Jack87 is offline Retired Vet

Question Injury question... Help a bro out...

I'm mainly putting up this thread to see if any of my brothers out there has ever experienced an injury like this so I know what to expect...

About 3 months ago right in the middle of my last cycle I injuried my elbow playing football... Got tackled and ending up coming down really hard on my right elbow... At the time it just feel like a stinger.... And was sore for a couple of days....

Chest day wasn't for about 4 days and by then it feel good enough to lift fairly heavy... I did notice some pain, but nothing unbearable... Just a sharp pain for the first couple of sets until the blood started flowing...

Anyway by the end of my cycle the pain had gotten worse to the point that I haven't been in the gym for over a month... I just went back last night and the pain starting off benching was the worst I ever felt... When I finish my cycle I was benching over 300 for reps and now with only 135lbs on the bar I was in serious pain mainly at the top and bottom positions...

Needless to say this fucking sucks It effects all heavy chest, delt and tricep training... And I love going heavy on these bodyparts....

I thought maybe with a break from the gym it would heal on it's own, but no such luck... My cycle was deca /test/fina and I'm thinking the deca must have hide the pain of the injury a little because it sure as shit didn't feel this bad when it happened.... Anyway I now have an appointment to go see the doc...

Anyway if you have went through the trouble of reading this long ass thread and have any advice or experienced with an injury like this let me know what happened to you and if you recovered without surgery....

thanks

still growin is offline Member
    That sucks bro! Don'n't know what to tell you but go to the doc like you said. Good Luck

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Where is the pain ??Sides of elbow ?? bicep tendon ???
    i hyper extended mine in a fist fight with my dopehead Neighbor.
    and mine hurt of the left and right sides of the point in the elbow.
    i had some pretty good pain while working out. I took a break from gym 2 weeks came back and it still hurt i went lite 3 days a week and it seemed to have done the trick. i used anti inflames and ice/heat therapy
    i still have a little pain evey now and then but nuthing thats stops me from goin heavey. Deep tissue massage works wonders as well. I suggest the massage after heat therapy. Hope i could help

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Yeah the pain is mostly on the point of the elbow.... When I tried benching the other night the pain felt more like there was internal damage though.... I thought maybe I chipped the bone.... I won't know for sure until next week...

I just don't want get cut because I know the shit is never the same once they cut you... I just hoping worst case is I'll need to get scoped and hopefully will be go to go in 6 to 8 weeks....

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    first bro sorry to hear it --good luck --and let us know what doc says
    second--i had some serious elbow pain that i just got over. the pain just was there one day and every time i benched it got worse. it was a sharp pain with weights and a aching pain without. after awhile i figured it was tendonitis so i started taking anti inflamatories,ice as often as possible,rest--took break from heavy benching(which sucked i did 445 2 weeks before pain started)and wore a neophrene sleeve and tennis elbow brace(i looked bionic) when i trained.
    that was a few months ago and i just enjoyed my third week lifting without pain. it was so bad at one point i could not even lift a drink with that arm and when i woke up in ams it took me a couple of minutes before i could move it.so it took a few months to get rid of pain and all of a sudden a few weeks ago pain got less and less till it was gone

Baldguy is offline New Member
    Sorry to hear about your injury. I'm working through the second severe injury within a year. Sucks!

My first advice is a little too late but I would always suggest going to a Dr. to see where you stand as quickly as you realize an injury is severe. You don't always have to follow their advice to the T but at least you know where you stand and can work through it accordingly.

As far as being a little apprehensive about going under the knife, it's not always that bad. Find a good Dr., get a second opinion if it will make you feel better, then research the injury and surgeons in the area.

Coming from someone who is put together w/ screws and bolts, finding the best surgeon is key. Good luck.

harley is offline New Member
    Elbows, shoulders, knees... they all suck to mess up. I hurt both shoulders and ended up choosing 3 months of therapy over surgery... talk about glad. Don't doubt a good sports med. doctor and a good therapist. They saved me a lot of recovery time and some ugly scars. Best of all, towards the end of my therapy they pumped me full of test shots and my insurance covered it all.

Thread Information