browboy is offline Associate Member

AAS and blood pressure meds?

Well, many of you are familier with my situtation. Basically, ran a screwed up cycle-listened to the wrong peeps-stopped it after nine weeks, and then bp went sky high. Its been about three months since last shot, and I have been on bp meds and pressure is still up, not as bad as at the beginning of Sept thought. Saw doctor yesterday, I have been on Linisporal and now he is adding Atenalol which is a beta-blocker. All other tests-and they have ran a crap load of them-all come back normal. So I have two questions. First, any on these types of bp meds and how has it effected you general speaking; fatigue, work-outs, strength, etc. Secondly, as I am wanting to do a "correct" cycle in the next month or so, anyone do a cycle while using these type drugs and any problems with it? I am hoping to not be on them too much longer, but we will see. Odd thing is is that prior to my cycle, I have never had any bp issues, it has always run around 117/75. Seems really odd or very coincedental that after that cycle, my bp is up and won't come down. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

bump for vet or mod? Anyone?

bump for some answers

come on-bump

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    I dont recomend you run another cycle unless your bp is in normal range.

After contest and on clen (gained 22lbs in one week ) my bp become unstable/high with tachycardia. My bp was 170/100 my normal values are 110/60 so I was really sick. I after all examinations got beta-blocker and low dose lower my bp to normal range and use was after 5days discontinued.

Now my bp is again stable 120-110/70-50 but Iam lighter from 230 to 210lbs and feel better.

Check your diet cut salt, and lower your weight. Use your medication and dont start new cycle.

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    I was tired and lethargic on metoprolol. Not nice feeling.

Chuck_R is offline Member
    http://health.discovery.com/centers/heart/pmg/p04.html

Lots of good info re: blood pressure

jeepman06 is offline Junior Member
    I have run several cycles with Lisinopril. I usualy take 5-10mg per day and increase the dose to 20mg a day while cycling. BP comes back down 2-3 months after a cycle and I can continue my regular 5-10mg per day of Lisinopril. I have my own BP machine at home and I moniter it daily, sometimes several times a day while cycling. I should mention that I only have mild hypertension and the highest it has ever been off meds is 150/90.
    If you choose to run a cycle against members and Doctors advice, make sure you are deligent about monitering and discontinue AAS is BP gets outta control.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    clonodine is an excellent blood pressure med... talk to your doc about it....

crypticaddict is offline Junior Member
    Benicar HCT is the way to go. Several different doses available, works quick, no rebound when you come off.

good shit.

Wavelover is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up AAS and blood pressure meds

Select type of AAS which don't affect too much to BP. go search steroid profile.
    Steroid retains water in blood causing high BP. HCT(hydrochlorothiazide) is widely used to control highBP, it removes water from circulation. You may also combine with Cozaar.

Marinos is offline Junior Member
    I have a perscription for Clonidine (for ADD), would it be benefitial for me to up the dosage during cycle?

Wavelover is offline Junior Member

Smile highBP

Clonidine (Catapres) works directly in the brain stem, some doctors may used it for immediate result to treat severe hypertension. Unless you don't experience side effects significantly, and good response go ahead with Clonidine

Wow, lots of great info! Thanks. I actually have an appointment next week with a new doctor. I am going to mention some of the suggested drugs here.

Alfamale is offline Associate Member
    I use Atacand(candersartan cilexetil) 32 mg ed and it works perfect for me, before i was 140/100 and now im 120/85 and it dosent matter if im on or not.

spooledup is offline Banned
    Also, make absolutely sure they take your reading with the large cuff.

I've had two Drs recently that took it with the small cuff. When I asked them to use the larger cuff it dropped by 20 points.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crypticaddict View Post
    Benicar HCT is the way to go. Several different doses available, works quick, no rebound when you come off.

good shit.
    I am on Benicar 40mgs a day because I have high blood pressure just normally... mostly because of my family history and well because I was severely overweight.. now my doc prescribed it but I am now normal again I was 183/112 which is horrible I run 122/77 now great improvement I know but when you say no rebound when you come off does that mean if I were to stop taking this med I will be all set and my BP wont jump back up and since I dont see my doc anymore ya think its safe just to stop?? I need to get off this med because I leave for Basic Training in a month and during those 9 weeks of FUN you are not allowed to be on any meds and I seriously can not afford a trip to the doctors office. Any help that anyone can offer would be really appreciated. Thanks Guys !!

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    browbow and duece, this is debatable but give blood. was the best thing i did for my BP besides cutting the Clen . your RBC is probably still high from your previous cycle so give a little blood and you would have a good chance of your BP going back to normal

Once again, thanks for all the info. I did try the giving blood thing. Made the appt, got down their, went through all the crap and then I, trying to be a good guy, gave them the form I printed off of the internet and they say that I was taking finastride, and they said I could not donate. Apparently fina can cause problems for a pregnant woman if she received the blood. So I was pretty bummed out cause I had heard that donating would help.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    ^^^^ ok bro but whatever you do stay on track with your doc....monitor you BP and take the steps to normailze it.Contol your BP and you can continue your lifestyle with out a problem.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Awesome I'm going to go hit up the Blood Bank Monday Morning !! Thanks bro !!

Thread Information