting can also effect your liver readings, primarily your AST levels.

Obviously, your readings are going to be elevated at the end of a cycle. I think the Winny should really work it over.

Remember, the liver is probably the most resilient organ in our body. Which is good for everyone here. I really doubt the cycle you did will cause any lasting problems on your liver. I think she is trying to scare you. Did she mention you getting a test for Hepatitus? If they were real high levels she almost surely would.

eating before hand threw tests values off as well.

PS - thanks for complete pete!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by silverfox
    eating before hand threw tests values off as well.
    I agree! Finish out your cycle Bro, and then get your bloodwork done again - w/o eating beforehand.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    hey bro hope everything goes well.

McBain is offline Member
    Sorry to hear that you have to go through this bro. I'd be freaking out too but stay cool. You'll get through this. That was not a heavy cycle, seems like you took the proper precautions. You should be fine unelss like someone mentioned you have a genetic predisposition to these problems. The medical world is amazing today though bro. If you can get shot in the head a few times and live I think you'll be fine with that cycle. Hang in there bro, positive attitude = positive results. The mind is an amazing thing.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro,
    That is why I tell people to not take test while on unless your on year around. Of course your numbers are out of whack. I am sure your liver values are high, cholesterol is up, BP is probably up, and test is low. We all know that happens when on a cycle. My guess is your Doctor doesn't know squat about AAS. What really makes me mad is your stomach problems may be something unrelated to AAS but I guarantee she won't look for anything else now. I suggest you take your bloodwork to an endocrinologist who is very famaliar with hormone treatments. I also suggest you get bloodwork done after you have recovered from your cycle. I think you will find values are back to normal for the most part.

hi everyone, this is brians girlfriend. he told me to come on here to tell all of you that he hasnt been on because his computers not working right now, so he hasnt had a chance to chech your replies or post his bloodwork results. he will definately be on tomorrow because hes comming to gainesville, so he will be using my computer. thanks for all your concern and help...im worried about him!!!

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    QUIT WORRYING BRO

i would bet your levels are a mess because of eating first---did you tell the doc you ate
    my story

my blood test before last was out of this world
    my triglicerides were over 500 should be under 200
    total cholestrol was over 300
    liver was elevated
    i told dr i ate before test(protein shake) and he chewed me out for stressing him
    retook test
    triglicerides--under 200
    total cholestrol around 160
    good cholestrol was low though
    liver within normal limits(and i've done over 10 cycles)

one of my partners just had blood work done
    THEY TOLD HIM TO GO HOME AND DONT MOVE MUCH HIS LEVELS WERE SO OFF--they said he was a walking heart attack with cholestrol over 1000 and liver values over 60---he stressed all weekend and went back for another test the next week
    this time not eating and no efferdrine before test(he aint too bright) and everything was ok
    so you may have problems but probably not my guess is the food
    redo test with fasting this time

Grant is offline Member
    You know what pisses me off about a lot of doctors??! They go to school for years and study feveriously and spare all of their knowledge when talking to you and begin to lie to you. Out of everybody they should level with you and they should be the one person you trust that really breaks things down for you. If you wanted advice, you would have asked your mother is AS was a good idea. Can't they just do what you asked them to do? This is in assumption that your doctor is blaming AS for your conditions, but unless she knows that AS is causing them, she shouldn't blame it for alarming test scores unless she has ruled all the other variables.(There are level headed doctors out there too. I do have respect for the medical community.)

Hey everybody, I just got back home to my hometown, after a LONG 8 hour car drive and I have access to my computer again...My phone line in my fuckin apartment went dead when I tried going on to post bloodwork results...The bad news is I forgot my damn blood work papers up in Tallahassee!!!!!!! You guys have helped me out a LOT, and I feel alot better and confident about my results changing within the month after clomid.....

I also took Hydroxicut 30 min before the test also...I was not aware of any of this......And yes, I did tell them I ate before hand, and they did not say anything....

Thanks again, and I will post the results Monday or Tuesday.....Sprint is supposed to fix my line Monday, but we'll see...they always give me shit..so if I dont post..ill be back ASAP to post my bloodwork...Thanx guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-LTC

( I'll be able to use this computer until Sunday )

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    yea, i got low cholesterol that my doc blames steroid use for also...i would get real faint and shaky as hell =\

Hardballw is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck to you bro!

Thread Information